UK acceptance timeline?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Meese

MS I
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just a quick Q for North Americans who have been accepted, in previous years, to programs in the UK (as in thru UCAS):

how early did you hear back from the schools you applied to? I've heard that N.A.s don't usually get a response from the Irish schools until late May or June --- are the English ones any quicker?

If you interviewed, what month did you do it in? Did you do it over here, or did you have to fly to the UK (may be a silly question...)?

Thanks so much for any info.....

Cheers :D

Members don't see this ad.

i think oxford says something about interviews in december. not sure though...

Thanks lola!

Anyone else know about interview/offer times for other schools?

Members don't see this ad :)
Glasgow interview non-school leavers (ie-those with a degree) in March. I got a decision a week later.

Dundee interview in February. I got a decision from them in a few days.

Liverpool interview in March.

Aberdeen interview in November/December and also after Christmas as well. They say the offers are made in March but I was interviewed in early December and got an offer in January.

The international students I met at the interviews all seem to be doing 2-3 interviews in the space of a few days. Most med schools interview over a period of a few months so I think there is quite a bit of flexibility if you want to schedule all of them together.

I've heard some of the London med schools can take months to come to a decision. From what I remember UCAS stipulates that the universities have to accept or reject an applicant before April though.

Hope that helps :)

That helps a lot, thanks!

I've applied to Glasgow, Bristol, Imperial and GKT....it sounds like they may each be working on a unique schedule, but it's still good to have an estimate of when interviews will be set :)

thanks Trinners :D

Meese,

there are heaps of North Americans here at GKT, one is making quite a name for himself by being brave enough to ask questions in the Greenwood (that's our lecture theatre), that's so unbritish of him :) We have a few North American lecturers too (sorry, I can't tell you Canadians apart from you Americans, you all sound the same to me :)).

Re interviews, you will have to fly to the UK.

And what Trinners said is true, UCAS have to tell you in April all final decisions.

You'll quite likely know before April all your offers/rejections... Though perhaps not much before - most med schools seem to interview overseas students in groups, but not all med schools do it necessarily at the same time. The earlier you sent in your appl the earlier they are likely to interview you - but that's not hard and fast ;)

Bristol's nice btw - 1 1/2 hours down the road from Uni, 2 hrs up the road from my home city, but I seem to spend quite a lot of time there! Accommoidation is v expensive though (almost, but not quite, as bad as London)

Good luck with the interviews! :p

Thanks guys! You have all been very helpful!!

:D