UIC Acceptance for 2007

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey WiseDent.....Finally you proved yourself a really true Wise Dent(al Professional)... CONGRATES !!!!!! and wish you all the best for 2+ years of your DDS studies and then after....

I also live in Chicagoland area and would like to meet you some time at your convenience at the earliest to get few guidelines about UIC and other Univs...

Kindly please let me know your contact details with your contact name at my email address [email protected]

Regards with Wishes,
Doc_talk

I got accepted at UIC for 2007.
Thanks to SDN for the tremendous amount of information and support.
My good luck and best wishes to all who are trying for the next year.

Getting an admission is not easy but hard work and patience would defenitly help.
I just wish to share my experience with you all.
Its my second attempt.
Last year i got accepted at NYU. waitlisted at Boston,Buffallo,Minnesota &
UIC.
I was sad and mad .knocked at all the doors possible. Lots of frustrations.But there is a time for everything. I badly wanted to get in to a 2 year program and UIC was my first preference as i live in chicago.
Studentdoctor sometimes helped me and sometimes it made me more frustrated.I am just writing my experience hoping it may help some of you.

My stats part 1- 89, part 2- 77,GPA 3.75(wes) 3.06(ECE) Toefl- 257
took dental hygiene license of florida. attended dental society's meetings,took a certification in managed care.and worked as dental assistant for some time.

I got accepted to a fellowship program in maxillofacial prosthetics at UIC last year . It was like a small light in darkness.So i decided to defer my admission at NYU for next year and try again at UIC this year.

I applied only to UIC this year and BY God's grace i got in and i am happy.

My advice to those who are trying is to never loose hope. I had times when i lost it but my faith in God and family's support helped me a lot. Keep trying. Never forget that patience is a virtue. Do everything possible and knock at every door. YOu never know which one is gonna open for you. My acceptance to the fellowship program was a miracle. so try for other programs too while waiting. above all trust in God.

I have gone through this struggle and so i am happy to help anybody to whom i can be of some help.wish you all good luck.

Love wisedent.:)

Members don't see this ad.

Hey WiseDent.....Finally you proved yourself a really true Wise Dent(al Professional)... CONGRATES !!!!!! and wish you all the best for 2+ years of your DDS studies and then after....

I also live in Chicagoland area and would like to meet you some time at your convenience at the earliest to get few guidelines about UIC and other Univs...

Kindly please let me know your contact details with your contact name at my email address [email protected]

Regards with Wishes,
Doc_talk

Hi aman_g, i got the email of acceptance , but not received the mail yet, did you receive the mail of acceptance ? thanks.

Hey me too!!! I am in!!!!:) :)

Members don't see this ad :)
stelon plz check ur pm

thanks

Anybody still waiting for the reply from UIC for the interview? I applied on the last day (Sept 1) and I have not heard anything from them about the interview. Anybody on the same boat as mine?

Tampali, I am still waiting for a reply. I also applied on the last day. I guess the only thing left for us is wishful thinking.

just my humble advice....
there is only one thing you can always be sure of and that is your value and your passion for dentistry. continue on your way and do not expect closure from any external place, do not let any external thing control and lead you, and your actions. I am saying this only because I am truly fighting with myself the same way and it is very hard sometimes, but is the only thing that makes sense. ......and if they call you for an interview, even better....
vita-dent
thanks vitadent,
that was a good advice..
well i for sure will never give up eever unitl i reach my destination...
its a long and hard journey for all of us and i believe that those who try hard will definitely get there........
good luck too u ...

Anybody still waiting for the reply from UIC for the interview? I applied on the last day (Sept 1) and I have not heard anything from them about the interview. Anybody on the same boat as mine?
hi tampali,
i applied in july but havent received from them yet either,
do u ahve any news about whats goin on at uic........do they have any other batches in nov/dec...
thanks

don't worry they are going to call more students after 27th of this month.
good luck!!!

don't worry they are going to call more students after 27th of this month.
good luck!!!

I applyed in July. Still nothing. If I understood right from answer machine they are going to call people in November also. But I am not sure.
Good luck for all!

I applyed in July. Still nothing. If I understood right from answer machine they are going to call people in November also. But I am not sure.
Good luck for all!

hi dusja,
what are your stats?

yes Tampali,
i am in same boat..i applied in last week...and i havent heard anything from them..do u think there is still hope???

Members don't see this ad :)
yes Tampali,
i am in same boat..i applied in last week...and i havent heard anything from them..do u think there is still hope???

Let's pray and hope for the Interview call from there..... let's do not loose the hope...

Has anybody been called for Interview who applied on the last week of August, just before deadline?

Tampali

I applied back in July and I still have heard nada , But I am the type of person that waits for the Fat Lady to sing before I move on . Stay positive and if you are like me and applied evrywhere and for everything we will have our day. Hang in there, Because " It aint over to the fat lady sings".

congrajulations
i need ur avvice, i wanna know hw tough was the practical exam at uic,and one thing more hw did taking dental hygiene licence helped u
thjanks

Congratulations guys with your acceptance.
I recieved rejection letter with some advices.
Whatever!

I recieved rejection letter with some advices. Very upset.
Whatever!

when did you receive rejection letter? when were you interviewd?

I recieved rejection letter with some advices. Very upset.
Whatever!

Sorry for your rejection . I have a colection of rejection from last year ,but I still continue to try. It is very usefull that they give you some advise . Now you can improve your application and they still are some other schools where you can apply for the next year. (NY ,Temple ,Colorado, Nova) Can I ask you what scores do you have?

Hi, everybody
Thank you for your support. I applied in many schools. Going to retake my part I in January. May my luck will come in the next year.
Good luck !

hey everyone out there,congrats to everyone who got in.......:thumbup:
i received rej.letter with a peice of advice.....which in other words was good to know, the reason i was rejected, unlike other schools which do not give u a damn reason for the rejection.
well got rejected in quite a few more schools....
i am fed up of these processes and planning to give up ......but i cant...
coz i know i have worked hard and i am sure that i will get in someday..........
i cant be a quitter and i never was and will never be..........

does anyone has any advice for the poor deteriorating soul.....:(

any help would be appreciated.....
thanks

Sorry for your rejection . I have a colection of rejection from last year ,but I still continue to try. It is very usefull that they give you some advise . Now you can improve your application and they still are some other schools where you can apply for the next year. (NY ,Temple ,Colorado, Nova) Can I ask you what scores do you have?

hey there,where do u get the strength to hang in ???
if i may ask how many schools rejected u?? this time i got rej. from 3!!!!!!!!!!
i am unable to keep myself together ..........after so many rejections and thinking to really give up my career..........what r ur stats???
thannks !:luck:

Yesterday I received one more rejection letter to add to my pile of failures. I am planning on giving up and taking some masters program. I have invested too much time, money and effort trying dental schools. I am not willing to continue this frustrating path with no warranty of success. Good luck to the perseverant and patient.

Yesterday I received one more rejection letter to add to my pile of failures. I am planning on giving up and taking some masters program. I have invested too much time, money and effort trying dental schools. I am not willing to continue this frustrating path with no warranty of success. Good luck to the perseverant and patient.

hi caries,
i tried to look into your prev posts, couldnt find your stats??seems like u got rejection from UIC, you might wanna look into your stats and see what you wanna improve, scores? work exp?part 2? also if you dunt wanna do a DDS program which is immensely competitive, look into
1) minnesota license, they just need you to pass part 1 and 2, plus some more things, you might wanna find out
2)look at states which permit you to practise dentistry if you have some kind of residency training, there are abt 20 states which permit this, but please verify their requirements
3) florida offers hygiene license
4)some states let you work as a faculty if you hav some kind of masters

but above all, what are your stats?? every school has diff requirements, not all schools go after 90+ scores , so calm down, try to look more deeply into each school's requirements, everything is avaialble on this forum,
just dunt give up

hi guys,
i too received rejection letter,very upset.but some where in the deep heart is making me to hope for the best and continuing to retake xms.
so keep faith and proceed
gudluc

I wish I can say something to make the people rejected feel better but all that I can say is this: every time when I was ever rejected, or failed...actually I ended up learning something or focusing on the more critical stuff and so on...from a practical point of view when there was something that made me take my eyes off the price ...=admission, it was only for the better because it gave me the freedom to focus on the real goals. I mean learning dentistry because it is cool, because this is what you want to do...not because of stupid admission requirements. Reading, practicing in the lab, because I want to become a good dentist not because I have to for the such and such admission. I think getting a rejection kind of gives you that freedom back in a way, but that's just me. I had an interview at UIC and I did not did ok, so I am expecting a letter,too, so I am not any better, but I am preparing for another interview which is going to be 10 times harder, and I am also preparing harder,too. I wish I can encourage all the people who feel strong for dentistry to keep on getting better...
vita-dent

To all my friends who are getting rejection letters...I was in the same boat last year and i know how it feels... There is something good in everything bad that happens.YOu get a rejection letter not becouse you are not good enough but because your time is not yet come.I know this waiting is hard but if you can convert your frustrations to hard work..if you convert it to a challenge..you would reach your goal sooner or later. Those who have good scores-i mean resonable score-please try to improve the over all status and consider the various options to keep yourself busy and well prepared for the next interview.Attend the meetings,take part 2 or join some masters here. It will help you somewhere in your life and would keep you busy. Above all belive that there is a right time for you and this waiting is for a reason.Abraham linkon failed many times but he was keeping his tools ready meanwhile and was preparing himself becouse he knew his day will come and finally it came.It is easy to say i know but even working at some place here would help to mingle more with this culture.I am just trying to share your sorrow and to inspire you... in case my words could help..

Great words wisedent and vita-dent...ppl like me need such encouragement..i wish u best of luck

congratulations, we are next, we need to stay the focus.

hi,
does anyone have any idea as to how many spots have been filled up at UIC? i was interviewed in august and jill said " final decisions will be made in nov last week".... just wondering if thy have any seats left at all....
i would appreciate your thoughts on this...thanks.

Hi guys,

Has anybody got the call from them today?

Heay jasmine dentist...the will have a meeting today to decide the final candidates...have u got any idea how many seats still r left..

not yet. i think they are making decision

Ok guys, I think all we can do now just hope and wait :)

Ok guys, I think all we can do now just hope and wait :)

jill told me around 14 seats were left

hi cementum,
jill said 14 seats, really ??

when did u speak to jill abt this? i try calling her so many times, never get thru.....

well, yes, cementum, jasmine, its nice to hear tht, lets all just wait, thn...

good luck preetha...........and everybudy else too who is waiting.........

did any one tried to call jill?

best time to call up J and actually catch her on the phone is around 4 or 5, as call volumes are not high during this time and she is pretty much available too............

I tried calling...but it is going into voice msg...did u tried.....i think we will come to know any decision by tomorrow only...it is already 4 there

yes i tried to call her but she did not pick up

relax guys,try calling around 5,i know this wait kills, i hav been through this,if she doesnt take the call today, she will call u on her own tomm,or call her really early like at 10 in the morning,.........just sit back and pray for the best

I tried to call too. I reached only the voicemail

hey.. did anybody receive call or acceptance information?