UIC Screening???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jet915

Shi*ter's Rule
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does University of Illinois at Chicago screen??? In my book it says they do but my friend who applied after me got a secondary without having his amcas processed yet. Plus, he said he got the secondary email from them with the heading "Roots." Im scared I accidentally deleted their email so I'm just wondering on anyone's thoughts who applied there.

Jetson

Members don't see this ad.

UIC does screen, but very strong applicants may get secondaries without prescreening.

I guess UIC is screening according to the books. Thats odd because their secondary was one of the first I received. Pretty weird considering I have below 3.5 and below 30 MCAT AND I am out of state, whereas 90% of students at UIC are in state. I have great EC's, could that be the reason for the secondary? Oh well, I cant complain :) Any input is appreciated.

Members don't see this ad :)
Their screen must be very generous. I too am out of state and have a very average MCAT. I submitted their secondary today.

Originally posted by Jet915
Does University of Illinois at Chicago screen??? In my book it says they do but my friend who applied after me got a secondary without having his amcas processed yet. Plus, he said he got the secondary email from them with the heading "Roots." Im scared I accidentally deleted their email so I'm just wondering on anyone's thoughts who applied there.

Jetson

That "root" thing was ridiculous. I marked it for deletion, but at the last moment thought i'd at least see what it was (i get so much junk mail i'm used to just marking and deleting)...lo and behold, it was the secondary...if it's been awhile since you submitted your amcas, just call up the admissions office and ask them