Uic acceptance thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gotadoit

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
did anyone get accepted at UIC pls post it here... When do they usually notify?

Members don't see this ad.

Interviewees are getting acceptance! :)

Last edited:
I got acceptance from UIC today. Please tell me how to do banana dance.

Members don't see this ad :)
congrats indiandr,
can you tell us what were your stats and when were u interviewed?

wow...great..!
Big congrats to you...:thumbup:
Sorry..I donno how to do banana dance.
When was your interview?
Could you plz let us know your stats?

i got UIC acceptance on friday 28! i'm so happy .. just joined SDN ..good luck to everyone . and i found how to do banana dance too !!!

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

congrats sweetdent,when was your interview?

Thanks to everyone.
My interview was on 3rd august.
UIC call me on Friday, but I was not able to receive call, as I was on work. Then they call me back on Monday and gave me great news. I receive official letter today in Mail.:love:

Last edited:
Thanks to everyone.
My interview was on 3rd august.
Status. Part-1/2 93/84
Toefl 101
GPA 2.95

UIC call me on Friday, but I was not able to receive call, as I was on work. Then they call me back on Monday and gave me great news. I receive official letter today in Mail.:love:
It took me two minutes to find out that you're full of BS, you've edited most of your previous posts but you forgot that you can't delete quoted messages! you've posted different scores for your boards in your recently posted messages!
Next time try to be more consistent so people would believe your crap!

Last edited:
I noticed in some threads that IndianDr has got 94 in part 1 and 83 in part 2 which is not matching with the above post...

Last edited:
i had a call earlier today but wasnt able to answer my phone, when I looked at number, it was anonymous and the time was based on central standard time. :confused: :scared: i hope this isnt a missed opportunity

I think last year UIC sent out emails for acceptance I read on SDN.BTW IndianDr also posted that he got accepted into Colorado???

Members don't see this ad :)
i got UIC acceptance on friday 28! i'm so happy .. just joined SDN ..good luck to everyone . and i found how to do banana dance too !!!

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

congrats sweet dent on your success

Hi everyone! I also got a call from UIC admissions last friday! Best of luck to all:)
:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

You misunderstood me Fibroblast. I am not posting wrong score.

Last edited:
Congrratulations for acceptances people..please share ur grades and work experience those who got accepted.. so that those who are waiting can know what to expect.. Kindly be co operative

thanx.

All the Best to everyone who is waiting

Last edited:
I also got my acceptance letter today in the mail. :) I am so happy.
Thank you SDN.

congratulations.. pls share ur stats doc mi

congratulations.. pls share ur stats doc mi
NBDE I/II 86/80
Exp: 4 years(home). dental assistant in US(3 years). Currently doing MSD.

NBDE I/II 86/80
Exp: 4 years(home). dental assistant in US(3 years). Currently doing MSD.

Hey,

Congrats on your acceptance.
How did they send the acceptance letter??
Was it a regular mail or e mail?
Thanx and Good luck to you.:thumbup:

Hey,

Congrats on your acceptance.
How did they send the acceptance letter??
Was it a regular mail or e mail?
Thanx and Good luck to you.:thumbup:

Thank you. I received my acceptance letter via regular USPS mail.

Thanks elra,check your postal mail.........i live close to chicago so maybe received early.....btw it was on the 12th

congratulations harvestmoon..WOW hard work paid off... can u pls share ur stats and experience??

So happy for you.Was just wondering what was the time of your interview 'cause i met someone just before mine on 12th of august(10:30) and wanted to know if u r the same person.
Good luck to all who got excepted.

hey guys do u think we still have a chance to get accepted
should we keep up hope ??? or just move on ??? :slap:did they accept the 30 ones already ???
congratulations for all the ones who get accepted

hey guys do u think we still have a chance to get accepted
should we keep up hope ??? or just move on ??? :slap:did they accept the 30 ones already ???
congratulations for all the ones who get accepted

The UIC website states that they interview process lasts until November, sooooo.... DON'T FREAK OUT until December. :)

Zalut!

*ACCEPTED

My post was for harvestmoon.

most people who get acceptance are been interviewed befor agu 11, it means that they are high qualify. so i guess they will start giveing an admission to those who are not so good( without nbde2 or less work experiecne ) at the start of the next week.
they will invite 30 people next year and almost 25 of these will be invited during september. and other five plus reserve list would be at the end of the Nov.
so keep hope. everything would be ok. :xf:

most people who get acceptance are been interviewed befor agu 11, it means that they are high qualify. so i guess they will start giveing an admission to those who are not so good( without nbde2 or less work experiecne ) at the start of the next week.
they will invite 30 people next year and almost 25 of these will be invited during september. and other five plus reserve list would be at the end of the Nov.

Hi Zaichik,
I was interviewed 3rd week of august (after August 11) yet i got my acceptance call last friday (barely 2 weeks after!) and i already received my acceptance letter thru post. I also havent taken NBDE2 yet. They will be admitting 30 students this year too for AY 2010. I also have less work experience here in the US, just 6 months of dental assisting. I guess what im trying to say is that we can't really tell what they are looking for in a student specifically, but they are using a whollistic approach. So dont lose hope!:)

I got accepted today :) Received my letter in post.
Congratulations to everyone who has been accepted. Wishing the rest all the best.. Dont lose hope.

Hi Zaichik,
I was interviewed 3rd week of august (after August 11) yet i got my acceptance call last friday (barely 2 weeks after!) and i already received my acceptance letter thru post. I also havent taken NBDE2 yet. They will be admitting 30 students this year too for AY 2010. I also have less work experience here in the US, just 6 months of dental assisting. I guess what im trying to say is that we can't really tell what they are looking for in a student specifically, but they are using a whollistic approach. So dont lose hope!:)

congras kailaau, you are definetely very smart, that is why you got your admission so fast.
anyway I'm still waiting i I really want to be on this boat too. I just assume that it is like that. because i saw other applicants and there status. but it is not absalutely correct.
congrass again,

Hi..

I was interviewed on Aug 17th...I got my acceptance my postal mail today..Waiting to do my Banana Dance for some time now...
:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana: . I dont think score plays any factor in selection as i have 84 in my part 1..Its the complete package on ur resume...

Wish u all best for those waiting....

Hi..

I was interviewed on Aug 17th...I got my acceptance my postal mail today..Waiting to do my Banana Dance for some time now...
:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana: . I dont think score plays any factor in selection as i have 84 in my part 1..Its the complete package on ur resume...

Wish u all best for those waiting....

congrats to ashley1 and drjughead03

Congratulations ashley1 and drjughead03!
Are you guys Illinois residents?
Do they give more preference to illinois residents?

i Got the letter yesterday by mail ... i still can't believe it until now !:soexcited:

How do you think guys. Interview is playing a great role for admission or not????? If somebody didin't answer to a dental related questions very good , means lost of opportunity?
any IDEA?

Congratulations ashley1 and drjughead03, GOOD LUCK GUYS

I am Texan Resident..

I dont think they give any preference to illinois residents...I am from NY.

how do you think guys, having postdoctoral certefication can help me to gain that admission?
Does anybody else have postgraduation ? just curious

Hey elra, yes my interview was on the 17th, and apparently you need to move to Texas, because I am also a Texas resident.. Good luck.

looks like alot of people are getting accepted already. I hope I'll get a piece of the pie too. sigh. The only post doctoral certificate I have is my radio-safety certificate I got for my dental assisting job before. :oops: I have no work experience as a dentist but worked as a dental assistant for about a year and Im done with both my part 1 and 2, but have a low GPA. I felt I did fine during the interview, perhaps I could have been a little more personable, but it was an interview so what do you expect?..please give me the opportunity to do the banana dance one day! :D

looks like alot of people are getting accepted already. I hope I'll get a piece of the pie too. sigh. The only post doctoral certificate I have is my radio-safety certificate I got for my dental assisting job before. :oops: I have no work experience as a dentist but worked as a dental assistant for about a year and Im done with both my part 1 and 2, but have a low GPA. I felt I did fine during the interview, perhaps I could have been a little more personable, but it was an interview so what do you expect?..please give me the opportunity to do the banana dance one day! :D

i really can't underestand how they are choosing there future students. i spend a lot of time trying figur out this question by studing status of those who was accepted. nothing logical!!!! it seems they pick up your name absalutely blind:D, how ever i want that pice tooooooo
good luck to everybody who is waiting and congrats to who was accepted