UK Vet Schools c/o 2027/2028

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sharpie23

Reaction score
Didn't see threads for Glasgow, RVC, or Edinburgh, so wanted to make a consolidated one to start.

First time applicant to all of these and am very excited! Applied to RVC's 4 year and 5 year programs, with my preference being the 4 year.

Completed the Glasgow supplemental ethical test a couple weeks ago, but haven't heard anything since then, and haven't heard anything from RVC or Edinburgh.

It seems like in previous years announcements for RVC interviews came in late October. I am a little worried about booking a flight so close to the interview date (if I hopefully get one.)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Glasgow sent out information session invites and I think they're trying to kill U.S. applicants with these times. I am not going to be able to absorb any information about your school at 6 in the morning lol.

Members don't see this ad :)
Glasgow sent out information session invites and I think they're trying to kill U.S. applicants with these times. I am not going to be able to absorb any information about your school at 6 in the morning lol.
The Glasgow sessions are at 5-630 pm Uk time which is 12-1:30 pm EST. So if you’re on the west coast it’s 9:00-10:30 am PST I believe.

I also received an invite to the Glasgow info session/future interview a couple days ago! I'm looking forward to it!

The Glasgow sessions are at 5-630 pm Uk time which is 12-1:30 pm EST. So if you’re on the west coast it’s 9:00-10:30 am PST I believe.
Wait, I'm confused. In the email it did say 5-630 pm UK time but when you click the link provided to sign up for a date for an information session, the times are like 11-1pm and 12- 2pm on a couple different days. They emphasized in the email that these are UK times which is why I assumed that they would be early morning times in the U.S.

I applied to RVC, Glasgow, Dublin and Bristol this cycle! I just received my RVC interview invite this morning for the 5-year program. Yay!

I applied to RVC, Glasgow, Dublin and Bristol this cycle! I just received my RVC interview invite this morning for the 5-year program. Yay!
I applied to all the same! Is RVC the only one youve heard back from so far? So far bristol is the only school ive heard from and that was just them inviting me to complete the second portion of their application

I applied to all the same! Is RVC the only one youve heard back from so far? So far bristol is the only school ive heard from and that was just them inviting me to complete the second portion of their application
So far I only got an interview for RVC. I also got the SAQ form from Bristol, I believe they said they usually don’t do interviews and will base everything on your VMCAS, grades and the supplementary form! I haven’t heard anything yet for Glasgow and Dublin other than when they received my application. I’m from Canada btw. These schools aren’t my top choices but I’m happy :)

Reactions: 1 user
So far I only got an interview for RVC. I also got the SAQ form from Bristol, I believe they said they usually don’t do interviews and will base everything on your VMCAS, grades and the supplementary form! I haven’t heard anything yet for Glasgow and Dublin other than when they received my application. I’m from Canada btw. These schools aren’t my top choices but I’m happy :)
Thats so awesome! Congratulations 🎊 I hope to hear from RVC soon lol

Just got an interview invite from RVC for their 4-year program! :D

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys, when was your VMCAS verified? I sent my VMCAS on the very last day and got verified on September 28th and I haven’t heard back yet about interviews 😢 I’m a little stressed out. I applied to RVC and Dublin. Do they send out rolling interviews or should I assume I’ve been rejected?

Hey guys, when was your VMCAS verified? I sent my VMCAS on the very last day and got verified on September 28th and I haven’t heard back yet about interviews 😢 I’m a little stressed out. I applied to RVC and Dublin. Do they send out rolling interviews or should I assume I’ve been rejected?
I would say always assume you’re rejected until you’re accepted. They could send out things later in the months

Received an interview invite for RVC for their 4 year program this morning!

Just got an interview offer from RVC! Part of me wonders if they're basing this on when/where you're having the interview-- I'll be in Fort Worth, for instance!

Has anyone gotten rejected? I'm still waiting but I said I could go to any US location.

Quick question--what specifically do they mean when they ask for evidence of work hours in the portal? Is this the same as the LoR requirement, do I need to get a signed letter, just attach a pay stub...

(The application portal isn't sent out until you get an interview offer, so don't stress y'all--you didn't miss anything)

Just now received an interview invitation for Los Angeles. I think location might determine invitation release?

Quick question--what specifically do they mean when they ask for evidence of work hours in the portal? Is this the same as the LoR requirement, do I need to get a signed letter, just attach a pay stub...

(The application portal isn't sent out until you get an interview offer, so don't stress y'all--you didn't miss anything)
Your LoRs can count, but if you don't have one for both the required number of animal and vet hours, you may need to provide an additional letter. I believe it just needs to be from some supervisor of whatever organization that states how many hours you worked/volunteered somewhere. It will notify you later on the portal if you need to provide an additional letter, it doesn't need to be provided before the interview or anything.

Reactions: 2 users
This is probably a longshot, but is anyone else having issues with an incorrect word limit on Bristol's SAQ essay questions? The deadline is soon and I'm panicking a bit because they're not responding to my email.

I've gotten one for the morning of November 12th!
When did you get a response? I’m still waiting to hear back and I chose the Philadelphia dates 🥲 Their original email says end of October and it’s now the end of October 😅

When did you get a response? I’m still waiting to hear back and I chose the Philadelphia dates 🥲 Their original email says end of October and it’s now the end of October 😅
I got a response for Nov 11 interview date on Oct 21st. For the 5 year program though! Hope that helps

Did anyone get a confirmation email that their SAQ form from Bristol was submitted? I submitted it but I didn't get anything to confirm it. When I refreshed the page, it just went back to the beginning of the form to be submitted again... I'm wondering if it went through properly.

I got a rejection email today from RVC, not too bummed out since it wasn’t my first choice

Did anyone get a confirmation email that their SAQ form from Bristol was submitted? I submitted it but I didn't get anything to confirm it. When I refreshed the page, it just went back to the beginning of the form to be submitted again... I'm wondering if it went through properly.
I didn't get anything either if it makes you feel better.

I just got an LA interview (4yr program)!!! So it looks like they are still sending them out.

Last edited:
I just got an interview for fort worth for the four year program!! I had lost hope seeing as a lot of invites were sent last week, so if you haven't gotten a rejection, keep a look out!!

There are a couple of people that I know that applied to RVC but they don't have any hours in the non-clinical animal experience portion. Do you guys know if they give out conditional offers if they can finish these hours by a certain time frame? Thanks!

There are a couple of people that I know that applied to RVC but they don't have any hours in the non-clinical animal experience portion. Do you guys know if they give out conditional offers if they can finish these hours by a certain time frame? Thanks!
I was offered conditional acceptance to the four year program without any non clinical hours during covid.

I got a rejection email today from RVC, not too bummed out since it wasn’t my first choice
You're honestly not missing much. I would recommend anybody that gets a cheaper or equivalently priced US offer to take that instead.

Sometimes Dublin doesn't even interview, they will just offer admission to a proportion of students that they definitely want.

I was offered conditional acceptance to the four year program without any non clinical hours during covid.

You're honestly not missing much. I would recommend anybody that gets a cheaper or equivalently priced US offer to take that instead.
Would you mind elaborating on this or could I message you privately (about not missing much - it sounds like you aren't a huge fan of RVC but I could be wrong)?

Who else is going to the RVC interview in Fort Worth on November 16th? And if you are going are y'all flying or driving in day of or are you flying in the day before?

I've withdrawn my application, since I received an acceptance inside the US. Here's hoping that someone gets my interview slot soon!

Would you mind elaborating on this or could I message you privately (about not missing much - it sounds like you aren't a huge fan of RVC but I could be wrong)?
I'm not. I wouldn't recommend it unless it's definitely the cheapest option for you. Lots of frustrating things about RVC specifically and about school in the UK system overall. Some North Americans love it but the differences are stark between the mechanics of schools here versus back home. I personally wish I had gone anywhere else but I didn't apply in the states because I figured I would be happy here. You can PM if you want to chat about it.

Bottom line is don't be fooled by the "reputation", go to your cheapest option.

Thank you for the reply. I am originally from Canada, and there is only one school I can attend. Therefore I chose RVC as one of them. I don't really plan on choosing them unless it's my only option as it is pretty expensive compared to other schools.

I have another question. Do you know if they make conditional offers in terms of missing credits? I got an interview for the 5-year program as I am missing organic chemistry. I can take it during the winter semester but they said they could only offer me the 5-year.

Thank you for the reply. I am originally from Canada, and there is only one school I can attend. Therefore I chose RVC as one of them. I don't really plan on choosing them unless it's my only option as it is pretty expensive compared to other schools.

I have another question. Do you know if they make conditional offers in terms of missing credits? I got an interview for the 5-year program as I am missing organic chemistry. I can take it during the winter semester but they said they could only offer me the 5-year.
Yeah if they've offered you an interview it means they're willing to make a conditional offer despite a gap in your application.

The only other reason I would consider going to rvc is if you were offered a seat and were also offered their international student full ride. Obviously free vet school is a no brainer but that kind of goes hand in hand with cheapest option.

Yeah I get the Canadian student quandary, I'm one as well. Let me tell you though it feels pretty horrible to get rejected in province and to only leave yourself the option of RVC and then regret being here the whole time. I should've applied stateside or gone to Dublin or even Glasgow. I spent many weeks in first year just trying to look at transfer options to any school that would take me and none will so once you commit you're stuck here.

Hey everyone!
Has anyone applied to Bristol or UCD? I haven't heard anything from UCD since submitting my application back in september so just curious to know if anyone's heard from them. Also, has anyone else applied to glasgow and has their interview coming up? I'm super nervous and have no clue what to expect.

Hey everyone!
Has anyone applied to Bristol or UCD? I haven't heard anything from UCD since submitting my application back in september so just curious to know if anyone's heard from them. Also, has anyone else applied to glasgow and has their interview coming up? I'm super nervous and have no clue what to expect.
I've interviewed with Glasgow twice and though it is a vet school interview, they are the nicest interviewers you'll ever meet. They make you feel so at ease and it feels more like a conversation than anything else, Glasgow are great. I had always heard from UCD in mid to late December but they've never invited me to interview, just offered admission flat out. Hope that helps somehow.