UMichigan, no more invites

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hmm...

I yam what I yam
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i just called to check my status and they said that the last interview invites went out on last Friday. :( Just wanted to let ppl know.

This and something else means that I am not going to Michigan.

Members don't see this ad.

Did they go out email or surface mail?

not sure, i didn't dare to inquire further.

Members don't see this ad :)
They only offered 5 more invites, and 2 of them were a couple... so your odds are not good...

This one really hurts more than any of my other rejections. I guess there's always next year...

so I guess the fact that my status has not changed since September 19 is a bad thing. LOL, looks like I'm not going to Michigan. Haha

This one really hurts more than any of my other rejections. I guess there's always next year...

If it makes you feel any better - its like 15 below zero in MI right now (w/ wind chill). The schools around here havent been open for two days now because of the "deep freeze"!

If you happen to live in MI, at least the sun has been shining a little :)

If it makes you feel any better - its like 15 below zero in MI right now (w/ wind chill). The schools around here havent been open for two days now because of the "deep freeze"!

If you happen to live in MI, at least the sun has been shining a little :)

off topic:

Have any of the big universities been closed this week besides Grand Valley and Western? My school's as big as a postage stamp with no commuters, so no luck for me. I nearly trashed my car on saturday trying to get home on I-94.

....I was half of the couple

Five? I really doubt that -- I have two friends who got them.

I also think it's hilarious that schools are closing around here. Weaklings. I was playing hockey outside last night... nice, brisk weather. All the Canadians are laughing at us.

Members don't see this ad :)
Ann Arbor is a *****
No she's not, she's just overweight and not very attractive.

Anyway, U of M doesn't close because there were some lawsuit a few years back when they cancelled class and students sued for lost daily tuition dollars. Grrr.

No she's not, she's just overweight and not very attractive.

Anyway, U of M doesn't close because there some lawsuit a few years back they cancelled class and students sued for lost daily tuition dollars. Grrr.

they closed after the 9/11 attacks... that would've been interesting if someone tried to sue them then

....that is the only day they have closed....since the lawsuit...

Well, you are right about the physical description....she dosn't get along to well with usat ND

Well, you are right about the physical description....she dosn't get along to well with usat ND

cause Notre Dame is a prude that lies about all the dudes she's been with

dang this sucks

Five? I really doubt that -- I have two friends who got them.

I also think it's hilarious that schools are closing around here. Weaklings. I was playing hockey outside last night... nice, brisk weather. All the Canadians are laughing at us.

http://www.med.umich.edu/medschool/admissions/

Remaining: 0
and yes, it did say 5 remaining interviews to be handed out even a couple of weeks ago before it changed to 0

I got to Central Michigan U. We didn't close and walking around campus all day was almost unbearable.

Anyway, U of M doesn't close because there were some lawsuit a few years back when they cancelled class and students sued for lost daily tuition dollars. Grrr.
That is an urban legend. U of M doesn't cancel classes only because the administration doesn't want to unless they have to -- not because of a lawsuit.

That is an urban legend. U of M doesn't cancel classes only because the administration doesn't want to unless they have to -- not because of a lawsuit.

Yeah, I just learned that it was a rumor today. I wonder who started it.

OU here. Yes. Living in Michigan in January-February sucks. Although it wasn't that cold last year.

well the irony for me is that my school had a 6 week xmas break to save on heating bills. It was 50 all break, and no in our 3rd week of school my house is being heated via fireplace.

well the irony for me is that my school had a 6 week xmas break to save on heating bills. It was 50 all break, and no in our 3rd week of school my house is being heated via fireplace.

that's penny-pinching at it's finest...

that's penny-pinching at it's finest...

yeah, the mismanagement here with the budget and other things has been amazing. Too late for me that we're getting a new president next year.