UIC Acceptance!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi guys,
Iam also accepted in UIC ,Iam currently in India and I wanted to know if I need to get some original teeh from here before I start next year's IDDP program ,seniors please help and tell us what kind of preparation needs to be made.
ThaNKS

hi there,
if by "original teeth" you mean extracted teeth, the answer is YES, collect as many teeth as you can find; they can be with small caries or fillings; you want as straight roots as possible; have upper centrals, canines, bicuspids(with 2 roots, but not only) molars, lower cuspids, bis, molars and few incisors; have more so you can choose;
good luck!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi there,
Thank you so much for the reply. can you tell me how to store these teeth and also if Iam fying from my home country how do I get them,, should I just put them in a cover or can i put them in formalin in the flight.how did all of you store the teeth,Thanks again

Thanks again Starrynight..
kareena, I believe you can store them in reg. water jar, or water+ h2o2, clorhex., bleach, or u can even take'em in a sealed bag...They are just extracted teeth, so dont worry...but I dont recommend at all taking them in formalin on your flight..just stick them in bag in your luggage..

And Starrynight.. how about instruments and typodonts, I know that some schools supplement them included in their fees, and others ask you to buy them on you own, or get yours....So, what happens in UIC??
and the same with computers...so please tell us...
And THANKS for everything man....

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi Kareena,

Congratulation for your acceptance!!
I have sent you a pm few days ago, asking about your interview , when you had interview at UIC and when you got accepted? were you in the waiting list?

I didn't recieve your reply till now. I hope you will reply!

Thanks in advance

hi starrynight
i needed yr advice.i applied to UIC this year and the only communication i received was an application complete email.nothing more.I have tried calling and emailing them several times but havent got any replies.I have never spoken to a person since it is alwasya recorded message and i just have to leave a message. I guess they probably have theior seats full by now, but i do want to know whats going on with my application. Do you have any suggestions as to what i should do or whom i should speak?thanks you.

hey guys.. does anyone know what books we need? is there a list somewhere? and also do we need to get any extra instruments that they won't provide?... thanks! :)

sorry guys,Iamnot in U.S.A right now and dont have regular acess to emais.sorry inshaa,i still did not read ur pm, any waz please check ur pm. yahoo31, my stats are aready posted but again for ur reference. part 1- 88 part2-77,gpa-3.03. hope this helps and gud luc

Dr. Nush,
I have asked those questions about books, instruments, etc.. several times to Braulia, and she didnt get back to me at all !!
I guess we're either on our own in that, or we should just wait for her to send us the reply in one of those long emails (",)
If I knew anything, I'll tell you..

Even I have been waiting to get the list of text books and instruments. I am sure Starrynight or Dentalbug should be able to help us out here on this.
Guys have you all recieved the admissions letter as yet, I guess without the letter we will not be able to create the netid right?

Hey...

Finally my chance for the famous banana dance...here it comes:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

got the loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooongggggggggg awaited letter today.

A big thanks to all the people who helped me during the journey so far...GOD BLESS U ALL and MAY ALL YOUR WISHES ARE GRANTED :love::laugh::xf:

I'm so :soexcited:.See u all in May!!!

:soexcited:Hey guys,finally here comes my ban:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:ana dance. I just got my acceptance letter from UIC .A million thanks to those who helped me in this difficult journey .I pray to the almighty that the way He fulfilled my dreams ,He should fulfill the dreams of everyone here.I am the happiest person:love: today guys.God Bless.

Members don't see this ad :)
CONGRATS !!!!!!!lucky tooth and doc 19, and C U all soon....

Shakti,
Yes, I got my NetID, and you'll have to wait for the admissions letter to use the 9 digit Applicant ID from it...and to be precise, you'll only need it to Activate it but your netID is already assigned to you..(",)

Dental Bug and Starrynight...We are all counting on you now for the books and instruments,,..

hey i i got my acceptance letter too.....THHAAAAAANNNKKKK GOOOOODDDDD.............IT was a looooong awaited moment,,,,,,,finaly got a acceptance latte in mail.....:highfive:
here comes banana dance for all the UIC people
:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:
see you soon guys:boom:

Thanks again Starrynight..
kareena, I believe you can store them in reg. water jar, or water+ h2o2, clorhex., bleach, or u can even take'em in a sealed bag...They are just extracted teeth, so dont worry...but I dont recommend at all taking them in formalin on your flight..just stick them in bag in your luggage..

And Starrynight.. how about instruments and typodonts, I know that some schools supplement them included in their fees, and others ask you to buy them on you own, or get yours....So, what happens in UIC??
and the same with computers...so please tell us...
And THANKS for everything man....

that's a good way to store your teeth, the most important thing is to stay wet, water or whatever..bleach is good too, change the solution from time to time..and collect as many as you can...
you don't need to worry about anything, typodonts, instruments, they'll provide everything for you; about books, each course director has his/her own preference, so wait until you're here and they'll ask..there are going to be just some books you'll actually need..we'll talk more while here..
about comps, they' didn't ask us to have laptops..and we're fine without;)..
see you in May guys and gals

thanks samourai.. hey guys i got a letter first sayin i was accepted to UIC at the beginning of september.. but there is no applicant ID on it so i can't get my NetID.. do u get a different letter (an admissions letter??) later after your marks cards and degree have reached them that has the applicant ID on it? thanks!

sorry about that,

I was saying, the acceptance letter that we all got, comes from the dental school...but the other one (Admissions Letter) that one comes directly from the UIC itself... This is the one they send you your Applicant ID in...
And I guess you are right that they dont send it unless you send them all your paperwork.....

sorry about that,

I was saying, the acceptance letter that we all got, comes from the dental school...but the other one (Admissions Letter) that one comes directly from the UIC itself... This is the one they send you your Applicant ID in...
And I guess you are right that they dont send it unless you send them all your paperwork.....

\Hey
how do they send the admisions letter.is it by email or regular mail?

Thanks

i also have got the acceptance letter few days ago c u all in may insh Allah

Hi........I am married female from India and I am looking for a female to share accomodation in Chicago.Anyone interested please reply.

Hello...

Lets set up a group on Google so that all of us can communicate through that and introduce ourselves.We can also share information about loans and housing.I guess everybody has a gmail account and can log in through that.

What say?

Sounds like a good idea.

Hello...

Lets set up a group on Google so that all of us can communicate through that and introduce ourselves.We can also share information about loans and housing.I guess everybody has a gmail account and can log in through that.

What say?

I have created a group on google...please share ur gmail id or PM me and i will send an invite...

Hi All,

Congrates to all who got their acceptance at UIC. i have a question if anyone has a clue whether all the seats are filled or is there any hope for those who are waiting? I was interviewed in 2nd week of August, but haven,t heard anything from them. its so frustratating!! Any output Please!
Thanks in advance.

hey lookytooth thats really a nice try....

Hi........I am married female from India and I am looking for a female to share accomodation in Chicago.Anyone interested plea.

Iam interested in sharing accomodation.

Hey.....Come on guys!!!!!!!!!!
The man is trying to put us all in a group together.....It is an awsome idea... We can all have our little chit chats together openly and privately if we want to know stuff like those girls trying to share accommodation, books, inst, places for living, anything about each other before we get stuck together for a couple of years.....

I have signed in and all I found was me and myself!!!!!! and that wasn't fun

Hi All,

Congrates to all who got their acceptance at UIC. i have a question if anyone has a clue whether all the seats are filled or is there any hope for those who are waiting? I was interviewed in 2nd week of August, but haven,t heard anything from them. its so frustratating!! Any output Please!
Thanks in advance.

Inshaa,
I know that it is frustrating, and I believe all of us have been there in a certain time, but unfortunately none of us will know this kind of info.... we're just the same as you, we waited till we got our acceptances, some came early in Sep. and others just got it a couple of days ago, so I really want to help you out, but you just have to try to contact the school itself and maybe you'll get lucky in an answer that makes any sense to you ....(",)

Wish you luck buddy:)

Inshaa,
I know that it is frustrating, and I believe all of us have been there in a certain time, but unfortunately none of us will know this kind of info.... we're just the same as you, we waited till we got our acceptances, some came early in Sep. and others just got it a couple of days ago, so I really want to help you out, but you just have to try to contact the school itself and maybe you'll get lucky in an answer that makes any sense to you ....(",)

Wish you luck buddy:)

Thank you sooo much SaMourAi, for your kind words.Appericiate it!!

For all those who are accepted recently....do you guys think you can send the paperwork by mentioned date?

hi looky tooth...they have asked for photocopies directly attested from the registrar...i am working over it too.. ...lets see when will it with me....
they just need 4 year mark sheets and degree correct????do they need anything else....

hey i coundnt find the group...what is the name of the google group so that i can log in as well....its a nice idea...