UIC Acceptance!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
hi ddms
congratulations. i hav a score of 84/78. but i dont hav any experience in u.s.i cant take exam anymore , can u please guide me how can i do research assistant or dental assisstancy. i am in san diego california.
please suggest
i will really appriciate your help

Members don't see this ad.

hi,

what do u guys mean by saying research experience.... i don know anything about it... i do wanna do it... can anyone help me,.... thanks in advance...

My stats

Nbde-1/84
Nbde-2/80
toefl-104
3yrs of dental assistant in california
X-Ray certification california board

Got accepted at UIC i feel great .But also want to say that some schools like UIC look at the overall package not merely the scores.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey,
Any girls looking for roommates? I'm lookin for an apt near the college but I'm not sure yet how much it would cost. PM me if you're interested. :)

does anybody know if UIC is still calling ppl for interviews? or they have filled up all the seats?

Reply will be appreciated!

Hey guys when is the deadline to file FAFSA the college deadline. Did all of you laready submit it

is UIC a school exclusively for GC holders?i read it somewhr...is it true?pls throw some light on this...thnx

Yes! Only GC holders and citizens are eligible to apply.

Can you please tell me what is the FAFSA deadline for the school, Please reply. I tried calling them. they dont lift the phone.

Can you please tell me what is the FAFSA deadline for the school, Please reply. I tried calling them. they dont lift the phone.

I'm not sure if there is a fafsa deadline for the school. You can call federal student aid and they might know.

hey any new activity on uic....are they inviting more people for interview....any new news

Did all of you send the deposit to UIC and has it reached them?

Members don't see this ad :)
Did all of you send the deposit to UIC and has it reached them?
hi..ive sent it..but i was wondering if any one's ceck has got cashed..mine is not yet cashed...how abt the others?

hello gals and guys,
congrats to all those that are accepted at UIC:clap::clap::clap:
one piece of advice; next year you'll receive a list of immunization that has to be done in order to get enrolled at UIC; if you don't have those immun. done, or if you're insurance doesn't cover them, wait until you're a UIC student and have them done at the Medical Center pertaining to UIC...
there's a huge difference in the fees..i paid around $130 for one Hep B shot(one dose) at my current physician office, and i paid only $44 at the UIC Medical Center...believe me..when you have to undergo 4 or 5 immun. there's a HUGE HUGE difference!!!

good luck!
see you next year,;)

Hi starrynight , I want to know that apart from vaccinations , does a student also have to undergo medical examinations like chest x ray for TB or colour blindness or eyesight examinations?

Hi starrynight , I want to know that apart from vaccinations , does a student also have to undergo medical examinations like chest x ray for TB or colour blindness or eyesight examinations?

hi,
they ask for proof of having done MMR, polio, Diphteric, tetanus, Hep B and TB test(if positive because of BCG, you need the Xray too); thats it;)

hi,
they ask for proof of having done MMR, polio, Diphteric, tetanus, Hep B and TB test(if positive because of BCG, you need the Xray too); thats it;)
thanks for the information. good luck.

hi i have been called for interview on nov 14 people who have got acceptance,can u plz share ur interview experience with me

hi i have been called for interview on nov 14 people who have got acceptance,can u plz share ur interview experience with me

Hi asd3,
congrats for the interview call..can you pls tell us what are your scores? this will be helpfull for the students who are waiting for the interview..thanks in advance...

hi my stats r part 1 89 toefl 101 dental assistant exp 4 more than an year

Hello and congrats to all that have been accepted UIC!!

I can say this is one of the best schools and people are amazing, I love it here. It is a lot of hard work, but you have work to get the benefits in life. Please feel free to PM me if you have questions about the school or living arrangements. I will stress that we are very very busy this fall term, so it may take a few days for me to reply.

Good Luck

Dentalbug

hello dentalbug,
one simple question.... is it nice in room 430B:D???!!

guys my deposit check is not cashed yet....
is it the case with all of you or what ??
please reply

Same here. They have not cashed my check yet. I sent it a month ago and confirmed its receival. may be better to call and find out...

well if it is the case for all of us , so they are waiting for the due date for the paper requirements ..
i think not to bother them with the phone call cause we have received acknowledgment :)

well if it is the case for all of us , so they are waiting for the due date for the paper requirements ..
i think not to bother them with the phone call cause we have received acknowledgment :)
Hi DrKooks,
Hope you are doing good. When does school start in UIC.?

hi Is there anybody who recevied interview call from UIC....please share
Thank you

Hey r u sure it's starting on May 18th? They had said april right....

Hi Everyone....
First of all, again Congrats to all accepted candidates!!!!!!

I also got accepted a couple of months ago for IDDP 09, my interview was Aug.11th
My stats are: pt1. and pt2. 82, Toefl 113, gpa 3.97, and only one year experience in home country.....I think I probably will be the youngest of IDDP 09.....Anyways,

for all of you who were asking about the FAFSA, yes it is 2008-2009, but I already did that a long time ago, and I didnt get any response from them or from UIC..(They kinda dont give much help or any info on those kinda stuff, so I beleive we're gonna depend on ourselves in that)... so if anyone knows what should we be expecting later, plz tell me anything...
My check was also received, but not yet cashed till now!!! dont know why, but dont care much.....
I see that most of you already live in US....so, if anyone knows some places near the school to fetch an appartment in...that would be great!!! I probably wont be in the US, till next April, but it is nice to know the area, and get an overview on prices and living expenses stuff...

Congrats again to all of us, GOOD LUCK to all who are waiting....

whats going on in chicago,,,starry and dental bug????
hi rain,
long time didn't talk;)..we're fine, only that last week they changed from AC to Heat and beacuse of the 70 degrees outside, we had around 80 in the school...awfull...some shorts would have been more appropiate than scrubs and gowns and clinics.....right now we have around 40-50 outside, so it's bearable again inside:rolleyes:
how's Mn? take care,

hi rain,
long time didn't talk;)..we're fine, only that last week they changed from AC to Heat and beacuse of the 70 degrees outside, we had around 80 in the school...awfull...some shorts would have been more appropiate than scrubs and gowns and clinics.....right now we have around 40-50 outside, so it's bearable again inside:rolleyes:
how's Mn? take care,

hey,starry,,,
UMN is a very very fantastic school....
All of the PASS students in my class pass the CRDTS typodont board in October..
Say hi to ana maria for me..

take care,,young lady...

yes it is on may 18th thats what they told me in the office.
Thanks a lot beyond d stars :) ... Hey samourai.. u say you will prob be the youngest.. how old are you n which country r u from?

hi..any one who has been admittd to uic...for idp 2009, still have to submit their paperwork to the school?im taking some time to obtain a certified copy of my university certificate from mumbai, india...do they give extra time to submit it?

Hey docsmiley,
why don't you call and talk to Braulia about the delay. She seems very considerate and may be she'll come up with some solution. I have already sent mine.
Good luck

I have sent my paperwork as well but still have nt got the admitted status. Even I am waiting to hear from them.

Hi shakti,
Even I haven't received the admission confirmation. But I did call Braulia and she said that all my documents were fine. Probably the'll wait till the deadline ends and then send in the official letters..not sure.

Dont worry guys, I believe the dead line for the paperwork is extended till mid-December...or at least that was the case in my letter...and as Endi said, Braulia is a bit considerate in this issue..
As for the letters, I just got one today, that I really couldnt get any usefull info out of it except that I am officially accepted and they gave me an Applicant ID Number...

whats going on in chicago,,,starry and dental bug????

Rain

Long time no see, We are just working around the weather :), hot, cold, hot, cold. UIC is amazing, I really like our IDDP class, we are very close together. Other then that midterms, practicals, clinics, etc....

Later

Dentalbug

Rain

Long time no see, We are just working around the weather :), hot, cold, hot, cold. UIC is amazing, I really like our IDDP class, we are very close together. Other then that midterms, practicals, clinics, etc....

Later

Dentalbug

hey,bug,,

it is freezing in minneapolis now...

take care ..

hi
some students had interview yesterday...plz share your experience...

hi everyone,
Anyone applied for Financial Aid received any news???
Is there any paperwork to be done by now???

Thanks guys..

OK.....great, may be no one applied for Financial Aid...or may be there is no news..

How about if there is anyone living in Chicago can help me out and tell me where are decent places to live there....
You can PM me if want !!!

OK.....great, may be no one applied for Financial Aid...or may be there is no news..

How about if there is anyone living in Chicago can help me out and tell me where are decent places to live there....
You can PM me if want !!!

hi there,
don't worry about the financial aid; they'll send sone info at most one mos, maybe latter, before the school starts..everybody is going to be approved, don't worry

Hi guys,
Iam also accepted in UIC ,Iam currently in India and I wanted to know if I need to get some original teeh from here before I start next year's IDDP program ,seniors please help and tell us what kind of preparation needs to be made.
ThaNKS