You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
UNC Eshelman C/O 2019
Started by btbealpharm
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
@afuen031 Nice, I sent my supplemental in this past Saturday. Are you in-state or OOS?/What's your stats? (If you don't mind, of course).
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What are* (Don't know why I felt the need to correct that but there it is)
I am out of state
GPA 3.94
PCAT 99 comp
1 year pharm experience 2 years extracurricular activities
Bachelors of science in chem, how about you? I condensed the Extracurriculars lol, too long and I don't want to bore you. I don't think my chances are that high because I am out of state.
GPA 3.94
PCAT 99 comp
1 year pharm experience 2 years extracurricular activities
Bachelors of science in chem, how about you? I condensed the Extracurriculars lol, too long and I don't want to bore you. I don't think my chances are that high because I am out of state.
Oh wow, that's incredible. If you have good EC's like I suspect you'll be fine. I think they accept some 30% OOS. I go to NC State (so, I'm in state). I have a 3.3 but I had a rough 2.5 freshman year haha. I have a 3.6 major GPA in biochemistry. My PCAT is 93 with a ton of EC and really good LORs.
I'm applying from Texas! UNC is my top choice, but I don't have the best odds. My GPA is a 3.3 and my PCAT is a 96. I have two years of research experience, I'm a CPhT, and have a ton of leadership experience including a national leadership award. So at least I have that going for me! Maybe it'll make up for the low GPA.
Well I certainly wouldn't count you out. Excellent PCAT and the CPhT is pretty clutch too. I almost applied to UT Austin this term from NC haha.
Is UNC going to have a campus at Elizabeth City anymore?
@lavenderhearts No, per:
https://pharmacy.unc.edu/programs/the-pharmd/prospective-pharmd-students/the-unc-pharmd/our-campuses
https://pharmacy.unc.edu/programs/the-pharmd/prospective-pharmd-students/the-unc-pharmd/our-campuses
@mjk2492 I have not. I'm presuming, given that the early consideration deadline is Oct. 1st, interview invites will be sent out after that. According to their website, interviews start in November.
Also waiting for the interviews! Fingers crossed that we hear back soon!!
I also submitted my supplemental application for UNC a while ago! Let me know if anyone's heard anything about interviews!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone heard back about an interview? I attended one of the open houses last monday- admissions said they'd be sending out first round interview invites the first 2 weeks of oct.
Has anyone heard back about an interview? I attended one of the open houses last monday- admissions said they'd be sending out first round interview invites the first 2 weeks of oct.
Nope, have you?
Not yet.. good luck!
I emailed the admissions, just for peace of mind, and Mrs. Lewis said that first round interview invites would be sent out "within the next two weeks". That statement was made last Wednesday so we should start hearing back within the next seven days.
I'm applying from Texas! UNC is my top choice, but I don't have the best odds. My GPA is a 3.3 and my PCAT is a 96. I have two years of research experience, I'm a CPhT, and have a ton of leadership experience including a national leadership award. So at least I have that going for me! Maybe it'll make up for the low GPA.
Just got an invite for November 14th!!!!!!! I'm so excited!!!
Congrats! I didn't get any invite but my experiences/stats are about similar to yours. I assume I'm probably not gonna get an invite xD good luck for your interview!
Surprisingly, I got an invite.
@LactaidPlease what were your stats? Are you OOS?
Hi when did your pharmcas application get verified? Thanks!The MMI sounds interesting... I wonder what sorts of questions and scenarios there will be. Like ethical, practical, or otherwise?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How did you guys get notified for the interview invite? Email or phone call or mail??I'm sure I'll see you all there!
Any OOSers interviewees know where they'll be staying or which hotel is the closest/has the best rates?
Low gpa. About a 3.10. Pcat is a 99. Some volunteering experience in a pharmacy and working as a technician. And yeah I'm OOS.@LactaidPlease what were your stats? Are you OOS?
Low gpa. About a 3.10. Pcat is a 99. Some volunteering experience in a pharmacy and working as a technician. And yeah I'm OOS.
That is an incredible PCAT - probably enough to get you an interview anywhere so congratulations on that. Although, I assume most applicants to UNC have strong PCATs. Either way congrats on the invite and good luck!
Are all of us who received invites so far OOS?
It seems this way. I, along with other applicants stronger than myself that are all in state, have not heard back so it appears as if they're contacting OOS first? Can anyone confirm this? Regardless, good luck on your interview and hopefully I will being seeing you both next year.
I'm in state, and did get an interview invite. But I'm also requesting the avl campus fwiw.
Hopefully everyone had a great time at Candidates Day! I was super impressed with the school and the schedule for the day. The interview was a little bit harder than anticipated, but I don't think it was too terrible. Hopefully we hear back in six days like people have from the first interview for the last two years! But does anyone else think it was odd that there were 84 people at the first interview date?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad