UNC ASOD Class of 2025 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

I got that email and never even got an interview invite so imma go with it’s irrelevant to acceptance status
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Can confirm that all offers have already been sent out
BF109064-93B1-4846-AFD8-15727BBA58AB.gif
 
Well I can’t say the source’s name lol but I have a good friend who works for someone on the adcom and they told my friend that after the meeting on Friday, all initial offers have been completed. There’s always a possibility of movement later on of course, but that’s typically somewhat rare for UNC.
Oh this is disheartening. Thank you for the insider information though.
 
Question: My AADSAS status for UNC says "Offer Made" which changed this weekend but I haven't received a phone call or email. Did people receiving offers get a formal notification via email or just the phone call?
 
Question: My AADSAS status for UNC says "Offer Made" which changed this weekend but I haven't received a phone call or email. Did people receiving offers get a formal notification via email or just the phone call?
Just the phone call so far. My AADSAS also says offer made
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got the call for confirmation of my acceptance this morning. Apparently there was some sort of mixup on the call list. Does anyone have the Facebook group link?
Search UNC Adams School of Dentistry Class of 2025 on Facebook and it should come right up! An admin will add you pretty quickly 🙂 DM me if you have any trouble
 
Any idea when the rest of us will hear back? Assuming it’s waitlists now - does unc accept letters of intent?
Last year January acceptances went out on Jan 17th and then the waitlist was sent out on Jan 30th. So this year acceptances went out on Jan 22, so waitlist would likely be end next week Feb 5 or so.

Also Based on Previous year threads and what was commented in the threads for people getting off the waitlist:
2020 - 1-2
2019 - 2
2018 - 0
2017 - 1

Could be more that just dont use SDN though
 
Does anyone know the laptop policy at UNC? Are we required to purchase laptops from them or can we use our own? Thanks!
 
Does anyone know the laptop policy at UNC? Are we required to purchase laptops from them or can we use our own? Thanks!
We’re required to purchase laptops! They said they’ll send more info about it in the summer
 
Hi everyone! I have been hearing different things. Are students ranked at UNC? thanks so much 😀
They aren’t ranked in the traditional way you are thinking, but they do report where you fall in the class percentile wise (top x%) to residencies. Still something you need to worry about if you want to specialize from what I understand
 
I heard they met recently to discuss again. They say it’s a really competitive cycle and they are having a tough time with decisions. I believe the Dean resigned Jan 15th so I think they’re going through a lot right now. I’m doing my best to be patient.
 
I heard they met recently to discuss again. They say it’s a really competitive cycle and they are having a tough time with decisions. I believe the Dean resigned Jan 15th so I think they’re going through a lot right now. I’m doing my best to be patient.

Source?

It is my understanding that all offers of admission have already been sent. If they met again, it was probably only to discuss the waitlist. It is always competitive. I don’t mean to be a downer, but I am trying to be realistic for my own sake
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Early this week I email UNC and asked about my status, they told me they will send an email this week to me for waiting list, but they did not yet!

Nope. If they follow through then it’s today I’m assuming, but maybe they just told me that to get me out of their hair?

Yeah, because it looks like they told y’all the same thing on different weeks. I wonder if they plan to follow through this time. I guess waitlist isn’t much of a priority this year. Last year I interviewed January 11th and was waitlisted on January 30th. This year, it’s already been more than a month.

What if they don’t plan to have a waitlist this year? I know their class size is smaller due to Covid. Maybe they figure that if people drop then it will just be easier to social distance..
 
Yeah, because it looks like they told y’all the same thing on different weeks. I wonder if they plan to follow through this time. I guess waitlist isn’t much of a priority this year. Last year I interviewed January 11th and was waitlisted on January 30th. This year, it’s already been more than a month.

What if they don’t plan to have a waitlist this year? I know their class size is smaller due to Covid. Maybe they figure that if people drop then it will just be easier to social distance..
Idk, with how the testing program is now I think they’d be comfortable bringing in the new class size, they must just be really backed up. They have wellness days on Monday and Tuesday next week so maybe they’ll meet again during those, or send out the emails then since it won’t be as busy.
 
Idk, with how the testing program is now I think they’d be comfortable bringing in the new class size, they must just be really backed up. They have wellness days on Monday and Tuesday next week so maybe they’ll meet again during those, or send out the emails then since it won’t be as busy.
what is the new class size?
 
what is the new class size?
I think they said 72? So 10 less than last year’s I believe. The coolest thing that could happen is that with the vaccine ramping up, and UNC doing better with covid, they decided to bump the class size to 82 last minute and that’s why it’s taking so long. Super far fetched but hey, this cycle’s been weird in all sorts of ways