UIC Status Page

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
mine changed from "final decision made on 1/31/07" to "final decision made on 2/1/07"

weird.

Members don't see this ad.

I don't think the Chicago site is filled yet... From what I heard UIC has not accepted that many students yet- many are on hold. I've heard numbers from 40-60% filled, BUT remember that many people accept their seat and then decline it later- so spots open up. With that being said, it is already Feb.....

If anyone has more info please share!!

My decision made page also changed from 1/31 to 2/01...I dont think Chicago Campus is full yet, my interview was late Dec. after the December decisions and we were told that getting accepted first committee meeting post interview would allow us to get our first choice. It is true that many people will hold seats and then drop later though

Members don't see this ad :)
I know some people got interview invites at the beggining of last month (Jan) but has anyone recieved one since that time. I would really like to interview there but things are beggining to look bleak

Hey tdd340- have you called UIC?
You look like a good applicant- is it possible that you were overlooked or something?

:scared:

My status page still says "decision pending" I called today though and they said my decision was made and it will be mailed today, and that they are still entering the info to the system. Any one else called?

Yes, I also just called (still shaking- it makes me nervous every time). I got the same response- they are still entering letters into the system, and we should still see some changes reflected tomorrow after the downtime tonight. ALL HOPE IS NOT LOST:)

Somebody, anybody, everybody, please keep your fingers and toes and any other body parts that will cross, crossed for me!!!

so today is the deadline for their secondary applications so they are swamped with status page updates... still they told others over the phone that a decision had been made, but not me :(

I think I might give up on UIC...

so the consensus is that the letters were sent out today then?

Hi All...I tried to log into the status page a few times during the day, and I kept getting an error that said "Your ession has expired. You will be directed back to the Log In page." Has anyone else received this error?

mdapp06

Hi All...I tried to log into the status page a few times during the day, and I kept getting an error that said "Your ession has expired. You will be directed back to the Log In page." Has anyone else received this error?

mdapp06

I just logged in to mine...maybe they are updating yours :)

Ah--I was finally able to log in a minute ago. I had to use the Applicant Status link from the UIC website instead of the one sent via email.

let's hope for some positive status changes tonight!

good luck, everyone! :luck:

mdapp06

bigkurz,
got the same no date thing here. no need to worry. i'd still expect something w/i 2 weeks from the date it changed (1/31).

come on usps, i know u can get that letter here by saturday.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes, I also just called (still shaking- it makes me nervous every time). I got the same response- they are still entering letters into the system, and we should still see some changes reflected tomorrow after the downtime tonight. ALL HOPE IS NOT LOST:)

Somebody, anybody, everybody, please keep your fingers and toes and any other body parts that will cross, crossed for me!!!

Did anyone get a status change today (after the system downtime last night)?

:luck: mdapp06

Nope- mine still says decision pending...hence why I started a new thread trying to look for anyone who has been rejected post-interview. It's not that I don't :love: my SDN neurotic UIC-wannabe buddies here (me included in that batch)...but I figured we're all in the same boat- might as well scan the ocean and see who else is out there that might have a different experience.

me-neurotic?!

Um, I think it's like calling the kettle black....but yes, I think we all tend to be a wee bit neurotic (not without reason though):rolleyes:

The dean said the next admissions committee meeting will be during the 3rd week of Feb. The dean also said the Chicago campus was nearly full as of the January adcom meeting. Also he said they were offering fewer interviews this year as they overshot admissions for the last two years.

Good luck everyone.

The dean said the next admissions committee meeting will be during the 3rd week of Feb. The dean also said the Chicago campus was nearly full as of the January adcom meeting. Also he said they were offering fewer interviews this year as they overshot admissions for the last two years.

Good luck everyone.

What about the post-interview acceptance rate? It seems like they are putting more of us on "hold" this year. I sent them an LOI but I need to be at the Chicago campus (because of husband's work).

He said the post-interview acceptance rate would be higher as fewer interviews would be offered for the same 300 total spots. However, this doesn't mean your chances for the Chicago campus are very good if you are still waiting for acceptance like myself.

Last year's class was 320+ students, which put strain on their lab space and clerkship programs.

He said the post-interview acceptance rate would be higher as fewer interviews would be offered for the same 300 total spots. However, this doesn't mean your chances for the Chicago campus are very good if you are still waiting for acceptance like myself.

Last year's class was 320+ students, which put strain on their lab space and clerkship programs.

This "hold" category sucks. IF I get accepted and get appointed to Rockford/Peoria/Urbana, then I have to appeal. If my appeal does not go through by May 15 then I still can't hold multiple acceptances (even though one of these acceptances would be at a campus where I could not attend). I guess I will worry about this IF it happens. I know a family situation is a pretty strong reason to appeal...

MORRISKE- Man, are we seriously living the same life or what? I absolutely need to be at Chicago (God willing I'm accepted)...I have a house/mortgage already and cannot fathom having to part with my place to pay rent again!

That's super good news though for us that have already had interviews about a higher acceptance rate than in past (historically 79% for instaters post interview)...although, I'm not gonna lie, I'll feel like complete poop if I'm in that 21 (or less)% if rejected post-interview.

Anyone checked their mail today that had a status change on Wednesday? I'm so curious it's killin me!

No mail today for me, and I only live a couple hours away from Chicago. I also need the Chicago campus for fiancee's work, so hopefully its not completely full.

just reading old threads, it looks like if your status page doesn't change, you're rejected. If you get the "a final decision has been made", then you're accepted. I'm a little, okay, supremely prematurely bummed- I haven't heard one way or another, but I know the committee met on my application, letters were sent yesterday, and not having seen a change on my status page online can only lead me to believe one thing.:(

Anyone get accepted without having their status change?

just reading old threads, it looks like if your status page doesn't change, you're rejected. If you get the "a final decision has been made", then you're accepted. I'm a little, okay, supremely prematurely bummed- I haven't heard one way or another, but I know the committee met on my application, letters were sent yesterday, and not having seen a change on my status page online can only lead me to believe one thing.:(

Anyone get accepted without having their status change?

I doubt that you're rejected. If anything, you're in the "no decision" category with me...

Have you heard anything from Rush?

Seriously, they'd send me a letter to tell me "we haven't made a decision yet"? That's just crap. Man, I just realized I went from being a fairly happy-go-lucky, silver lining and smiley/huggy girl to being the f*#k this :)mad: )girl. Wow, what an application cycle will do for one's sense of perspective. And I'm nothing compared to my husband....I might be quite ticked and hurt about how things are going- but he's livid. It's actually kind of cute how much he cares, but I guess in the end, it's not helping me get in, so it's just one more person to let down:(

I haven't heard anything from Rush- I actually just checked my status again and nothing. I'll probably send them an update letter here soon...along with 8 OTHER SCHOOLS I have not heard from. Seriously kids, lets get ourselves together here and provide us with some shread of information, huh?!

My buddy interviewded at Rush late Nov. and he went to their office to see what was going on there being that he had not heard of a decision yet..he interviews well and on top of solid undergrad stats, he is nailing his masters program right now and has managed not to hear from them post interview...they told him he should hear something soon enough and they are just very very very behind now...behind enough that interviews are supposedly going until the end of May and maybe June from what he said. I was complete at Rush in early November and haven't heard anything yet but continue to send update letters etc. to show I am interested...so there is hope guys, Rush is behind and I am sure all of you are at least accomplished enough to receive interviews there being that you received interviews from uic

good luck and try to enjoy the weekend :luck:

and da bears are in the super bowl!!!!

My UIC page has not changed either. I think that either means I was rejected or waitlisted (because they told me over the phone I should get a letter). This is just my feel about it. I really really hope I am wrong. I just wish they can post the answer online, instead of this ongoing misery L. I also need to be in the Chicago campus because of fiancé’s work.

My buddy interviewded at Rush late Nov. and he went to their office to see what was going on there being that he had not heard of a decision yet..he interviews well and on top of solid undergrad stats, he is nailing his masters program right now and has managed not to hear from them post interview...they told him he should hear something soon enough and they are just very very very behind now...behind enough that interviews are supposedly going until the end of May and maybe June from what he said. I was complete at Rush in early November and haven't heard anything yet but continue to send update letters etc. to show I am interested...so there is hope guys, Rush is behind and I am sure all of you are at least accomplished enough to receive interviews there being that you received interviews from uic

good luck and try to enjoy the weekend :luck:

and da bears are in the super bowl!!!!

I was complete at Rush in August :eek: but I'm OOS

IMPORTANT!!!

If your status page still says "decision pending" you'll get an e-mail (maybe- they aren't good at sending those...) saying that you are on hold.

As far as I know they have not sent any post-interview rejections!!

DON'T WORRY SO MUCH YET!!!!!!!

PS: I haven't heard from Rush or Loyola :-(

If your status page still says "decision pending" you'll get an e-mail (maybe- they aren't good at sending those...) saying that you are on hold.
Where are you getting this from?

Some folks who are decision pending are such because their file hasn't been brought up in committee. Regardless, I don't think UIC uses email for any decision announcements.

Where are you getting this from?

Some folks who are decision pending are such because their file hasn't been brought up in committee. Regardless, I don't think UIC uses email for any decision announcements.
I was in that position and you do receive an e-mail saying you are on hold if in fact you are on hold- it's not a decision, it's "continuing review and no decision". (See below) If you went to committee and your status page didn't change then you are on hold. This is how they do it- then send you an e-mail saying that. That's what we were told at our interview and that's what happened to me in Nov. They sent the e-mail again in Dec. Now after the Jan. meeting a decision was made on my application... hopefully positive!

If you weren't reviewed at the meeting- then the "decision pending" message doesn't mean anything- my post was in reference to those of us reviewed at the meeting looking for a status change.

Dear 2007 UIC College of Medicine Applicant:

The Committee on Admissions of the UIC College of Medicine reviewed your application earlier this month. We wish to advise you that no final decision has been reached on your application, but that you are still under consideration.

Please note that the Committee reserves the right to withhold all final decisions until June 1st. You will receive another email later in the year to update you of your status in the process.

We ask that you notify us of mailing address or phone number changes so we may communicate promptly with you.

I was in that position and you do receive an e-mail saying you are on hold if in fact you are on hold- it's not a decision, it's "continuing review and no decision". (See below)
I stand corrected. I was told that no decisions are communicated by email; I thought that would apply to hold's as well. My bad.

Good luck with the decision...

Good luck to you!! Sounds like you'll find out next month? I've had MANY conversations about UIC's crazy ways- I'm becomming an "expert". UGGGG

I'm so tired of this process- this will be my first acceptance if the decision is positive. I'm very optimistic since UIC hasn't given any post-interview rejections as far as SDNers know.... I think they do that later- I hope!

I was in that position and you do receive an e-mail saying you are on hold if in fact you are on hold- it's not a decision, it's "continuing review and no decision". (See below) If you went to committee and your status page didn't change then you are on hold. This is how they do it- then send you an e-mail saying that. That's what we were told at our interview and that's what happened to me in Nov. They sent the e-mail again in Dec. Now after the Jan. meeting a decision was made on my application... hopefully positive!

If you weren't reviewed at the meeting- then the "decision pending" message doesn't mean anything- my post was in reference to those of us reviewed at the meeting looking for a status change.

Dear 2007 UIC College of Medicine Applicant:

The Committee on Admissions of the UIC College of Medicine reviewed your application earlier this month. We wish to advise you that no final decision has been reached on your application, but that you are still under consideration.

Please note that the Committee reserves the right to withhold all final decisions until June 1st. You will receive another email later in the year to update you of your status in the process.

We ask that you notify us of mailing address or phone number changes so we may communicate promptly with you.

Okay, but how about this: I know the committee met and discussed my application post-interview, my decision hasn't changed, AND I haven't received any email. And to boot, I called the office on Thursday, hence the post about "letters are in the mail". SO- any takers? What's your thoughts? Come on, it'll be like a fun (in a weird, geeky, twisted way) game- let's guess if I'm rejected, accepted, on hold, or just lost in the strange process that is the admissions pathway to our dream school:laugh:

I wish you all the best... esp... IL residents who really want to stay in Chicago area. For me, the only reason I'm applying there is bcoz I love the city... But the weather is really cold. And I haven't finished one Psych class yet :( Aside from that, if anyone is really desperate, I can really give up my spot. (If i get admitted and such exchange thing is possible) My truest intention :cool:

Okay, but how about this: I know the committee met and discussed my application post-interview, my decision hasn't changed, AND I haven't received any email. And to boot, I called the office on Thursday, hence the post about "letters are in the mail". SO- any takers? What's your thoughts? Come on, it'll be like a fun (in a weird, geeky, twisted way) game- let's guess if I'm rejected, accepted, on hold, or just lost in the strange process that is the admissions pathway to our dream school:laugh:

I vote hold!!

I received my acceptance packet today after getting the message on 2/1/07. It went to my home address in the Chicago area, so it could take a bit longer for others.

I am really excited about this...and good luck to others.

Congratulations!!! Good job!

Thanks!

Hope to hear other good news on this forum shortly.

Dude, I have been to UIC [undergrad] for the past 4 years, and it's been hell. Commuting; studying all the time; dealing with those damn "gunners;" not to mention the ugly decor and bitchy service.

Still, I applied to UIC; I really am desperate to get into their medical school. I mean, at LEAST give me an interview!! Dude, all the hell you put me through and you just leave me hanging?! Look at all I've done for you: the money, the constant giving!:(

I got my acceptance in the mail today, too. Unfortunately, they've been sending all correspondence to my parent's house in Illinois (I'm at school in Missouri). Does anyone know if I can have my parents send in the site preference card right away, separate from the other forms that I have to fill out and sign? Like most people, I'd like to get my preference card in right away since Chicago is my 1st choice. I'm not sure anyone reading this forum would know for sure, but I figure it can't hurt to ask. Thanks in advance.

I just assumed they all needed to be together. My mom is express mailing my stuff down to NC, and then I'm getting it in ASAP from here.

BIG envelope yesterday :)

I think I'll bring the papers over tomorrow in person....

haha! it's a race to see who can get their card in faster.

Congrats to all with good news....I fear I'm not one of you since I live in Chicago and received nothing in the mail yesterday:(

haha! it's a race to see who can get their card in faster.

:thumbup:

A feel a little silly about it, but I'll feel better walking over there- even though it's only +2 outside with a -20 something windchill........

:eek:

:( :(
So, my status page still says “Decision Pending” but on Thursday, they told me over the phone a decision was made, you will get a letter. Have not got a letter and my status page still the same….. That probably means I am still on “hold” and no letter was sent. This just makes me so mad, I interviewed in the very first group, early October, I have been on “hold” since, I just want to know a Decision, yes or no, but the wait is just killing me. 4 months waiting! L
Has anyone who still has “Decision pending” heard anything or got a letter?