UMN interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
hi Docs,
I got invited on July 25, but I am not going:) so one free spot from me:)

Members don't see this ad.

hi friends...I got an interview call for july 24th...does anybody else got a call for the same day?Can somebody tell me how many candidates they invite...thanks

I got invited on July 25th.

Members don't see this ad :)
hey guys what are the stats of those who got interview.i got rejected.stats 88/96 toefl/3.13

hey guys what are the stats of those who got interview.i got rejected.stats 88/96 toefl/3.13

Hey Hakam,

When did you apply? I'm sorry to hear you were rejected, when did they inform you about this? I'm still waiting to hear from them...:scared:

omg I am really sorry. this was really fast.
comparing your stats to mine, i am definitely getting a rejection :D

those that got IV for july, when did you all apply?

my application got completed 12th june and rejection letter is dated 28th june. i am not living in usa and i applied from india,may thy not entertaining outside ppl

my application got completed 12th june and rejection letter is dated 28th june. i am not living in usa and i applied from india,may thy not entertaining outside ppl
So you got your letter by postal mail or email?

I have read some of us has already attended the interviews at UMN and probably accepted too. Can a kind hearted soul please share their experience. I am sure there's at least one:)

hi frnds,can somebody pls tell me how many candidates they invite per batch...I mean per day....I am having my interview on 24th july but it seems no one else on sdn has interview on same day....its kind of weird....

Members don't see this ad :)
they usually call 8-10 students every day and there interview ratio is !0:1, means for 10 seats they call more than 100 students.

Interview process in not a big deal, 3 different people take one on one interview and they usually ask questions about yr personal dental experience, yr hobby, where else you going for an interview, why u selected UMN, negative and positive things about you.

I never figured out what they are looking id a candidate to accept, when I had my interview out of 8 students 1 got selected and that student was not happy with the way she presented herself and she was surprised.

So just give your best try and don't stress yourself.

Good luck!!

When did the interviews start, and when do they stop calling?

they usually call 8-10 students every day and there interview ratio is !0:1, means for 10 seats they call more than 100 students.

Interview process in not a big deal, 3 different people take one on one interview and they usually ask questions about yr personal dental experience, yr hobby, where else you going for an interview, why u selected UMN, negative and positive things about you.

I never figured out what they are looking id a candidate to accept, when I had my interview out of 8 students 1 got selected and that student was not happy with the way she presented herself and she was surprised.

Good luck!!
Thank you for sharing your experience. Blessings! The ratio looks lil scary!
How was the bench test? What all exercises did they give you?

Good luck!!
thanks a lot for sharing your experience..and yes the ratio is damn scary :scared:

hi everyone,

does anyone know if the UMN interview is just personal questions?
just got an interview call for aug

thanks in advance

hi everyone,

thanks in advance
as u got iv can u tell ur states? bco z i am waiting for some response from them and want to know they r giving iv call to part 2 done students or without part 2.
thanks
they already gave acceptance to some students

congratulations on getting an iv call! when did you apply snowe?

hi everyone,

thanks in advance

congratulations on getting an iv call! when did you apply snowe?

How many people do they invite? Has anyone been accepted yet?

UMN starts interviews early and ends maybe a month or two after their deadline in October. The chances of getting accepted remain the same for each batch.

applied in last week of April. and got the interview in 8-10 weeks.

Those who got interview please share your stats.

are they looking at overall or just the scores, GPA ? please advice

They are looking for a complete application and not just scores. By complete application I mean ~your experiences, degrees, any presentations, US work exp, awards, research exp. and offcourse community service experience, public health exp., and other extracurricular activities.
Hope this helps.

Thanks Omdent for replying. I have toefl score of 90. my stats are 81/77/2.9 with 4 years of teaching & private practice exp and 3 years of volunteer exp in USA. Please guide me if I would get an interview call for this. Otherwise I would not like to repeat my toefl.

They are looking for a complete application and not just scores. By complete application I mean ~your experiences, degrees, any presentations, US work exp, awards, research exp. and offcourse community service experience, public health exp., and other extracurricular activities.
Hope this helps.

i got a call from UMN, can anybody help me with that?

hey kjain, can u share ur iv experience with me?

hey kjain can u share ur iv experience , i got a call on 20 sept

i got a call from UMN, can anybody help me with that?

hey wen did you submit your docs n wen didya get application complete mail n aftr how many days didya get interview kal ? i know too many questions :D

Hi, Congrats !!
There will be 3 one on one Interviews, very general and straightforward. It was my first IV in US and believe me it was very easy. They will make you feel very comfortable so dont worry. just be honest and be yourself.
hey kjain can u share ur iv experience , i got a call on 20 sept

Hi, Congrats !!
There will be 3 one on one Interviews, very general and straightforward. It was my first IV in US and believe me it was very easy. They will make you feel very comfortable so dont worry. just be honest and be yourself.

i just got a mail (got by post) saying that my application is in active review and they will continue to review further . i was not selctd in initial review of the application for the iv..does that mean i have any chance? im worried:scared:

I got the same mail by post yesterday. Am worried too. What does that mean?Is it good or bad? Did someone got that mail before and an interview invite later?Somebody please help.

hey wanna apply to UMN.....m i too late fr dis....since dey r already don wid various intrvw sessions...??

Has MN stopped sending Interviews? Anybody any idea..