This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I also received an acceptance on Friday after interviewing on Jan 15th. I echo what vdg13 said above.
Congratulations on your acceptance!! Do you mind sharing how long the interview process was?

Members don't see this ad.

For everyone who already interviewed, do they say how much the interview weighs on your app and their decision?

Members don't see this ad :)
How long on average did it take to hear back with a decision after your interviews? I interviewed 1/29 and haven’t heard back yet.

To respond to bnq, they don't say that it weighs a lot but I feel like the interview is the solidifying factor in whether they want to accept you. If they sent you an interview it's because they are considering accepting you.

Reactions: 1 user
How long on average did it take to hear back with a decision after your interviews? I interviewed 1/29 and haven’t heard back yet.
I heard the Friday after my interview so a week.

If it helps, I too, interviewed on the same day and have yet to hear back

Just wanted to comment on this thread again to keep track of when people start hearing results from the recent admissions session (2/12). As of today, there's 47 students in the Facebook group, so still room for few more students! Good luck everyone!

I didn’t apply to UF but it looks like they’re still taking people which should draw from UM

Hellloooooo everyone!

I got into Miami yesterday! I interviewed all the way back in October! there is still hope for you all!

Reactions: 3 users
Hellloooooo everyone!

I got into Miami yesterday! I interviewed all the way back in October! there is still hope for you all!
Things could change but as of now 2/18, there is 49 ppl on the facebook group. 2 ppl are a part of admissions and 48 (including me) are students. There is still room!

Things could change but as of now 2/18, there is 49 ppl on the facebook group. 2 ppl are a part of admissions and 48 (including me) are students. There is still room!
Thanks for the update! Is the amount of people on the FB group a direct reflection of how many seats are sill available? I am still waiting for a decision and I believe only 60 get accepted. So its scary to hear only 12 spots left. I am freaking out lol

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the update! Is the amount of people on the FB group a direct reflection of how many seats are sill available? I am still waiting for a decision and I believe only 60 get accepted. So its scary to hear only 12 spots left. I am freaking out lol
Since most programs don't start till May, I feel like there is going to be a lot of movement in March - April. Good luck!

Do you know if the people in the facebook group are all fully committed to going to UM or does it include people that might end up going to another program?

Do you know if the people in the facebook group are all fully committed to going to UM or does it include people that might end up going to another program?
Currently there is 54 members. But 2 are admins and some are 1st years. If I were to guesstimate there are like 45 - 49 are students.

Reactions: 1 users
Just got an email that I’m placed on the alternate list. Anyone know if we can contact about waitlist number ?

Just got an email that I’m placed on the alternate list. Anyone know if we can contact about waitlist number ?
I’m curious to know as well. I just received that email myself. I will share if I find out anything

I also received the email about being placed on the alternate list. Would be super interesting to know how may are on the alternate list and my position

I reached out to Greg and he said they're unable to share info on how the rank the Alternate List. Good luck to everyone!

Anyone have an idea of how many people are on the waitlist? Or how deep they will go in to it?

Last edited:
Anyone have an idea of how many people are on the waitlist? Or how deep they will go in to it?
I don’t have an answer to that question but I’m also wondering the same thing. If anyone finds out I would love to know!

So I got a call today from Greg saying I was accidentally put on the waitlist and I got in!

So I got a call today from Greg saying I was accidentally put on the waitlist and I got in!
That’s amazing! Congrats!
Call them back and tell them it was a mistake for me as well! Lol

Reactions: 2 users
So, I'm in the process of deciding between schools. Is there a specific reason why you guys like UM? I wanted to go there but am having a hard time justifying the price.

So, I'm in the process of deciding between schools. Is there a specific reason why you guys like UM? I wanted to go there but am having a hard time justifying the price.
For me — I am looking to become more pro athlete and performance enhancement based so more towards sports medicine and UM is a big name in sports with an exceptional sports med/PT staff. I also live in Miami already and know people in the program that spoke about it and made me very excited to be apart of the school. I love the fact they let us work with human cadavers and the class sizes are pretty small. Amongst a bunch of other things that make the school amazing.

I’m on the same page as kc94! I’m really interested in Dr. Gailey’s research on advanced rehab therapy as well. I also know people in the program and talking to them about it made me want to go to UM even more. Simply said, I love everything about the school and would be so excited to go. It is a daunting financial commitment though! There are lots of great schools so I don’t think there’s a right or wrong decision for whatever you decide!

For me — I am looking to become more pro athlete and performance enhancement based so more towards sports medicine and UM is a big name in sports with an exceptional sports med/PT staff. I also live in Miami already and know people in the program that spoke about it and made me very excited to be apart of the school. I love the fact they let us work with human cadavers and the class sizes are pretty small. Amongst a bunch of other things that make the school amazing.
I will add that if you’re accepted into multiple schools and you’re not sure about UM. Choose the other one to help us out a bit trying to get into UM lol 😅 but all up to you

Do we have to send them a response to “accept” our spot on the waitlist? Cuz the email said send them a response if you are not interested in being on the waitlist but nothing about accepting it

Do we have to send them a response to “accept” our spot on the waitlist? Cuz the email said send them a response if you are not interested in being on the waitlist but nothing about accepting it
i replied saying i would accept being in the alternate list and will wait for the upcoming summer term in May

Last edited:
Hey guys there are 58 members in the group. 2 admins and I’d say between 3-5 1st year students. There are definitely still spots I believe. I will say every student in the group has paid the $1000 deposit which is a lot so those who have confirmed are probably likely to stay, but still everyone has a good chance!

Reactions: 3 users
Any updates on waitlist movement? I know it hasn't quite been two weeks since they sent out decisions but Im just sooo anxious :/

Hello everyone!
If anyone has any updates on the Facebook group please respond.
I am also curious to know if any of the people that were waitlisted have heard back yet?

Hello everyone!
If anyone has any updates on the Facebook group please respond.
I am also curious to know if any of the people that were waitlisted have heard back yet?
I emailed Greg last week and he said they are still trying to fill the class however I'm pretty sure the FB group has like 72 people in it and is pretty much full now. And unfortunately he still won't reveal waitlist numbers saying that it's still changing and moving around :/ ugh

I emailed Greg last week and he said they are still trying to fill the class however I'm pretty sure the FB group has like 72 people in it and is pretty much full now. And unfortunately he still won't reveal waitlist numbers saying that it's still changing and moving around :/ ugh
I noticed the facebook page has about 74 people now. The class is only about 65 right? Or at least around there? I know there’s probably no way of knowing but did he make it seem like it was filled up already?

I noticed the facebook page has about 74 people now. The class is only about 65 right? Or at least around there? I know there’s probably no way of knowing but did he make it seem like it was filled up already?
direct quote: “we’re still trying to fill our incoming class” is what he said. But this was on March 24th so it could be filled by now since that was almost 2 weeks ago :/

Hey guys. A lot of the new adds are 1st year students looking for roommates or other stuff. I wouldn’t give up hope until you get an email saying the waitlist is closed. Right now everyone is busy doing orientation, and pre program requirements. With that said, I do not specifically know how many people will be in the class, or how many in the group are actual incoming first years, we got railed with a billion things to do before the program starts in May so I’ve not really checked.

Hey guys. A lot of the new adds are 1st year students looking for roommates or other stuff. I wouldn’t give up hope until you get an email saying the waitlist is closed. Right now everyone is busy doing orientation, and pre program requirements. With that said, I do not specifically know how many people will be in the class, or how many in the group are actual incoming first years, we got railed with a billion things to do before the program starts in May so I’ve not really checked.
thanks for the update! If you get any new info on how many are already in the class, would u let us know?

Happy Friday everyone!
Today is May 7th so there’s just over a week left before classes start. Wishing the best of luck to those that have been admitted and ones still waiting to hear back like myself. This anxiety filled wait is almost over.
Take care everyone!

Emailed Gregg and he said class is full and waitlist is basically closed. Only way someone might get in is if someone drops out last minute/first week or the program (which is pretty unlikely)

Emailed Gregg and he said class is full and waitlist is basically closed. Only way someone might get in is if someone drops out last minute/first week or the program (which is pretty unlikely)
Thank you for sharing!
Not giving up hope just yet maybe some changes will occur. Fingers crossed!

*posted while holding back tears*

Hi! I was wondering if anyone here is applying this upcoming cycle or if there is already a forum created? Thanks!