UMDNJ help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

turtle1

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Their secondary essay wants us to talk about weaknesses associated with our preparation with medical school. I have NO idea what they would want us to talk about. Anyone have any suggestions??

I think there was a post on this before, but the replies werent clear

any help would be greatly appreciated

Members don't see this ad.

I suggest you bring up any weaknesses that you can perceive in your application and try to turn them into strengths.

For instance, in my app, I mentioned my poor performance early on as an undergraduate, but went on to describe how I had developed discipline that resulted in my turnaround. I also mentioned that I had a lack of firsthand medical experience at one point, so that prompted me to volunteer in the ER. It must have worked, because I got an interview two weeks ago.

Good luck!

Western COMP asked me a similar question during the interview. Whatever you tell them, I suggest give an example of what you have, or will be doing to make up for it. You have an advantage because you can think about this one...make it a good response. I also stated my low 1st year GPA, but pointed out my continual improvement as my courses got harder and more interesting. Good luck