UNC ASOD Class of 2025 Interview/Acceptance Thread

I think they said 72? So 10 less than last year’s I believe. The coolest thing that could happen is that with the vaccine ramping up, and UNC doing better with covid, they decided to bump the class size to 82 last minute and that’s why it’s taking so long. Super far fetched but hey, this cycle’s been weird in all sorts of ways
So they’re going to send out more acceptances and then the waitlist?

Members don't see this ad.

So they’re going to send out more acceptances and then the waitlist?
Who knows honestly, that was just my most optimistic view of the situation. Realistically they’re just backed up rn and we’ll hear from them soon, or the emails are prepped and ready to be sent out today. Those sources people had earlier would be pretty clutch rn lol

Members don't see this ad :)
I think they said 72? So 10 less than last year’s I believe. The coolest thing that could happen is that with the vaccine ramping up, and UNC doing better with covid, they decided to bump the class size to 82 last minute and that’s why it’s taking so long. Super far fetched but hey, this cycle’s been weird in all sorts of ways
That would be amazing! I love your positivity!

Just got waitlisted as well, I never replied to the earlier email in December about still being considered so I am surprised I was still actually considered.. but I'll be turning down the alternative position as well for someone else!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone been able to set up a meeting with the admissions committee regarding ways to improve your application? I’ve been calling and sending emails but no one has responded

No clue. I haven’t heard anything and it makes me nervous.
Unc will accept like 1-2 ppl off the waitlist every year so it’s not surprising. I would look at other options if you have them.

Reactions: 1 user
I met with UNC on Friday and it was very helpful! They took a while to respond to my emails but eventually did

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know if there is any waitlist movement?

Reactions: 1 users
does anyone know if the committee will meet again to discuss the waitlist?

Yes, at least three people were offered seats. 2 accepted and 1 declined (I think).

How do you know 3 were offered seats? And if 1 declined does that mean they’ll still try to fill that third seat?