UMN interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
zonfol can u plz let us know wen had u submitted ur application and received a completion e-mail for the same ?
thnk u

Members don't see this ad.

zonfol can u plz let us know wen had u submitted ur application and received a completion e-mail for the same ?
thnk u

My application was complete on September 13. Then on September 28th Janet sent me an email asking me to call her. I did and she invited me over the phone, then sent me another email with the confirmation form to sign and fax over.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you Zonfol, that was relieving. I hope to hear from them soon :xf:. Wish you good luck too:)

you are all welcome :)

also, do you think your could post your stats? i was looking for them and i couldn't find them! gives a bit of an idea what they are looking for! thanks :)

also, do you think your could post your stats? i was looking for them and i couldn't find them! gives a bit of an idea what they are looking for! thanks :)

Well you probably couldn't find them coz i posted them on another thread, but here they are:

NBDE1: 86
NBDE2: didn't take
GPA: 3.79
TOEFL: 113
US Experience: None
Home Experience: 2 years clinical in a private practice.

Hope this helps.....

Were you interviewed on 24th? If so, are you the person from NY?:)

Well you probably couldn't find them coz i posted them on another thread, but here they are:

NBDE1: 86
NBDE2: didn't take
GPA: 3.79
TOEFL: 113
US Experience: None
Home Experience: 2 years clinical in a private practice.

Hope this helps.....

No I was interviewed on the 23rd and I USED TO live in NY. Why, were you interviewed on the 24th???

Yes, I had my interview on 24th NOV. I did not know they had one on 23th too.

Any updates from umn.?? What happened about the last two batches of interview they are going to call..did anyone get a call..pleez post if anybody has any update of a call or rejection and also after how many days of u completing our application did they contact u?

Anyone who applied around 3rd to 4th week of September ( with application complete status ) did anybody hear anything back from the UMN since then ? any iv call / waiting / rejection anything ??

Members don't see this ad :)
i think who ever applied between the third week of sep and the deadline date havent heard anything until now. Hopefully we shall here something anytime soon in this month .It might be taking time as Dr Berthold was going to be on a leave for 2 weeks as zonfoi had mentioned in his post. However if someone is still out there with any information about this school or call /rejection letter, pleez do post

i had received my application completion mail on 24th september and a rejection letter few days back dated 24th october..

Hey armpit..did u get the rejection letter by regular mail and cud u pleez post ur stats too..

So now we know that they have seen the applications till 24 sep..hopefully we shall listen about something good pretty soon..fingers crossed for an iv call..

Hey sam99, shinesmile and dentist 790, have u heard anything from umn.i guess its already been around 6 weeks since u guys got the application complete mail...I don't know whether they are sending any invites or anything as yet...the wait is simply getting to my nerves...i so hate it...

Hey sam99, shinesmile and dentist 790, have u heard anything from umn.i guess its already been around 6 weeks since u guys got the application complete mail...I don't know whether they are sending any invites or anything as yet...the wait is simply getting to my nerves...i so hate it...

got a rejection last week..

Thanks for the quick reply and I hope u have a good time at ucla

So what about daaru, sam99 and shinesmile.. I hope some one should be getting an iv call.they still had 2 rounds of iv left

So what about daaru, sam99 and shinesmile.. I hope some one should be getting an iv call.they still had 2 rounds of iv left

Nothing yet. It's really nerve wracking wait period. Checked my mails today. Nothing. Even if they have to send rejection letters, at least once they are received, we can get over with it, instead of just hoping for something to happen. Can't concentrate on any other thing till then.

Sept. 24 & what about you - beinghuman ?

Last edited:

i have not gotten any word yet. I did email a few days back asking if i could update my CV, since I have started a new volunteer position at a hospital recently. they said my application was being review so they could not update my application....so lets see what happens! i am really stressed and at my wit's end, i hope somebody give me a call:scared:

When did u get an app complete mail sam99?.I got it on Oct 18..guess was the last one to apply..

When did u get an app complete mail sam99?.I got it on Oct 18..guess was the last one to apply..

i just checked my email. I got it on September 27, 2012. but it does say wait 4-10 weeks...it has been 6 weeks so far...and i am thinking, with everything that I am reading, that there are very few seats left. plus they said my app is still in review...so i don't know! but very scared and nervous :scared:

I hope we get to hear something good this week..fingers crossed...

I got an interview call today by 12 30pm. Got a mail saying application was complete Oct 4

Congrats Improve Access !
Did you mean the application complete status or the actual review process of the application was completed on October 4 ?
Just wondering about the timeline of the events !

Last edited:
On the 4th of Oct I got a mail saying "We received your complete application today." Today is approximately 5weeks after that date

Thanks for the info. I had mine completed on Sept. 24. So, I am thinking, of not bothering to check the e-mail too often now ! lol !
& Just one quick question (sorry to ask a lot of things )- Is it possible to share your stats ( you can inbox if thats preferred ). Coz, I am wondering what are they looking for !

Hi guys. I got an email today asking me to call Janet. I called and I was informed I got an interview for December 12, 2012. My application complete email was received on September 27, 2012. Hope that helps!

Gudluck people..I hope Janet contacts me 2..didn't get anything till now

All the best for the interview folks !

I dont think Janet is gonna call anymore..maybe this is the last round of calls..i am loosing all hopes to receive a call..the only hope left is maybe my application still needs to be reviewed coz i had send my application near the deadline date..GOD HELP!!

Hey sam99 and improve access can u please post ur stats??and also could u please mention at what time did u receive the inteview mail??

Thanx a lot sam99 for the info..I just hope she sends an email tomorrow also..This wait is so nerve wrecking..The only hope i have is that i had recived an application complete mail on the deadline date...So probably she still didnt review it..Thats it..or may be I have a rejection letter already posted to my house which i didnt receive yet..I so wanted to study in this school..It was perfect for me..Ur stats are great..I am not able to go out much coz i have a baby whom i cant leave with anybody...May be in a few months I can start working on my resume and work somewhere..And by time I meant what time of the day..Just wanted to check whether she sends all invites in one day or there is hope for tomorrow also..coz i guess improve access got her invite on 14th..What about u..It all depends on which part of the world u are living in..

Thanx a lot sam99 for the info..I just hope she sends an email tomorrow also..This wait is so nerve wrecking..The only hope i have is that i had recived an application complete mail on the deadline date...So probably she still didnt review it..Thats it..or may be I have a rejection letter already posted to my house which i didnt receive yet..I so wanted to study in this school..It was perfect for me..Ur stats are great..I am not able to go out much coz i have a baby whom i cant leave with anybody...May be in a few months I can start working on my resume and work somewhere..And by time I meant what time of the day..Just wanted to check whether she sends all invites in one day or there is hope for tomorrow also..coz i guess improve access got her invite on 14th..What about u..It all depends on which part of the world u are living in..

not a problem, i definitely understand your situation is difficult, taking care of a young baby is a job on it's own! it is definitely possible that it has not been reviewed yet, as it 6 weeks for me to get my email. i got it at 9:20 am Vancouver time (so i think 11:20am Minnesota time) today, which is November 11, 2012. wish you the best of luck!

Thanx a lot sam99..i hope u get accepted wherever u wish to go..And keeping my fingers crossed too for the interview call..

Got rejection letter dated October 24.

Oh my god.sorry to hear that..maybe I should also expect a rej letter now dated Oct 24..will definitely apply next year

Don't think like that my friend Being Human. The reason I got this letter so late was, because they sent the letter to a US address that I had provided ( as a 2nd option ), instead of my actual home address, which is surprisingly just few minutes distance away of that address ( but, a different country ).

But, the weird part about the letter was - They had stated ABSOLUTELY NO REASON for not offering the spot, which just puzzles me. Because, if there is something wrong or something lacking that they are interested in, at least we should get to know, so that we can improve ourselves.

& Just like everybody else, I used to get so much stressed looking some posts here, about the stats / rejections / iv's & used to compare my chances with that. But at the end, I think, it seems more like luck, rather than the credentials.
Anyways, my point is - Don't lose hope !

Thanks a lot for that motivational post daaru..Lets see what happens in my case..I was wondering whether they send these letters to US address which we mention in the application or they send it to permanent address which is not necessarily in the united states and I believe if they send it on this permanent address then it might take very long for any kind of letter to reach me too.
Actually its really sad that they dont mention any reason as to why the application is not competitive enough..they had mentioned in their faqs too that they wont disclose the reasoning behind the rejection..I too think sometimes that its partly luck, and also the diversity factor which might play a big role..Do apply in the next cycle with some improved credentials..hopefully they will accept us then.

Any updates from the people already interviewed at UMN?

Can someone plz let me know on which address umn sends rejection letters..i mean for those who dont have a permanent visa in the us and have listed an address of a different country as the permanent address, do umn people send it on that address or they send it on us address where we had mentioned that they can contact us on that address..I am so lost...i cant figure out whether my rej letter is on the way to my house outside the united states if they had posted it on 24th oct or I still have hope to wait for an interview call..Please ppl let me know if u have any information or idea whether I should contact them and find out about my status..