Transcripts required by medical schools in the U.S

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Doe22

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm an undergrad student currently taking my prerequisites at a university. I know that med schools require that you send all your post secondary transcripts, but my question is about high school transcripts and/or diploma. Do they ask for your school to send a copy of your diploma for education verification purposes? I graduated from a high school overseas.

Would like people with a similar experience to answer.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm an undergrad student currently taking my prerequisites at a university. I know that med schools require that you send all your post secondary transcripts, but my question is about high school transcripts and/or diploma. Do they ask for your school to send a copy of your diploma for education verification purposes? I graduated from a high school overseas.
You will be asked for the name and location of your secondary school and the date of graduation, but a HS transcript isn't needed.

Reactions: 1 user
You will be asked for the name and location of your secondary school and the date of graduation, but a HS transcript isn't needed.
Thank you! I have asked this mainly because I thought that if they see a foreign high school on my application they might ask for additional information like my diploma.

Members don't see this ad :)
On a slight tangent, though schools will not require physical copies of your high school transcripts, I have had some secondaries ask for high school GPA or high school ranking, SAT/ACT scores, etc. But I think these are generally pretty optional, so if you can't get those numbers, I wouldn't worry too much!

Reactions: 1 user
On a slight tangent, though schools will not require physical copies of your high school transcripts, I have had some secondaries ask for high school GPA or high school ranking, SAT/ACT scores, etc. But I think these are generally pretty optional, so if you can't get those numbers, I wouldn't worry too much!

Thank you!