1. SDN Mobile is now free on iTunes and on the Google Play Store. Enjoy!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

UMDNJ help

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by turtle1, Oct 14, 2002.

1. turtle1

turtle1 New Member

Their secondary essay wants us to talk about weaknesses associated with our preparation with medical school. I have NO idea what they would want us to talk about. Anyone have any suggestions??

I think there was a post on this before, but the replies werent clear

any help would be greatly appreciated

2. allan120

allan120 Member
    10+ Year Member

I suggest you bring up any weaknesses that you can perceive in your application and try to turn them into strengths.

For instance, in my app, I mentioned my poor performance early on as an undergraduate, but went on to describe how I had developed discipline that resulted in my turnaround. I also mentioned that I had a lack of firsthand medical experience at one point, so that prompted me to volunteer in the ER. It must have worked, because I got an interview two weeks ago.

Good luck!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. SoCal

SoCal Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Western COMP asked me a similar question during the interview. Whatever you tell them, I suggest give an example of what you have, or will be doing to make up for it. You have an advantage because you can think about this one...make it a good response. I also stated my low 1st year GPA, but pointed out my continual improvement as my courses got harder and more interesting. Good luck

4. OP
    OP
    turtle1

turtle1 New Member