-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Uic acceptance thread
Started by gotadoit
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I chose October 30th...anybody else?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
@Dr.Zak
i got call at 1pm and an email at 2.45
my stat: 90,3.25,112
i got call at 1pm and an email at 2.45
my stat: 90,3.25,112
Hi tooth fairy...
congrates......whats your stats??
congrates......whats your stats??
Hi ppl , UIC called me tday , but i missed the call since i was at wrk , i called back but it went on voice mail , what happens next , i hope they call again !! has this happened to anyone else too ?? i am getting restless now 🙁
UIC interviews are one day process or they have practicals too /? whats the whole procedure of their interviews ?
UIC interviews are one day process or they have practicals too /? whats the whole procedure of their interviews ?
you can email braulia and she will call you back.
Hello everyone..i just joined this forum .I graduated from dental school in India in july 2009 and applied right away,NBDE part 1 score:92,gpa :3.65 .,toefl 110/120 .I have applied to 7 schools and got interview calls from 5.
My UIC interview is scheduled for the 30th of october,PLEASE share your experiences with me.I am a fresh graduate and thus dont have much work experience.So if you could just help me out .pllzzzzzzzzzz.
What are my stats for UIC.hows their interview
.plz share
email id
[email protected]
plzzzzzzzz reply back
My UIC interview is scheduled for the 30th of october,PLEASE share your experiences with me.I am a fresh graduate and thus dont have much work experience.So if you could just help me out .pllzzzzzzzzzz.
What are my stats for UIC.hows their interview
.plz shareemail id
plzzzzzzzz reply back
hey tooth fairy my interview is scheduled for the 30th october too..plzz can you let me know how is their interview like..dental related..??as in questions regarding dentistry.???or just a very general interview.?
hey desertsriit....this is my first time interviewing also so dont know much about it. =/
but everyone is saying its pretty cool/no stress interview.
but everyone is saying its pretty cool/no stress interview.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hi DrZak... i have UOP I.V on 21oct.. so im preparing for that..
theres nothing to do for UIC......thats just a formal interview.
can you tell me your stats?
theres nothing to do for UIC......thats just a formal interview.
can you tell me your stats?
Guys, I need an advice. I got accepted in UIC, UMD NJ, and LLU. Where to go?
Guys, I need an advice. I got accepted in UIC, UMD NJ, and LLU. Where to go?
when did you get your acceptance from UIC?
congrats!i think you should look at location,patient pool and cost,look at what program suits your needs the best.Guys, I need an advice. I got accepted in UIC, UMD NJ, and LLU. Where to go?
Guys, I need an advice. I got accepted in UIC, UMD NJ, and LLU. Where to go?
Go to LLU .👍
hi,
I got a call today and have scheduled my interview for nov 2.
anyone else interviewing that day?
I got a call today and have scheduled my interview for nov 2.
anyone else interviewing that day?
Last edited:
I got call from UIC mrs garlia, i miss that call, i dont know for wht she give me call , is it for interview, or somthing else, they never pick their phone whenevr i tried , can any one tell me wht should i do,
I will attend interview on 2nd nov for UIC, although accepted for tufts, but will avail chance, if i got in UIC i will prefer
I live near to chicago, 2 hr drive
I will attend interview on 2nd nov for UIC, although accepted for tufts, but will avail chance, if i got in UIC i will prefer
me too 3/5h drive to chicago. but I still think TUFTS and living in BOSTON is an awsom experience. 98% I will go to Tufts. But will go for interview just in case.

Last edited:
Hi MBM, I have the same viewpoint as yours. I have the interview at Uic on 26th October too. See you there. goodluck to you and Ballime too 3/5 drive to chicago. but I still think TUFTS and living in BOSTON is an awsom experience. 98% will go to Tufts. But will go for interview just in case.![]()
I didn't stay silent, I spoke about all the qs; however, I don't know what they want to hear.My last qs in the perio inst. was confusing and after a while I started to see the codes from the inst. and I didn't finish them all. what about you did you do well in the tt plane and crowns ?
even i was interviewed but no mails after that,,so did u call up the colge after u r interview??
i was interviwed in aug n today i got an email tht my application is still being reviewed n tht i can hear nething till jan...urgh the wait...they also said they will b conducting interviews.....
did neone else get this email
hi acrylic,,
even i was interviewd but no mails after that,,did u call up colge after u r interview anytime n did u get a chance to speak to them??
plzz reply
thanks
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi MBM, I have the same viewpoint as yours. I have the interview at Uic on 26th October too. See you there. goodluck to you and Balli
will meet on 26, wish u luck. I just don't know how to prepare my self for the interview. I 😕will do my best.
hi,
I got a call today and have scheduled my interview for nov 2.
anyone else interviewing that day?
I got a call today and I scheduled my interview for nov 2 as well.
Hey guys,
Please please share your experience and interview information. I do not know how is UIC interview, what kind of dental questions they ask? Please help😕😕😕
Please please share your experience and interview information. I do not know how is UIC interview, what kind of dental questions they ask? Please help😕😕😕
@maria124567
Hi,
I have no idea abou t the interview. all i could understand from speaking with the school is that its a personal interview. thats it. anyone who has already given the iv, pls post ur experience.
maria, where are u located?
Hi,
I have no idea abou t the interview. all i could understand from speaking with the school is that its a personal interview. thats it. anyone who has already given the iv, pls post ur experience.
maria, where are u located?
First, I want to say congrats to all who got accepted in UIC. I have interview in same college on 3rd november and this is going to be my first interview in USA. I would like to know what kind of question they ask. Can any one please feed me with some questions, thank you in advance.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
a lot of people r asking how the interview is conducted.. its a very easy interview. a summary of the interview is as follows
there r no set q for UIC interview ..everyone is asked different q .. its very basic clinical questions that they ask .. and everyone is able to ans them .. they will show u some tooth preps and ask u to evaluate ,...some xray and treatment plan for it .. also read a passage and will ask u what u understand from it ??.. some intruments will be given and u just have to match the nos on it .. u dont need to know abt instruments !!!..not even names... so its very easy .. they basically want to make sure u can read write and understand every aspect of english language!
do not worry
good luck for interview
there r no set q for UIC interview ..everyone is asked different q .. its very basic clinical questions that they ask .. and everyone is able to ans them .. they will show u some tooth preps and ask u to evaluate ,...some xray and treatment plan for it .. also read a passage and will ask u what u understand from it ??.. some intruments will be given and u just have to match the nos on it .. u dont need to know abt instruments !!!..not even names... so its very easy .. they basically want to make sure u can read write and understand every aspect of english language!
do not worry
good luck for interview
Guys, I need an advice. I got accepted in UIC, UMD NJ, and LLU. Where to go?
It depends on location and your choice, but once one gets into a dental school, the main aspects you want to consider is following:
1. How is the international program overall? Is there a smooth transition into clinics
2. How is the patient exposure?
3. How well the school prepares the students for Boards (i.e. NERBs)?
4. Last but not least, cost, living area, etc.
I dont know about other schools but here is the info about UIC
1. The international program is very good, there is a smooth transition into clinic (since they take 30 students, there is not a strictly separate international class, but it is not bad)
2. UIC is in downtown chicago, so there is a decent patient pool, there is space in clinics, but for sure there is always competition to get good patients.
3. UIC does an excellent job at preparing for NERBs (I have heard that few dental schools that administered the Endo/Pros Nerb had about 70-75% passing rate, at UIC i believe from initial estimates we have about 85-90% passing rate on the manikin portion of NERBs, this is just my guess not an official number)
4. There are decent apartments but cost of living and school cost are high
Hope this helps
Dentalbug
Hi guys, I was wondering where is a good place to stay for UIC interview that is not too expensive =)....anybody going on October 30th?
Hi sweet dent.u just said that they ask simple clinical questions,can u please tell that what qs were u asked ,clinical ones?thanks a lot
a lot of people r asking how the interview is conducted.. its a very easy interview. a summary of the interview is as follows
there r no set q for UIC interview ..everyone is asked different q .. its very basic clinical questions that they ask .. and everyone is able to ans them .. they will show u some tooth preps and ask u to evaluate ,...some xray and treatment plan for it .. also read a passage and will ask u what u understand from it ??.. some intruments will be given and u just have to match the nos on it .. u dont need to know abt instruments !!!..not even names... so its very easy .. they basically want to make sure u can read write and understand every aspect of english language!
do not worry
good luck for interview
Similar threads
- Replies
- 13
- Views
- 8K