UIC Rejections Post-Interview?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BeanerMD

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone yet received a rejection from UIC post-interview? I know they have a very high acceptance rate, but come one, they can't take all of us stellar applicants;) ...

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone yet received a rejection from UIC post-interview? I know they have a very high acceptance rate, but come one, they can't take all of us stellar applicants;) ...

Hey-do you have a status change yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
I might be the first one who got post-interview rejection. I think my letter is on the way to CA. The moment of truth is coming soon and I'll let y'all know...

when/where did you interview Cal_girl? Peoria by any chance?

I interviewed in Chicago. I'm just guessing it.. :D I'll post my results once the letter arrives to CA.

why do you think you got rejected, cal girl?

Bcoz i screwed up many answers. and i talked so fast, he didn't understand my answers. :D

good luck Cal_girl, I'm pulling for you! :)

I got my packet on 2/5 ... so i would say... if there's a status change, it's most likely acceptance. :luck:

I interviewed on Jan 10 and my status still says "decision pending". I asked my pre-health advisor if that means I'm rejected and she said (she's on the UIC admissions committee) that they had a meeting on Jan 25 and that most people who interviewed in Jan will be considered at the next meeting which is on Feb 22. It takes about 1-2 weeks for them to mail out letters, update status pages, and so forth, so we should hear by the first or second week of March. Just letting everyone know! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed on Jan 10 and my status still says "decision pending". I asked my pre-health advisor if that means I'm rejected and she said (she's on the UIC admissions committee) that they had a meeting on Jan 25 and that most people who interviewed in Jan will be considered at the next meeting which is on Feb 22. It takes about 1-2 weeks for them to mail out letters, update status pages, and so forth, so we should hear by the first or second week of March. Just letting everyone know! :)

Thats good...i guess thats good news for all us "decision pending" who interviewed in Jan....keep us updated :)

Thank you so much for providing a date. Now I don't have to obsessively check the status page, my email, or my mailbox for the next two weeks straight. Instead, I'll just stock up and start taking three times the recommended number of tums/day on Feb 23:laugh:

Thank you so much for providing a date. Now I don't have to obsessively check the status page, my email, or my mailbox for the next two weeks straight. Instead, I'll just stock up and start taking three times the recommended number of tums/day on Feb 23:laugh:

Haha. Right there with ya. :laugh:

Bump- anyone able to answer or attest to the initial thread question? No status page change yet for this SDNer...and getting more worried by the minute.:scared:

From my experience (been following UIC for a while), there have not been post-interview rejections.

If you aren't being accepted (at least at the particular adcom meeting), I *believe* the status just remains "Decision Pending." I'm of course not 100% sure, but this is what I have observed.

Any UIC M1-M4 or former candidates who can help us with BeanerMD's question???

UIC could not accept us all. Maybe they don't send out any post interview rejections until the end when they know whether they have enough students or not.

Bump- anyone able to answer or attest to the initial thread question? No status page change yet for this SDNer...and getting more worried by the minute.:scared:
bump x2...tried in the other thread...now trying here. any word guys?

From my experience (been following UIC for a while), there have not been post-interview rejections.

If you aren't being accepted (at least at the particular adcom meeting), I *believe* the status just remains "Decision Pending." I'm of course not 100% sure, but this is what I have observed.

I haven't seen a status change, and I've been through two meetings (I think I missed the December meeting by a day). I presume that if I was outright rejected, I would've heard. My hunch is that they're holding me until May. Stinkers.

Do we know the date of the March meeting yet?

I can verify that at our interview day we were told that no one was rejected before May post-interview, so if your status changes to decision made before then its def an acceptance and if not then you will be safe till May at which point it could be an accept, reject, or alternate list.

Interviewed late January.
Evaluated during the 2/22 ADCOM.
Status page changed 2/26.
Received my packet on March 2nd.

I can verify that at our interview day we were told that no one was rejected before May post-interview, so if your status changes to decision made before then its def an acceptance and if not then you will be safe till May at which point it could be an accept, reject, or alternate list.

Thanks for the clarification- not that it bodes well for me personally, but still, thanks.

Aye, and that is consistent with info on threads from previous years.

Good luck everyone, especially you Illinoisians.

2nd that

I got a status page change on May 3rd (I was evaluated at the April meeting). I haven't recieved my letter yet, but is it slightly safe to assume that I'm in? (of course I know that I won't really know until I get my letter, but just curious)