UIC Acceptance for 2007

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
hey.. did anybody receive call or acceptance information?[/QUOTE
Hopefully we will know tomorrow morning !

Members don't see this ad.

thanks godbless, just pray for me too...havent heard anything....
anyone received any emails yet...

I didn't get anything either. So tired of waiting:(

Members don't see this ad :)
Even longer waiting than getting the results of my National College Entrance Exam, no news yet! All other schools let people know in only a couple of weeks.:( :( :( :( :( :( :( So frustrating...

Just call Jill tomorrow, she will give you about your status of admission. All the best guys who are waiting.

I tried calling Jill many times but it was always the voice mail....only resort is to wait patiently...i was thinking the results wud be out on the 27th...i was told that way...whatever....all the best guys..please let us know if anybody hears from UIC.

I called to decline their offer. I am sure you will hear from them this week.

any emails from jill/ uic yet??

nothing. I have been checking email every 5 mintues like a manic. No news!!
Calls never went through.

hey. anybody got phone call for acceptance yesterday? I found that they have already called to accepted candidates yesterday. I am still waitig for reply.

how did you find out that they have called accepted candidates

one of my friend is studying at UIC. When he inquired at Admission offfice, he was informed that they have already called accepted candidates.

That was I figured out. Normally they would let you know immediately if there are good news. It is hard for people to deliver the bad news to people. So you typically got no answers unitl the last minute or never. I just wished I knew the decision early, so we had enough time to adjust our lives/study accordingly.

Members don't see this ad :)
In that case, I guess that I can forget about UIC and move on...

I know anxiety kills.
But dont loose hope guys. Something best is waiting or u.
Good Luck :thumbup: :thumbup:

No body got any acceptance letter or a call..if there were still some seats left atleast 1or 2 might have got calls..was interviewed in august...though i had already lost hope, but jill told to wait till 27 nov...so i had again build some hopes...i m really feeling very depressed...don,t have courage to repeat for next year

I got accepted at UIC for 2007. My good luck and best wishes to all who are waiting to hear from them.Today I got the news,after trying many times to call jill.
Anvi

I got accepted as well.
Be persistent and never give up your dream!
Good luck to all!!

I got accepted as well.
Be persistent and never give up your dream!
Good luck to all!!

hi cattooth,,,hearty congratulations,,,i knew u wuld make it,,coz i saw that spark in you,,congratulations again,,what abt uop,,,did u hear something from them????:thumbup:

Just called Jill,

I got in too!!! :eek: I still can't believe this struggle is finally over!!! I need to see it in writing! I have so much to say but am too overwhelmed right now, will post more later.:laugh:

To those still waiting to hear, do not give up! I called Jill myself and found out, so it seems that they havnt told everyone yet.

Good luck to everyone still waiting!

congrats dibbles,anvi and cattooth for your acceptances!!!!!welcome to the UIC club!!!!

so the UIC list goes:
wisedent
lavender
stelon
aman_g
dibbles
anvi
cattooth
drchai
godbless
opted out(g3k, joy2006)waitlisted(drpatell)
guys keep posting here..............

Congrates anvi, cattooth & Dibbles. Goodluck to all who are waitlisted. proabably they will not sent email or call you for the results.

Hi,
I am accepted to UIC too. But since I am also been accepted in Tufts. I will be going to tufts. I know lot of you are waiting to get in to UIC . I know how difficult it is to go through this waiting process . I will let the people in UIC know at the earliest . So one more person will get in to UIC .
Good luck to all who got in to UIC and for others who are still waiting.
Joy.

I tried calling Jill many times but it was always the voice mail....only resort is to wait patiently...i was thinking the results wud be out on the 27th...i was told that way...whatever....all the best guys..please let us know if anybody hears from UIC.
Hi drchai, i tried to call you. but not reached you. what is your result? let me know. i will pray for you. all the best.

hi guys,
uic fees for 2 yrs in 140k, isnt it a little more as compared to most others schools?

so whoever gets thru to jill on phone, is accepted...??
interesting pattern...

i just cd not get her on phone, tried till 2 pm...

so whoever gets thru to jill on phone, is accepted...??
interesting pattern...

i just cd not get her on phone, tried till 2 pm...

hahaha, yeah actually this is an intersting pattern, i also found out i got accepted when i called jill..........you might wanna try calling her really early in the morning like9,10 or late evening........like 5,i used to call up jill so much before i got accepted that i memorized her phone number and the frequency of calls brought back memories of dating days when i used to call my boyfriend.....actually this is still not beat !!!

bigtime congrats to dibbles, cattooth, anvi, joy and, all those accepted at uic.

congrats to everybody who got selected and best of luck for the dental school...UIC is a great school

Thanks for your kind words Sweetgal. I will pray for you to get into your dream dental school.

hi cattooth,,,hearty congratulations,,,i knew u wuld make it,,coz i saw that spark in you,,congratulations again,,what abt uop,,,did u hear something from them????:thumbup:

Thanks everyone. Congrats to whose raccepted and Good luck to those r still waiting.

Hey guys. congrats to all who are selected. I am on waiting list.

I am sooooo happy today, got the good news, i am in too :D :D :D
wowww i feel so relieved. All the best guys who r waiting, never loose hope..grand day will come.
Stelon, thanks soo much for ur prayers and ur kind wwords. Thanks for ur gr8 help. Will see u soon :)
Good luck to everybody...

HEY DRPATELL,
DID JILL CALL YOU OR U CALLED JILL?

WAS thinking, if jill called you up to inform tht u r waitlisted, probably she called all those accepted also..

Hey guys. congrats to all who are selected. I am on waiting list.

I am sooooo happy today, got the good news, i am in too :D :D :D
wowww i feel so relieved. All the best guys who r waiting, never loose hope..grand day will come.
Stelon, thanks soo much for ur prayers and ur kind wwords. Thanks for ur gr8 help. Will see u soon :)
Good luck to everybody...
Hey Drchai, :)
vow, I am very happy about your acceptance.
Congratulations.
Hip Hip hurray.
will see you soon, need a party.:D :D :D

:thumbup: HI,Wisedent,Lavender,Stelon,Aman_g,dibbles,anvi,cattooth,godbless,Joy2006,and dr.chai.....Congratulations for your acceptance.Obviously you all desrve it.All the best for the course.Its party time friends.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Thank you,god bless,stelon,preetha,ambitious.

$140k is ok when compared to CA schools,isn't it?

$140k is ok when compared to CA schools,isn't it?

BOSTON IS ONLY 115K.........FOR CA SCHOOLS, ONLY UOP IS MORE EXPENSIVE, REST ALL R FINE, UNDER 125K

BOSTON IS ONLY 115K.........FOR CA SCHOOLS, ONLY UOP IS MORE EXPENSIVE, REST ALL R FINE, UNDER 125K

It is true that it is more expensive ,,,,,,,,but it is a great school! Between Bu and UIC is a big difference !!!!!!!!!!!!!(They deserve to be so expensive . ) I am sure that next year they will be at least 85 per year.

Hi Godbless,
How are you doing? I think you have got the wrong information.For the class of 2009 BU cost is 89050(ist year) and 73,888(2nd year). So the total cost for 2 years is $162938.This the exact cost for those who will start in 2007.So i think it is more expensive than UIC.But above all, except NYU the cost of most of the dental scools are more or less similar.

It is true that it is more expensive ,,,,,,,,but it is a great school! Between Bu and UIC is a big difference !!!!!!!!!!!!!(They deserve to be so expensive . ) I am sure that next year they will be at least 85 per year.

hi drabc,
how r u?what are the advantages you think with UIC?and what r the advantages of uic over bu?do u know how long is the duration of the clinical exposure at uic as compared to BU or UPENN??please reply.........

Hi Godbless,
How are you doing? I think you have got the wrong information.For the class of 2009 BU cost is 89050(ist year) and 73,888(2nd year). So the total cost for 2 years is $162938.This the exact cost for those who will start in 2007.So i think it is more expensive than UIC.But above all, except NYU the cost of most of the dental scools are more or less similar.

hi ambitious,
i am doing good, how abt u? r u sure BU was 162 k this yr???? one of my frens already in BU told me she opted for BU as it was 25 k cheaper than tufts and most other schools,i hope what u said is true, we should hav a thread where we can compare all the schools for duration of clinical exp, fees, total duration, patient pool and other criteria...and general ranking in relevance to FTD.

Hi Godbless,

Just so you know UIC's expenses does not include living expenses. UIC's tuition alone is 140,000 while BU's tuition alone is 120,000.

Edit : Yeah most schools tuition and living expenses are around the same. BU is the cheapest followed by Michigan and UIC (the difference being about 20,000 dollars). Tha California schools are all about 200,000, including living expenses (+/-10,000 between Pacific, UCSF and USC... don't know about UCLA ).

Just so you know UIC's expenses does not include living expenses. UIC's tuition alone is 140,000 while BU's tuition alone is 120,000.

Edit : Yeah most schools tuition and living expenses are around the same. BU is the cheapest followed by Michigan and UIC (the difference being about 20,000 dollars). Tha California schools are all about 200,000, including living expenses (+/-10,000 between Pacific, UCSF and USC... don't know about UCLA ).

woow!!! and how abt upenn, tufts, uminn,uthsca, columbia?
any idea abt the program at uic?how many months is preclinical and clinical?patient pool ?

woow!!! and how abt upenn, tufts, uminn,uthsca, columbia?
any idea abt the program at uic?how many months is preclinical and clinical?patient pool ?

Well, when I asked they said 1 year preclinical and 1 year clinical. I thought it isn't much different from Boston University.

Well, when I asked they said 1 year preclinical and 1 year clinical. I thought it isn't much different from Boston University.

yeah
that is not very good..........one yr clinical is too less and one yr preclinical is too much..................

Does any one know if the difference in tuition for in-state residents and out of state residents apply to foreign trained dentists?..i.e advanced standing program?........