UNC Eshelman C/O 2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hopefully everyone had a great time at Candidates Day! I was super impressed with the school and the schedule for the day. The interview was a little bit harder than anticipated, but I don't think it was too terrible. Hopefully we hear back in six days like people have from the first interview for the last two years! But does anyone else think it was odd that there were 84 people at the first interview date?
Wow, there were 84 people on the first interview date or for the the first round of interviews in general?

Members don't see this ad.

84 people interviewed at Chapel Hill campus on the first interview date. There were 12 groups of 7.

There are still plenty of interview dates! Don't count yourself out yet.

You were right when you said don't count myself out yet. I got an interview invite today from UNC!! :)
Have you heard back from them ever since your interview date?

Members don't see this ad :)
Nothing from UNC yet after the interview...not even a survey.

I just got an invitation to interview yesterday and I'm from Texas. PharmCAS and supplemental recieved on Oct. 31st.

Congratulations!
Has anyone heard admissions decision back yet?

Congratulations!
Has anyone heard admissions decision back yet?

I'm sure they will get back to you within two weeks! anyone know how many people they accept after each round of interviews? I was under the impression that admission is rolling.

I really was hoping we would hear back today. I have a feeling we will know before Thanksgiving though!

A feeling...lol. I think so too. I heard that someone got background check stuff, so I thought we will hear back today but guess we will have to bear another suspenseful weekend.

That makes me worried that I won't get in if she got a background check request and I didn't.

..........I'm sorry. But s/he emailed UNC and was told that they haven't made the decision. Maybe they were saying they haven't finished making decisions for all candidates. Have you done this before for another school? I don't know...don't take my words. Stay positive.

Last edited:
I haven't gone through a background check for other schools. And since UNC doesn't use the CBC that other schools use, would it matter?

Members don't see this ad :)
Guys, I am sorry to make you panic. I interviewed at another school. The background check did not specify which school. So it may be from that school instead of UNC. Don't worry.

I haven't gone through a background check for other schools. And since UNC doesn't use the CBC that other schools use, would it matter?
What is CBC? Hope Xingheluqi's post answered your question. S/he was the person I was referring to.

I see. I think UNC uses it. Anyways, let's escape from all these and enjoy the weekend! :)

Centralized background check! The one through PharmCAS. UNC's background check is independent from that.

How come it's independent from that...most pharmacy schools use CBC through PharmCAS. I think they are all the same...

I'm not sure why, but there's a list on PharmCAS of which schools are included and UNC isn't on that list.

oh sorry, that list is outdated. Yea I can't find UNC on the list either.

:D Interview scheduled for the 15th <3 Super pumped!

I got an email from UNC! My heart was racing but it turned out to be a survey.

It's actually a relief because the email does not start with "Congratulations." haha.... I am expecting to be either asked for more information or put on waitlist because I really messed up my interview:(, but still hoping a miracle will happen.

Last edited:
Oooh fun! Btbealpharm I guess I'll see you there! I'm from out of state (GA) but I wonder if that played a part in the decision making. Also...I'm glad we're getting lunch :D

Congrats pimouse! I haven't heard back yet and I'm honestly a little worried. Hopefully the rest of us hear soon!

Congratulations! I haven't heard back either. What other schools are you all applying?

I've already gotten into Belmont and UNT. I'm waiting on OU, UNM, and UT.

Well, I don't think we will hear back today because the PharmCAS website is down till first day of December.

The school sends out decisions through PharmCAS I believe.

I mean they are closed for holidays :confused: I don't like holidays...it's like the whole world ceases to operate~~

Physically, yes because I had a big meal :joyful:, but mentally, no because I am a little anxious about the decision. UNC is my first choice. :confused: How about you?

I had a good one. Let's stay positive and hope for the best.

Right. It means they're waiting until the next round to decide on us. At least that's the way it was presented on Candidates Day.