UIC Status Page

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
i'm unpopular on that thread!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Dare I ask?

Any changes ro news?

I saw a new post on this thread and it made pretty nervous :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
B/C we're both nuts???

Yup- crazy for sure!!

I just called (w/o giving my info- ha ha) and asked "If a decision has been made on my application at the Jan. meeting- when might I hear something?"

I was given the MOST vauge answer ever! Something like- "It depends on when they meet and if they made a decision".... DUH!!! Then I was told to check my status page. We all know that hasn't changed....

BOOOOOOOOOO

This process has made us all crazy. Since I did not do well on the interview as I would like to, I am hiding. I am not sure I want to see the envelop!

All of you get the hose...getting me all excited by posting. Blah. :eek:

No kidding- I just saw this page bump up to the top and I about peed my pants...which is more problematic because I'm at work and wouldn't be able to go home to change (although if I could, I would, because then I could check my mail:D ).

so no one's page has changed yet (as far as we know)?

I'm not a huge fan of the secrecy at UIC. At the other schools where I have interviewed they have at least told me if the committe has/has not met recently. It's not like we don't know that they have monthly meetings :mad:

let's see....sixth time I've checked my status today, and nope, still decision pending:(

Sorry- I think I've totally lost it!!

I think I'll go bore myself with some experiments and stay away from here for at least 1 hour, 45 min, 30 min......

Sorry- I think I've totally lost it!!

I think I'll go bore myself with some experiments and stay away from here for at least 1 hour, 45 min, 30 min......

umm yeah-I guess I'll go update my lab notebook :hardy:

Members don't see this ad :)
BTW, tomorrow should reflect any changes from their overnight downtime, right? Anyone else excited/nervous as heck to log back on at 8:00 AM?:scared:

BTW, tomorrow should reflect any changes from their overnight downtime, right? Anyone else excited/nervous as heck to log back on at 8:00 AM?:scared:

I think they update in real time. Back in November, I called and was told that were in the process of upating the pages and 2 minutes later people were posting on SDN. It was a sad day for me because mine didn't change :(

so what are the scheduled downtimes for? They can't possibly have that bad or outdated of a system that they have to do software upgrades that frequently?!

so what are the scheduled downtimes for? They can't possibly have that bad or outdated of a system that they have to do software upgrades that frequently?!

who knows-their whole admissions office is a complete mystery to me :confused:

I do know that pages updated on a Monday in November....

don't try to understand- it makes my brain hurt

:mad:

anything? anyone? I'm so on nervous that I'm just constantly on the verge of crying. Normally I'm a very composed, conservative individual...but this application cycle has reduced me to a two-year old little sissy girl :( Darn you UIC!!! (any adcoms reading this from UIC, pay no attention, I truly :love: you).

I'm getting really nervous anticipating UIC's response as well.

Nothing here...

On a side note, it'll be fun to keep bumping this and get people excited--just like yesterday!

I'm getting really nervous anticipating UIC's response as well.

Nothing here...

On a side note, it'll be fun to keep bumping this and get people excited--just like yesterday!

True, fun, but I'll admit that I was one of those getting excited, too;)

Ha ha ha - I was the "excited" victim this time...
Well- more scared than excited since my status is STILL "decision pending"

Maybe today....

Ha ha ha - I was the "excited" victim this time...
Well- more scared than excited since my status is STILL "decision pending"

Maybe today....

Same here.....seeing the thread jump up makes my heart skip a beat....CO'OM UIC..

"decision pending" here

I have a new theory-I don't think they want to change status pages until they have sent out decisions (and expect that people have recieved them). I think people call too often once their page has changed and they don't know what the decision is...this really annoys the admissions staff :laugh:

sounds reasonable....
especially given the reply when i called yesterday (see above)

if they gave a little more information then people wouldn't call!!!

remember back in nov. when the status page didn't change AND we didn't even receive an e-mail about being on hold and then received two in dec???

UGGGGGG UIC

A final decision was made on your application on 01-31-07. Please allow two-weeks to receive the correspondence in the mail. If you do not receive this correspondence in two-weeks, please contact the Admissions Office. No decision will be given over the telephone.

FINALLY- I hope it is good news!!!

A final decision was made on your application on 01-31-07. Please allow two-weeks to receive the correspondence in the mail. If you do not receive this correspondence in two-weeks, please contact the Admissions Office. No decision will be given over the telephone.

hey, anyone else's changed...it seems mine is still stuck on decision pending... :(

I got the same message too... but the only thing is i didn't ace that interview in the way I wanted it to be!! We shall see soon!:cool:

Let the mailbox paranoia begin...my decision is on its way as well.

still stuck on "Decision Pending"...damn you status page

still stuck on "Decision Pending"...damn you status page

I'm still "decision pending" as well.

pbdoc and WCGee-no worries, hopefully we'll be considered at the next meeting...

i just checked my status page and it now says (as of 3:45 pm east coast time)

"A final decision was made on your application on 01-31-07. Please allow two weeks to receive the correspondence in the mail. If you don't receive this correspondence in two weeks, please contact the Admissions Office. No decision will be given over the telephone."

anyone else get this message?

--> freaking out here <--

(interviewed 1/17/07 OOS)

i just checked my status page and it now says (as of 3:45 pm east coast time)

"A final decision was made on your application on 01-31-07. Please allow two weeks to receive the correspondence in the mail. If you don't receive this correspondence in two weeks, please contact the Admissions Office. No decision will be given over the telephone."

anyone else get this message?

--> freaking out here <--

(interviewed 1/17/07 OOS)

SON OF A ...mine says DECISION PENDING:mad: It was my presumption for all you lucky ducks that "a final decision" tends to lead to an acceptance. Do you think there's hope for me that it will switch later on today?:scared:

what time did yours say?

read above- some of us have the same message

i am relieved that something has been decided (interviewed in oct!!!)

oops, sorry, i got a little excited, i didn't even read through the posts before mine... *sheepish*

Is anyone here actually waiting for an interview??? I was complete in mid December and they have told me twice that I would be hearing soon, but I have yet to see a change on my status page....

I've been complete since 8/29. STILL no word on an interview offer. In September, they said I'd hear within 4-6 weeks ... it's now been over 4 months ...

I hope we get a good word soon before all the seats are taken!

SON OF A ...mine says DECISION PENDING:mad: It was my presumption for all you lucky ducks that "a final decision" tends to lead to an acceptance. Do you think there's hope for me that it will switch later on today?:scared:

Have they not been giving out many post-int rejections? I'm just wondering why would be presuming this. I'd LOVE to think that given I have mail on the way, but don't think my interview went well so IDK.

well, I haven't heard of anyone on here to get a post-interview rejection, but it's also after the new year, so the school is probably being more selective. And not to be a total pessimist, but there's always a first (not implying you- rather me). Has anyone been accepted without having their status change?

i interviewed at rockford. i was also a little surprised at how quickly things are moving -- it's either really good or really bad.

Mine also says a final decision was made. I interviewed on the 19th. BTW, I'm pretty sure it's a good thing...

In the past- it seems like most "final decisions" were acceptances... I did read about a few people being offered positions in the post-bac program post-interview, but I think those were very special cases.

UIC has a high rate of acceptance post-interview (overall- that might mean you wait until july!!)- so I tend to think that they don't really reject after an interview unless something really stands out during the interview or in your application after the invite.

I don't know any of this for sure- it's just my sense from watching these UIC forums since Oct. I sure hope that I am right since my decision is on the way....

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!

PS: The turn-around on your applications was probably just pure luck- if you interview at least one week before the ADCOM meeting then you were reviewed this time :)

Has anyone received a rejection from UIC? If no, then maybe there is hope for us without a status change.

Yeah, I interviewed back in Rockford at the beginning of December- with enough time to miss that meeting deadline, and clearly not making an impression enough to have my status change at the January meeting. I'm so bummed right now:( Seriously, does anyone know of anyone rejected post-interview? I don't want to be the first:(

Does any one know the status of the Chicago campus? Is it at capacity?

No clue about Chicago capacity, but it might be worth calling tomorrow to ask. Speaking of that, I've been searching previous threads (to no avail) to figure out an appropriate way to ask if my application was reviewed in the January meeting, and if not, when I can expect to hear from the committee. Can I be that blunt? I was promised my 6-8 weeks darnit, and I'm passed 8 now! Thoughts? Advice?

No clue about Chicago capacity, but it might be worth calling tomorrow to ask. Speaking of that, I've been searching previous threads (to no avail) to figure out an appropriate way to ask if my application was reviewed in the January meeting, and if not, when I can expect to hear from the committee. Can I be that blunt? I was promised my 6-8 weeks darnit, and I'm passed 8 now! Thoughts? Advice?

I would mention that about 6-8 weeks. It seems from my experience and others information on here that the information might be vauge though. I hope you get the information you want.

Just to keep myself sane, I figured I'd ask...

Has anyone else's Final Decision notice now NOT include the date? I just noted it as odd:

A final decision was made on your application on . Please allow two-weeks to receive the correspondence in the mail. If you do not receive this correspondence in two-weeks, please contact the Admissions Office. No decision will be given over the telephone.