UNC dental opinions from UNC undergrad alums

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

UncUndergrad1

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, I'm caught between two great schools, UNC and UMB, so I was just wondering if there are any opinions out there from UNC alumni who also attend(ed) the dental school here. I'm a little worried I'll just get tired of the area.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey, I'm caught between two great schools, UNC and UMB, so I was just wondering if there are any opinions out there from UNC alumni who also attend(ed) the dental school here. I'm a little worried I'll just get tired of the area.
If you are planning to practice in NC, you should go to UNC. It is a whole lot less stressful and possibly easier to pass licensing boards at your home school in the area you want to practice. Plus you can network during your time in dental school to look for jobs for when you get out. What school is UMB? Maryland?

Hey there,

Fellow UNC undergrad alum...2001. Took a year off to get residency, and then went to Carolina for dental school.

I loved Chapel Hill and it was wonderful to spend more time there. It didn't get old...but it does get different. Although I obviously didn't go out like a rockstar in dental school compared to undergrad, I did frequent different places. Top of the Hill, Martini Bar etc got a little bit old and a little bit young. I went out a little more out towards the West End...wine bar, green lantern, although we did hit up ToTH somewhat. I enjoyed dental school there and really just being in Chapel Hill. I miss it like crazy.

Good luck.