Transcripts required by medical schools in the U.S

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Doe22

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm an undergrad student currently taking my prerequisites at a university. I know that med schools require that you send all your post secondary transcripts, but my question is about high school transcripts and/or diploma. Do they ask for your school to send a copy of your diploma for education verification purposes? I graduated from a high school overseas.

Would like people with a similar experience to answer.
 
I'm an undergrad student currently taking my prerequisites at a university. I know that med schools require that you send all your post secondary transcripts, but my question is about high school transcripts and/or diploma. Do they ask for your school to send a copy of your diploma for education verification purposes? I graduated from a high school overseas.
You will be asked for the name and location of your secondary school and the date of graduation, but a HS transcript isn't needed.
 
You will be asked for the name and location of your secondary school and the date of graduation, but a HS transcript isn't needed.
Thank you! I have asked this mainly because I thought that if they see a foreign high school on my application they might ask for additional information like my diploma.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
On a slight tangent, though schools will not require physical copies of your high school transcripts, I have had some secondaries ask for high school GPA or high school ranking, SAT/ACT scores, etc. But I think these are generally pretty optional, so if you can't get those numbers, I wouldn't worry too much!
 
On a slight tangent, though schools will not require physical copies of your high school transcripts, I have had some secondaries ask for high school GPA or high school ranking, SAT/ACT scores, etc. But I think these are generally pretty optional, so if you can't get those numbers, I wouldn't worry too much!

Thank you!