UMKC Class of 2025 Interview/Acceptance Thread

What are people wearing for 2nd day look day to tour the school?
If people are wondering... Some people wore suits and some jeans. So it is up to you!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Do UMKC students get the first summer between 1st and 2nd years off?

Members don't see this ad :)
Do UMKC students get the first summer between 1st and 2nd years off?

No. The current D1 class will be the first class to be enrolled during the summer after their D1 year. This decision was made prior to covid and was announced during interviews last year. It is being implemented to take some of the course weight off of students during the D2 year which is known to be one of the hardest!

Reactions: 1 users
No. The current D1 class will be the first class to be enrolled during the summer after their D1 year. This decision was made prior to covid and was announced during interviews last year. It is being implemented to take some of the course weight off of students during the D2 year which is known to be one of the hardest!

Thank you for sharing that info with me!

That's interesting to hear. For those out there doing HPSP/HSCP, I guess you have either before school or after graduation to do your ODS training now. For all others waiting, I have been there and December 1st (if that is still the day they call) is a great day and/or humbling. Hang in there and good things come to those that persevere. KC is such a kick butt city to live in and I miss it dearly. If you have any questions feel free to PM me, I was a class officer, involved with admissions (as much as a student officer could be), did the military route, and now specializing. Please keep in mind that it has been a minute since I attended the school so specific COVID interview questions I probably don't know and my be better directed to someone currently there.

Last edited:
Thank you for sharing that info with me!

D1 here. Although we don't get our summer completely off, we will only be taking 2 courses, online, and for a duration of like 8 weeks (most of June and July). Most of us are actually looking forward to it I think, bc it should lighten the load of D2 year substantially!

D1 here. Although we don't get our summer completely off, we will only be taking 2 courses, online, and for a duration of like 8 weeks (most of June and July). Most of us are actually looking forward to it I think, bc it should lighten the load of D2 year substantially!

That makes sense! Do you think they will make it available to do online every year or will it only be this coming year due to covid?

That makes sense! Do you think they will make it available to do online every year or will it only be this coming year due to covid?
They said they planned for it to be online even before COVID, so it is designed to be online every year but things could always change, of course!

Received a call at 8:30 this morning with an acceptance!

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know when invites will start going out to the people who were reserved for January interviews and roughly how many they send every year? They said interviews would take place mid-January and we would know our status by the end of January, so I was hoping they would send invites before Christmas so we would have plenty of time to fill out the supplemental app and get it back to them.

Does anyone know when invites will start going out to the people who were reserved for January interviews and roughly how many they send every year? They said interviews would take place mid-January and we would know our status by the end of January, so I was hoping they would send invites before Christmas so we would have plenty of time to fill out the supplemental app and get it back to them.
I am wondering the same thing. I am reserved for January interviews too but I would love to know how many people they are interviewing and how many they accept from those interviews. In the email it said to send updates and fall grades by January 4th so I am wondering if they are going to wait until then to send out interviews for January.

I am wondering the same thing. I am reserved for January interviews too but I would love to know how many people they are interviewing and how many they accept from those interviews. In the email it said to send updates and fall grades by January 4th so I am wondering if they are going to wait until then to send out interviews for January.

Yeah that’s what I’m wondering too! Seems like in past years they would send out second round invites mid-December. Obviously decision day was mid-December this year so I’m trying to figure out if they are going to send them out early this week before Christmas or if I’ll be in agony until after the new year haha

Anybody know what our scrub color is going to be?

Anyone who had their interview today want to share their experience?!

And/or does anyone know how many available spots are left for the 2025 class?

Hey y’all! I’ve created a GroupMe for the incoming class of 2025! Feel free to join if you want 🤞🏾🦷🥼

You're invited to my new group 'UMKC D’25 🦷🥼' on GroupMe. Click here to join: GroupMe

Anyone who had their interview today want to share their experience?!
You’ll have 2 interviews on interview day with faculty. And they are literally so low-stess and chill. It’s honestly a conversation. And my interviewers asked questions tailored to my personal statement, so they definitely read them! Good luck 🤞🏾

You’ll have 2 interviews on interview day with faculty. And they are literally so low-stess and chill. It’s honestly a conversation. And my interviewers asked questions tailored to my personal statement, so they definitely read them! Good luck 🤞🏾

Awesome, thank you!! Do you have any idea how many available spots there are left in the class? UMKC is my top choice and I’m dying to know what my chances are. 😭

Anyone know when the second round of acceptances are going out?

Anyone know when the second round of acceptances are going out?

Their e-mail said decisions would be made at the end of January so I’m hoping by the end of this week! But maybe there is someone on here with a more specific answer. Did you have a January interview?

Their e-mail said decisions would be made at the end of January so I’m hoping by the end of this week! But maybe there is someone on here with a more specific answer. Did you have a January interview?
they said 2nd week of Feb for the January interviews

Yes, today was the last interview date of the cycle and they said early to mid-February for the next round of acceptances. Good luck everyone! 🤞🏽

Accepted this morning at 7:58 CST! I’ve never been so excited about a phone call in my entire life! Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear! 🤩