Unbalanced MCAT score + T20 school apps

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Biochemist3412

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Resolved

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Nah you're fine. Only if you had below a 125 it would be a problem. there is the most leeway with cars anyways.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
^^^ echoing the sentiment above. Getting a 127 technically means "126-128" according to the breakdown when you check your score. I have a friend who got a 124 CARS but a 132 PS who ended up getting into med school just fine. Even though I don't support making school lists based on MSAR stats alone, a quick look at it shows that Stanford's 10th percentile CARS that got an acceptance is a 126, so even the "top schools" do give benefit of the doubt on this section.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
My score was 518 (131/125/131/131) and sitting on 5 IIs (3 to T20) and 2 As (1 T20) as of right now this cycle. I wouldn't be worried. Just do everything else for your app to the best of your ability. You got this!

Also, it doesn't matter too much, but your subsection and total don't add up rn

Reactions: 1 users
Hi all,

I just got back my MCAT - 519 (130/126/130/132). I’m overall happy with my score (96 percentile) but am concerned that elite medical schools might view the 127 in CARS badly. I’ve heard that elite schools expect at least a 128 in each section, is this true?

What are your thoughts?

They aren’t going to care about that CARS score. It’s fine.

Reactions: 1 users
You will be fine with this score. 127 in Cars is still 82 percentile.

Hi all,

I just got back my MCAT - 519 (130/126/130/132). I’m overall happy with my score (96 percentile) but am concerned that elite medical schools might view the 127 in CARS badly. I’ve heard that elite schools expect at least a 128 in each section, is this true?

What are your thoughts?
If you don't get into a top school, it won't be because of your car's score

Hi all,

I just got back my MCAT - 519 (130/127/130/132). I’m overall happy with my score (96 percentile) but am concerned that elite medical schools might view the 127 in CARS badly. I’ve heard that elite schools expect at least a 128 in each section, is this true?

What are your thoughts?
I got a 127 in CARS and got multiple T20 and T10 IIs and acceptances. If the rest of your MCAT is high (which it is), a 127 will not screen you out.