UIC Status Page

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cbd

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Everyone-

There are rumores that the ADCOM was meeting today- so please post here if you are post-interview and see a status page change!

In the past it has changed from "decision pending" to "a final decision has been made"... :thumbup: or :thumbdown:

Please share :D

Opps- starting at 8am tomorrow morning...

Members don't see this ad.

Oh.. i should check it too... but their site is down now..

hmmm- no change yet... i hope that i don't continue to see "decision pending" for another month. then again who knows if the page will actually change!!??!!

Members don't see this ad :)
hmmm- no change yet... i hope that i don't continue to see "decision pending" for another month. then again who knows if the page will actually change!!??!!

No change yet either...

No change for me...at least I'm in good company:oops:

makes me feel better :)

it usually takes them ahwile to update status pages after the meeting. If they met yesterday, I wouldn't expect the status pages to change until this afternoon or sometime on Monday.

I'm certainly not expecting mine to change. I don't think anyone has been accepted out of the "no decision" pile :(

There's morriske- I figured you'd have some UIC comments :)

PLEASE BE POSITIVE!! Now that it's Jan. maybe they'll start accepting the "no decision people"!!

There's morriske- I figured you'd have some UIC comments :)

PLEASE BE POSITIVE!! Now that it's Jan. maybe they'll start accepting the "no decision people"!!

:laugh: :laugh: my husband sometimes refers to me as Debbie Downer. Not sure if you guys are SNL fans...

Not to beat a dead horse...but still "Decision Pending" for me as well.

I'm almost positive that I would, yes.

Between what I perceive as a better school AND the in-state tuition, it's *almost* a no-brainer.

Things could potentially change if I get in to Illinois but cannot go to the Chicago campus, but I'm not sure. I think I would enjoy Peoria--I'd just like to be back in Chicago after doing my ugrad in NC. I really did enjoy the feeling I got at RFU and could see myself happy there as well, but in-state tuition...

When do you get the "decision pending" page? I interviewed earlier in the week and still have the "Interview scheduled for _____. Evaluation not Complete"

Members don't see this ad :)
Mine took about a week or so.

Presumably, as soon as they get the evaluations, they put you in that category. Mine also took about a week and has been there ever since :mad: Here's to hoping for a positive change in status page later today!!

I interviewed at UIC on 1/16. Do you think I will be included as part of their upcoming evaluation? Do you know what is the acceptance rate at UIC?
Thanks.

IL 29%
OOS 6%

333/640 who interviewed were accepted in 2005
(455/572 from IL)

THIS IS WHY IT'S KILLING ME THAT SO MANY STRONG APPLICANTS ARE ON HOLD!!! GRRRR

IL 29%
OOS 6%

333/640 who interviewed were accepted in 2005
(455/572 from IL)
Hmmm... I think the first set of percentages are % of applicants who end up getting accepted, correct?

The second set doesn't read right. They only have 300 in their entering class, so they accepted way more than 300. 333 could be the matriculant number, as I know they over-accepted last year.

The dean mentioned something like 700-800 students interviewing and something like 400-500 acceptances.

Hmmm... I think the first set of percentages are % of applicants who end up getting accepted, correct?

The second set doesn't read right. They only have 300 in their entering class, so they accepted way more than 300. 333 could be the matriculant number, as I know they over-accepted last year.

The dean mentioned something like 700-800 students interviewing and something like 400-500 acceptances.

From US News-UIC accepts slightly over 70% of the people that they interview. The percentage is pretty similar for IS and OOS post interview. I think they are being extra conservative about giving out acceptances this year because they were over-enrolled last year. Most schools have to give out many more acceptances than the number they expect to matriculate (I'm sure you guys know this). Sometimes their matriculation prediction is incorrect-as in UIC last year. This is why very wonderful, qualified applicants like ME are on hold :rolleyes:

I thought they interview a lot of OOS. I'm an OOS and interviewed on 1/11. I think i'll surely be in this batch.
But i didn't do well in that interview.. watever

I was disappointed at my interviews too, but I was hoping with a high acceptance %, we still have a good shot. I am an OOS candidate. Also, do you know when the committee meets to review those who were interviewed on 1/16? Many thanks!!!

I thought they interview a lot of OOS. I'm an OOS and interviewed on 1/11. I think i'll surely be in this batch.
But i didn't do well in that interview.. watever

They interview about 7% of their OOS applicants but once you have an interview you have good chance of being accepted (70% post-interview).

My interview didn't go well either :(

I was disappointed at my interviews too, but I was hoping with a high acceptance %, we still have a good shot. I am an OOS candidate. Also, do you know when the committee meets to review those who were interviewed on 1/16? Many thanks!!!

I'm pretty sure you were reviewed at the January committe meeting. Good Luck :luck:

oops- messed up those #s.
here are the #s from us world- correct this time!

Applied Interviewed Accepted Enrolled
Total: 4,856 828 640 333
In-state: 1,560 572 455 248
Out-of-state: 3,296 256 185 85
Women: 2,366 433 332 160
Minorities: 2,113 338 258 159
International: 0 0 0 0

Acceptance rate: 13.2%

GPA
Average undergraduate GPA: 3.49

sorry

640/828 is the correct overall acceptance rate

#accepted/#interviewed

Morris.. I was interviewed on 1/16 and you said the committee will evaluate my application in January. Do you know the date? January 31? Thanks.

probably yesterday- if not then next month...
they only meet once/month as far as i understand

Do you know the amount of people interviewed over the amount of people who recieved secondaries. I know 33.3 % of applicants recieve secondaries. What percentage of those secondaries recieve interviews?? PLEEEEEEEAAAASSSEEEEE tell me it's a high number! :scared:

i don't know about only 33.3% receiving secondaries- i'm pretty sure that's not correct. i don't think uic screens....

17% of all applicants who submit secondaries get interviews

37% of in-staters are interviewed (or were in 2005)

only 7.7% of OOS applicants receive interviews

all of this from us news based on 2005 #s

Is the upcoming admissions committee meeting scheduled for January 31? I try to figure out how soon I would find out about my status. I cannot stand the waiting. It has been so miserable.

Has anyone's status changed? I thought we'd come to the consensus that the committee met on the 25th, and changes are normally reflected online a day later (aka TODAY). Since mine didn't change, I'm getting a little freaked out:scared: ...but if no one's changed, maybe the committee really does meet next week and I have no reason to be so dang scared. Would that mean the committee didn't meet in the month of January?

maybe the committee really does meet next week and I have no reason to be so dang scared. Would that mean the committee didn't meet in the month of January?
I interviewed at UIC earlier this week and when I asked my interviewer when my application would go before commmittee she said, "Next week, I think". She then said that my app wouldn't be in it, since the apps were already copied and distributed.

She didn't seem positive, but she seemed to think that the meeting was next week.

I interviewed at UIC earlier this week and when I asked my interviewer when my application would go before commmittee she said, "Next week, I think". She then said that my app wouldn't be in it, since the apps were already copied and distributed.

She didn't seem positive, but she seemed to think that the meeting was next week.

What location did you interview at? I know that all applications, regardless of interview location, go through Chicago, but there seems to be some disparity in what interviewers are telling the applicants at different places...thus adding to the confusion that already exists:confused:

Does UIC inform students of acceptance or rejection via email? Thanks.

I thought people received packets in the mail and was under the presumption that no email was sent. Likewise, rejections are letters that come in the mail and no email is sent. I haven't been accepted or rejected, though, so I really can't speak from personal experience (just reading threads).

Anyone hear anything new? My status page still says decision pending....

Mine also says Decision Pending (Interview 1/16)

Still "decision pending"....

I did hear from a few people that we should hear something soon!!!

UGGGG

a few people, as in, a few people in Admissions Office personnel, or as in a few neurotic SDN-ers (not that I'm excluding myself from that batch;) )?

A SDN PM from someone who spoke to Admissions personnel and a UIC faculty member...

I believed the PM :)

I hope I didn't start any hysteria!! I try not to post unless I'm fairly certain of something :) I know they are SLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOWWWWWWW and the decisions might go in the mail before the status changes on-line.....

true, very true....

Thanks- that source seems reliable enough!

make that two SDNers :)

just had another confirmation....

ok- i'll stop now, we can't make it happen any faster!!

GOOD LUCK!

bump

My page still says "decision pending" :p

Maybe I'll get a BIG envelope today... tomorrow... Wed...

well, I just picked up my mail, and no med school mail. It might be time to start bumping that WTF UIC thread again...