UMN interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi,every body,i applied for UMN,last week ,still waiting for their IV call.i Will have to go back to india,as i got a child.Can any body guide me how many days will they take to reply.iam very eagerly waiting for their call.the ratio of 1:100,is pretty scary,r their any seats available,since its already september,can some one guide me through this,how was ur bench test.what all are their questions.My stats are NBDE -pass,TOEFL-105,GPA-3.2,

Members don't see this ad.

Usually they respond to your application 8-10 weeks after receiving your application, if selected for an Interview then it will be within 3-5 weeks form that day, at the interview which is a full day of non sense information about the program, you will not need this information if you are not accepted in the program, 3 short interviews, 20 minutes of skill assessment ( test basic hand skills). the first committee meeting after your Interview which could be 2-8 weeks for your interview date you will hear one of four answers 1- yes 2- no 3- decision was not made although we like you 4- waiting list..
Good Luck folks

Members don't see this ad :)
Usually they respond to your application 8-10 weeks after receiving your application, if selected for an Interview then it will be within 3-5 weeks form that day, at the interview which is a full day of non sense information about the program, you will not need this information if you are not accepted in the program, 3 short interviews, 20 minutes of skill assessment ( test basic hand skills). the first committee meeting after your Interview which could be 2-8 weeks for your interview date you will hear one of four answers 1- yes 2- no 3- decision was not made although we like you 4- waiting list..
Good Luck folks

Hey burs 1010
Are u studying there or were interviewed ???

Hey guys! Did anyone get a call back from umn? They said it will be 6 weeks after the interview!!

Good Luck folks
So which one would better to get among 3 & 4. Did not make any decision/ waiting list?? Of course, there is no confusion if got yes or no (of course non of us would like to see No)

Thank you.

So which one would better to get among 3 & 4. Did not make any decision/ waiting list?? Of course, there is no confusion if got yes or no (of course non of us would like to see No)

Thank you.

I heard; but not sure that they did not offer any place yet ?????? but I know few people got rejection after the interview.

I heard; but not sure that they did not offer any place yet ?????? but I know few people got rejection after the interview.
Actually, I know about 2 people who already got their acceptances.

hi.. can u pls tell me wat is the difference between transcripts and marksheet?
my college in india just gave marksheets... so i have this doubt?

hey kjain ,hw was ur IV in minnesota. can u guide me , i hav IV on 20 sept

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey Guys, when you send your application to UMN, did you send RLs or not? They said it won't make any difference. I was wondering if it is true or not.... Pl share your experiences....

Hi friends,just got a mail saying that final decision has not been made yet.I have lost all hope....have someone ever got accepted after receiving such mail

Hi friends,just got a mail saying that final decision has not been made yet.I have lost all hope....have someone ever got accepted after receiving such mail
this is a response you receive from them if they really want you , but they want to wait until applications are over ;. my advice is keep applying to other programs and most likely you will hear a positive response but not until November

Hey guys, i got the same mail yesterday! I was really disappointed! What r the chances? Does it mean that we r on the waiting list?

hi guys...I know couple of people got the same mail....For 11 sets,out of which some are already accepted and many with this mail,its really stressful now..

guys who got the same mail,plz post here so that we can have an idea ..thanks

hi guys...I know couple of people got the same mail....For 11 sets,out of which some are already accepted and many with this mail,its really stressful now..
As far as I understood, they send out acceptance to one person from each batch. "Did not make any decision yet" is not similar to the waiting list. I honestly don't know which one is better though.

I received a mail from Minnesota telling me that "at this time" you are chosen for an interview but your file is still active, and that they will contact me if I will be invited for an interview!!!
Maybe they already filled up their spots

you mean not chosen for interview right

I received a mail from Minnesota telling me that "at this time" you are chosen for an interview but your file is still active, and that they will contact me if I will be invited for an interview!!!
Maybe they already filled up their spots

no, it means that you still have a chance to be considered for future interview invites

i meant in realman's quote...he has said at this time you ARE choosen for an interview but your file is active..

i think he meant to say not chosen...correct me if i'm wrong realman

Hello,

Anyone with an interview on 24 th Oct?

Last edited:
hey guys..whts the total no of seats they have in this program???

9 only per Dr Berthold.

Thanks Burs1010 for the correction.

I guess there is going to be tough competition....But UMN is such an awesome school...getting into the program would be like a dream come true. :luck::xf:

Anyone who had applied in september and has had an IV call/rejection?

Last edited:
I would like to know what do we have to write in the work done section of the application of advance placement because it just has one line given in it to write our professional experience..please i need an urgent reply because i am running short of time.thanks

you have to write your professional dental experience in your home country excluding your internship. there's no space for writing your duties. you can attach your resume/CV if you want to.

Is it right they have only one seat left? I think no more interviews so waiting for the rejection letter

Has anyone who applied in september heard anything from UMN...
Have all the spots already been filled up?

Has anyone who applied in september heard anything from UMN...
Have all the spots already been filled up?

I have applied around the same time n haven't heard anything from them..
This waiting period seems endless!! I guess regarding the seats, no 1 in sdn would know.. right!?:rolleyes:

I think they have 1or 2 rounds of interviews left.

I hope so! I got my application complete email September 27, so suuuper late....i hope they still interview a few of us end-of-the-line applicants!

Hey guys I got interviewed at UMinn last week so let me calm you down a bit. Dr.Berthold, the PASS program director said that they still have at least half the seats unfilled. His Exact words were " As of now, we have at least 5 seats unfilled". He also said they still have 2 batches of invitations to send out but it will take time since he'll be out of office for 2 weeks and Janet the administrator is still going through the applications that they got just b4 the deadline. Also, he said they usually invite 80 to interview and accept 10, not 9. Out of those who don't get accepted, 25 are put on a waiting list arranged from best to worst, and are called up in order every time some1 backs out and declines acceptance. "Last year, the last girl on the waiting list got in coz we had so many applicants decline acceptance" is what he said.

The interview itself is pretty great. you get 30 minutes one on one with Dr. Berthold and two 15 minute one on ones with two faculty. they pretty much just go through your application and pick stuff to ask. Very friendly. Skills assesment test is pretty easy as well if you know how to hold a handpiece :/

Hope I put you guys at east a little.....

Hey guys I got interviewed at UMinn last week so let me calm you down a bit. Dr.Berthold, the PASS program director said that they still have at least half the seats unfilled. His Exact words were " As of now, we have at least 5 seats unfilled". He also said they still have 2 batches of invitations to send out but it will take time since he'll be out of office for 2 weeks and Janet the administrator is still going through the applications that they got just b4 the deadline. Also, he said they usually invite 80 to interview and accept 10, not 9. Out of those who don't get accepted, 25 are put on a waiting list arranged from best to worst, and are called up in order every time some1 backs out and declines acceptance. "Last year, the last girl on the waiting list got in coz we had so many applicants decline acceptance" is what he said.

The interview itself is pretty great. you get 30 minutes one on one with Dr. Berthold and two 15 minute one on ones with two faculty. they pretty much just go through your application and pick stuff to ask. Very friendly. Skills assesment test is pretty easy as well if you know how to hold a handpiece :/

wow!!! this is an awesome news for people like me..
Just hope n pray to hear some +ve news ASAP..

Thanks.. :):thumbup:

thank you sooo much for the info, it really does put the mind at ease a little! i wish you best of luck with the outcome of your interview!

Thanks a ton
u hav really eased us up..so hopes still held high...:xf: