UIC application/interview for class entering in may 2010

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
hey atwal .. couldnt help noticing ur last name .. im guessing atwal is ur last name ... im one too ... good to see ya arnd btw :p

Members don't see this ad.

Hi Everybody,
What's present situation at UIC?
Does anyone know if late applicants (>Mid July) would be having any scope for the interview call?

My stat:
88/3.4/96

What are my chances?
Please, suggest me with your input!
Thanks in anticipation.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey ppl

I applied on the 16th of july and my application still shows incomplete , all columns are marked received but dental degree is shown as blank , I am wondering why it is like dat cos ive sent all the needed docs , in case i sent the wrong doc for dental degree( cos i had some confusion regarding it ) will they contact me to check that or re send or is it that they are taking their time in updating , its been 3 weeks and my application still shows incomplete -items outstanding , ive been calling but no response .. did anyone have a similar situation my stats are 87/108/ gpa below 3 !!

send them again...i too had the same problem...good to know that you are atwal too

im planning to fax them a copy , is that good enuf ? for some reason ECE status also shows blank , wats d deal wid dat !?

im planning to fax them a copy , is that good enuf ? for some reason ECE status also shows blank , wats d deal wid dat !?

UIC requires that students send originals of scores/evals in the un-opened envelope that you get from ADA, ETS, and ECE. So request ece to send you an original report, then dont open it and send it to uic.

As far as acceptance to UIC, they dont look at scores alone, they look at the whole application and make a justified decision.

Good Luck

Dentalbug

after interview wen do they normally let us know abt their decision or shld v contact the admissions office?

I dont remember when they call, but dont call them, they will let you know once they have a list of accepted students.

good luck

Dentalbug

Last edited:
thanks dentalbug..i appreciate u r response..

hi shibab....can you please share your interview experience

thanks.

hello guys!

people who have already interviewed for UIC, can you kindly give us your experience in terms of what questions they asked, whats the procedure etc etc..

Thank You!

hi, for those of you who have had their interviews at UIC, i would really appreciate your advice/experience at the interview/ any suggestions for others.
thanks.

Members don't see this ad :)
hi shibab....can you please share your interview experience

thanks.

it was an overall good experience..nice people n very friendly..they jus ask basic stuff so dont have to worry ..jus keep u r cool..good luck with u r interview ..so wen is u r interview?

it was an overall good experience..nice people n very friendly..they jus ask basic stuff so dont have to worry ..jus keep u r cool..good luck with u r interview ..so wen is u r interview?

Thanks Shibab....I'm still waiting:xf:

Hi, may I know your stats?
All the best! :thumbup: :xf:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mine is: 88/3.4/96 :luck:
I'm waiting too, do I have any possibility to be considered for the interview call atleast? +pissed+

Anybody has idea if UIC conducting more interviews? :poke:

Last edited:
Hello

UIC usually does interview until they can fit in about 70-80 students (from past that i know of). I dont know if this has changed.

Again, stats are NOT the only things that gets you an interview, this a very fair university and they usually like a well rounded application.

good luck

Dentalbug

Did anyone get their results after the interview,looks like many were interviewed already?

Does anybody know how long it will take for UIC to tell the result of interview?

does anyone have a # that I can call to ask question about why my aplication is being shown as incomplete?!?!?!?! especially application FEE which I KNOW i did not forget!

does anyone have a # that I can call to ask question about why my aplication is being shown as incomplete?!?!?!?! especially application FEE which I KNOW i did not forget!

just look at the website for no and you can call them about anything regarding the application,they will look into it ,yes if application shows incomplete its better to call them and let them know

when does UIC usually start sending acceptance letters???

Anybody knows how many people UIC interviewed this year?

I was interviewed last week and my application status until now is showing "Incomplete items outstanding", so don't rely much on the online status as they don't update it regularly. Don't worry, they will try to contact you if you're missing something in your application..Good luck

thanks firasoblast! How did they contact you? email or phone?

so did anyone else got invited for the interview??

are they even interviewing or they done?

hii Elera and everyone
I am a new memmber here, i got an interview at UIC on last Aug 14 that's mean on the same day like you, but unfortunatly I didn't check SDN untill yesterday. My interview was around 11 o'clock, what about yours? did you hear from them?? I am still waiting. My intreview was questiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiions and I don't know if I gave them what they seek for!!! Pls help and share with me your experience as I didn't see any applicant on that day

so did anyone else got invited for the interview??

are they even interviewing or they done?
hi i don't think they are interviewing any furthur as many people have got acceptance letters too.:(:thumbdown:

hii Elera and everyone
I am a new memmber here, i got an interview at UIC on last Aug 14 that's mean on the same day like you, but unfortunatly I didn't check SDN untill yesterday. My interview was around 11 o'clock, what about yours? did you hear from them?? I am still waiting. My intreview was questiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiions and I don't know if I gave them what they seek for!!! Pls help and share with me your experience as I didn't see any applicant on that day

Hey,

I was also interviewed on the same day as yours at 9'0 clock.
The interview was pretty difficult for me too. was reallyy depressed after that..:scared:
I also didnt hear from them yet..but saw so many acceptances here in sdn...we will wait and let us hope for the best:thumbup:

Interviews are scheduled thru fone and email. Acceptances are via mail/post and phone calls. They said they will be interviewing 100 applicants for the 30 slots available. The interview started first week of august, i was interviewed mid-august. I actually submitted my applications a lil late, july. It's a rolling admission which means they could still be interviewing applicants as we speak, until i guess sept - oct..im not sure about those months though. But they said they will start calling accepted applicants by November. However, they also claimed that acceptance can be as early as september. I was surprised they called me up this early! Bottomline is: Dont lose hope!:xf:

Hii Soriandra,
you asked me about my UIC interview qs. and I answered you inspite the fact that you wrote to me you didn't apply for UIC and I read that you did, any way I don't care I just did that to help other people in SDN and good luck for all:confused: