• Advice You're Thankful for Contest

Now that it's getting close to Thanksgiving, we're running a contest to hear advice you've received that you're most thankful for! This can be any type of advice and the advice with the most reactions will win!

JOIN CONTEST

UMichigan, no more invites

hmm...

I yam what I yam
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 27, 2004
    i just called to check my status and they said that the last interview invites went out on last Friday. :( Just wanted to let ppl know.

This and something else means that I am not going to Michigan.

About the Ads

bet22

10+ Year Member
    Jun 30, 2006
    1. Pre-Medical
      This one really hurts more than any of my other rejections. I guess there's always next year...

If it makes you feel any better - its like 15 below zero in MI right now (w/ wind chill). The schools around here havent been open for two days now because of the "deep freeze"!

If you happen to live in MI, at least the sun has been shining a little :)

maestro1625

10+ Year Member
      Jan 22, 2006
      1. Medical Student
        If it makes you feel any better - its like 15 below zero in MI right now (w/ wind chill). The schools around here havent been open for two days now because of the "deep freeze"!

If you happen to live in MI, at least the sun has been shining a little :)

off topic:

Have any of the big universities been closed this week besides Grand Valley and Western? My school's as big as a postage stamp with no commuters, so no luck for me. I nearly trashed my car on saturday trying to get home on I-94.

_ian

10+ Year Member
        5+ Year Member
        Jun 26, 2005
          Five? I really doubt that -- I have two friends who got them.

I also think it's hilarious that schools are closing around here. Weaklings. I was playing hockey outside last night... nice, brisk weather. All the Canadians are laughing at us.

About the Ads

UMP

Recovered Under-Achiever
          10+ Year Member
          7+ Year Member
          Aug 27, 2004
          1. Medical Student
            No she's not, she's just overweight and not very attractive.

Anyway, U of M doesn't close because there some lawsuit a few years back they cancelled class and students sued for lost daily tuition dollars. Grrr.

they closed after the 9/11 attacks... that would've been interesting if someone tried to sue them then

willclock

10+ Year Member
            Dec 12, 2006
              Five? I really doubt that -- I have two friends who got them.

I also think it's hilarious that schools are closing around here. Weaklings. I was playing hockey outside last night... nice, brisk weather. All the Canadians are laughing at us.

http://www.med.umich.edu/medschool/admissions/

Remaining: 0
              and yes, it did say 5 remaining interviews to be handed out even a couple of weeks ago before it changed to 0

_ian

10+ Year Member
              5+ Year Member
              Jun 26, 2005
                Anyway, U of M doesn't close because there were some lawsuit a few years back when they cancelled class and students sued for lost daily tuition dollars. Grrr.
                That is an urban legend. U of M doesn't cancel classes only because the administration doesn't want to unless they have to -- not because of a lawsuit.

About the Ads
                This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
                2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
                5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
                6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                7. This thread is locked.