Uic acceptance thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi, i got a call from UIC and i chose nov 3 as my interview date.
Did anyone get any calls from UIC???

Members don't see this ad.

hey krishna when did u get the call and whats your stats.....could u pls post it...! and good luck with the interview...!

Members don't see this ad :)
@dentistkrishna
thats really gr8 stats......good luk my friend...!

Hi ppl , UIC called me tday , but i missed the call since i was at wrk , i called back but it went on voice mail , what happens next , i hope they call again !! has this happened to anyone else too ?? i am getting restless now :(

UIC interviews are one day process or they have practicals too /? whats the whole procedure of their interviews ?

cool , thanks , i just emailed her .. i hope she calls

I got the call at 11am today and I will have my interview on 26 of October

Part 1/2 89/81
Toefl 100
GPA 2.96
2years Dentistry work in home country
1 year Dental Assisting US

Hello everyone..i just joined this forum .I graduated from dental school in India in july 2009 and applied right away,NBDE part 1 score:92,gpa :3.65 .,toefl 110/120 .I have applied to 7 schools and got interview calls from 5.
My UIC interview is scheduled for the 30th of october,PLEASE share your experiences with me.I am a fresh graduate and thus dont have much work experience.So if you could just help me out .pllzzzzzzzzzz.:scared:What are my stats for UIC.hows their interview:scared:.plz share
email id :hungover:[email protected]
plzzzzzzzz reply back

hey tooth fairy my interview is scheduled for the 30th october too..plzz can you let me know how is their interview like..dental related..??as in questions regarding dentistry.???or just a very general interview.?

hey desertsriit....this is my first time interviewing also so dont know much about it. =/
but everyone is saying its pretty cool/no stress interview.

Members don't see this ad :)
hi i am a new member, can all those who just got interview call pls tell me when did they apply and what are ur stats? thanks guys and all the best for ur interview

hey krishna ...i got a call too........scheduled the interview for nov 3rd ......how r u preparing? any idea what they might ask?

hi DrZak... i have UOP I.V on 21oct.. so im preparing for that..
theres nothing to do for UIC......thats just a formal interview.
can you tell me your stats?

Guys, I need an advice. I got accepted in UIC, UMD NJ, and LLU. Where to go?

congrats!i think you should look at location,patient pool and cost,look at what program suits your needs the best.

hi,
I got a call today and have scheduled my interview for nov 2.
anyone else interviewing that day?

Last edited:
hi,

any female wants to share hotel accomodation for 3 Nov for Uic interview? plz send pm.
thanks!

I got call from UIC mrs garlia, i miss that call, i dont know for wht she give me call , is it for interview, or somthing else, they never pick their phone whenevr i tried , can any one tell me wht should i do,

I will attend interview on 2nd nov for UIC, although accepted for tufts, but will avail chance, if i got in UIC i will prefer

I will attend interview on 2nd nov for UIC, although accepted for tufts, but will avail chance, if i got in UIC i will prefer

me too 3/5h drive to chicago. but I still think TUFTS and living in BOSTON is an awsom experience. 98% I will go to Tufts. But will go for interview just in case.:luck:

Last edited:
me too 3/5 drive to chicago. but I still think TUFTS and living in BOSTON is an awsom experience. 98% will go to Tufts. But will go for interview just in case.:luck:
Hi MBM, I have the same viewpoint as yours. I have the interview at Uic on 26th October too. See you there. goodluck to you and Balli

I didn't stay silent, I spoke about all the qs; however, I don't know what they want to hear.My last qs in the perio inst. was confusing and after a while I started to see the codes from the inst. and I didn't finish them all. what about you did you do well in the tt plane and crowns ?

even i was interviewed but no mails after that,,so did u call up the colge after u r interview??

i was interviwed in aug n today i got an email tht my application is still being reviewed n tht i can hear nething till jan...urgh the wait...they also said they will b conducting interviews.....
did neone else get this email

hi acrylic,,

even i was interviewd but no mails after that,,did u call up colge after u r interview anytime n did u get a chance to speak to them??

plzz reply

thanks

Hi MBM, I have the same viewpoint as yours. I have the interview at Uic on 26th October too. See you there. goodluck to you and Balli

will meet on 26, wish u luck. I just don't know how to prepare my self for the interview. I :confused:will do my best.

Hey guys,
Please please share your experience and interview information. I do not know how is UIC interview, what kind of dental questions they ask? Please help:confused::confused::confused:

@maria124567

Hi,
I have no idea abou t the interview. all i could understand from speaking with the school is that its a personal interview. thats it. anyone who has already given the iv, pls post ur experience.

maria, where are u located?

hi maria1234567,
can you please share your stats? all the best for your interview.

Hi i got a call for nov 3. is anyone else scheduled for nov 3. i ll be grateful if anyone could tell me what to expect and what kind of an interview is it? anyone.............

Last edited:
hi,
Anyone wants to share hotel accomodation for 3rd NOv for UIC interview, I am an Indian female.Plz let me know.
thanks

hi tamana, kamal85,
can you guys pls share ur stats and the date when u applied to uic? i havent heard anything from them yet am really worried.

Hi nehsmile my stats were 85/109/3.6. I had applied very close to the aug 1 deadline. Where r u from?

Hi tamana where r u from? Are u in india ? I live in california

hi

Did anyone tried calling up colge after interview regarding their status ??

plzz reply

hi kamal85,
thanks a lot for your help. i am from pennsylvania. all the best for your interview.

hi all,

Anyone want to change interview for UIC. Mine is on 3rd Nov, but i want to change it on 2nd Nov due to some important reason.Anyone willing plz send me pm.

Thanks

First, I want to say congrats to all who got accepted in UIC. I have interview in same college on 3rd november and this is going to be my first interview in USA. I would like to know what kind of question they ask. Can any one please feed me with some questions, thank you in advance.

a lot of people r asking how the interview is conducted.. its a very easy interview. a summary of the interview is as follows

there r no set q for UIC interview ..everyone is asked different q .. its very basic clinical questions that they ask .. and everyone is able to ans them .. they will show u some tooth preps and ask u to evaluate ,...some xray and treatment plan for it .. also read a passage and will ask u what u understand from it ??.. some intruments will be given and u just have to match the nos on it .. u dont need to know abt instruments !!!..not even names... so its very easy .. they basically want to make sure u can read write and understand every aspect of english language!

do not worry
good luck for interview

It depends on location and your choice, but once one gets into a dental school, the main aspects you want to consider is following:

1. How is the international program overall? Is there a smooth transition into clinics
2. How is the patient exposure?
3. How well the school prepares the students for Boards (i.e. NERBs)?
4. Last but not least, cost, living area, etc.

I dont know about other schools but here is the info about UIC

1. The international program is very good, there is a smooth transition into clinic (since they take 30 students, there is not a strictly separate international class, but it is not bad)
2. UIC is in downtown chicago, so there is a decent patient pool, there is space in clinics, but for sure there is always competition to get good patients.
3. UIC does an excellent job at preparing for NERBs (I have heard that few dental schools that administered the Endo/Pros Nerb had about 70-75% passing rate, at UIC i believe from initial estimates we have about 85-90% passing rate on the manikin portion of NERBs, this is just my guess not an official number)
4. There are decent apartments but cost of living and school cost are high

Hope this helps

Dentalbug

The interview is really easy...and overall a very pleasant experience . Stress Free!Sweetdent has summarized the interview perfectly ..

So just be yourself...you dont really have to do any preparation for this interview.
All the best. Good luck!

Hi guys, I was wondering where is a good place to stay for UIC interview that is not too expensive =)....anybody going on October 30th?

Hi sweet dent.u just said that they ask simple clinical questions,can u please tell that what qs were u asked ,clinical ones?thanks a lot
a lot of people r asking how the interview is conducted.. its a very easy interview. a summary of the interview is as follows

there r no set q for UIC interview ..everyone is asked different q .. its very basic clinical questions that they ask .. and everyone is able to ans them .. they will show u some tooth preps and ask u to evaluate ,...some xray and treatment plan for it .. also read a passage and will ask u what u understand from it ??.. some intruments will be given and u just have to match the nos on it .. u dont need to know abt instruments !!!..not even names... so its very easy .. they basically want to make sure u can read write and understand every aspect of english language!

do not worry
good luck for interview