Ukrainian diploma

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mouse2

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello forum's members!i found this forum and see how many useful information you post here.Thank you!
I need a help or advise.In 2005 I've finished medical college in Ukraine (2 years) and worked with physician.Now live in America and pursue medical career also.I've evaluated my nurse diploma and evaluation company gave me 72 credit hours but doesn't allow to work as a nurse.
University that I attend accept just one kind of evaluation from specific evaluation company.Looks like they transferred some credits but didn't put them in American prerequisites.
My question is may I somehow use my Ukrainian diploma to get bachelor degree in America?I know that to get into medical school you need to have 120 hours of prerequisites,may my 72 hours would be helpful?What useful benefits I can get from Ukrainian nurse diploma here in American university?
Or do I have to start all over?
Thank you,
Mouse2

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello forum's members!i found this forum and see how many useful information you post here.Thank you!
I need a help or advise.In 2005 I've finished medical college in Ukraine (2 years) and worked with physician.Now live in America and pursue medical career also.I've evaluated my nurse diploma and evaluation company gave me 72 credit hours but doesn't allow to work as a nurse.
University that I attend accept just one kind of evaluation from specific evaluation company.Looks like they transferred some credits but didn't put them in American prerequisites.
My question is may I somehow use my Ukrainian diploma to get bachelor degree in America?I know that to get into medical school you need to have 120 hours of prerequisites,may my 72 hours would be helpful?What useful benefits I can get from Ukrainian nurse diploma here in American university?
Thank you,
Mouse2
If your current university has accepted some of your translated credits, then those would apply toward your graduation requirements for that school, but the vast majority of US MD med schools will require you to retake all the medical school prerequisites even if the university gave you credit for them.

If you don't want to start all over again, be aware that DO medical schools do accept foreign transcripts, unlike the primary MD med school application service (AMCAS).

If your current university has accepted some of your translated credits, then those would apply toward your graduation requirements for that school, but the vast majority of US MD med schools will require you to retake all the medical school prerequisites even if the university gave you credit for them.

If you don't want to start all over again, be aware that DO medical schools do accept foreign transcripts, unlike the primary MD med school application service (AMCAS).

Thank you.This week I will try to speak to one professor in md school and will see what she advise me.I've never heard about DO medical school.

Thank you,
Mouse2

The problem you have is that you have 2 years of schoolwork. In America, we have 2 years of general education (Associate's Degree), then 2 years of more specific coursework for the Bachelor's Degree which is the 4 year degree. I know in Europe, colleges dont really do the "General Education" portion of work, but go straight into their major. My spouse was an engineer with 3.5 years of coursework...almost all of it being engineering. We used ECE for evaluation and we were told that she is equivalent to a Junior (year 3). Sadly, the courses don't really convert well since most of her European classes are equivalent to 1.5 credits. Recently, we tried WES and they have deemed her as equivalent to a 4 year American degree. Now all she has to do is take pre-reqs and apply to medical school (so we believe).

For you, it is not clear what "Medical College" means. Are you a nurse? When you tried to use the crediting company, was it for a degree? The reason why I ask is that if you got the equivalent nursing degree, it may transfer to our registered nurse degree (RN). You would have to specifically ask them to translate to that.

In the end, you will most likely have to start over. When you are finishing your American degree, you can use your international credits as electives as they probably wont replace specific classes.

Good luck with all of this, its a pain.