You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
UNC Eshelman C/O 2019
Started by btbealpharm
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Hi all! I just joined SDN & caught up on this thread. My interview is scheduled for February 6th. Anybody else?
My interview is scheduled for Feb 6th too. May I ask whether your interview is going to be at the Chapel Hill or the Asheville campus?
Has anyone received the official letter of acceptance from the dean? They said they would email it within a week but I haven't heard from them since the initial email before Thanksgiving.
Just got my official letter of acceptance today from the Dean. I am assuming most other accepted students got theirs too. Hope everyone had a good New Year's!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys 🙂
I was just hoping to get some insight. I am a senior in college, 92 PCAT, 3.7 GPA, major in Bio with minors in Global Health, Spanish, and Chemistry and I interviewed at UNC this past December. Either due to the holidays or something about me, I have not heard a decision yet so I was just wondering if you guys would know where I stand. I really want to go to this school, because it is highly ranked and it is close to home. I have already been accepted to Mercer and U Washington, and I have upcoming interviews with UCSF and U Maryland. All besides Mercer are pretty good, but they are far and I am the only child so I want to be close (I live in Georgia btw, so I am out of state)
So going back to UNC, I am not sure how I feel about the MMI's, but I have great LOR's and I have done a medical mission to Honduras, I have been an RA, I have been VP of clubs, I am a CPhT, and other stuff.
Could someone help?
I was just hoping to get some insight. I am a senior in college, 92 PCAT, 3.7 GPA, major in Bio with minors in Global Health, Spanish, and Chemistry and I interviewed at UNC this past December. Either due to the holidays or something about me, I have not heard a decision yet so I was just wondering if you guys would know where I stand. I really want to go to this school, because it is highly ranked and it is close to home. I have already been accepted to Mercer and U Washington, and I have upcoming interviews with UCSF and U Maryland. All besides Mercer are pretty good, but they are far and I am the only child so I want to be close (I live in Georgia btw, so I am out of state)
So going back to UNC, I am not sure how I feel about the MMI's, but I have great LOR's and I have done a medical mission to Honduras, I have been an RA, I have been VP of clubs, I am a CPhT, and other stuff.
Could someone help?
Hello, does anyone know about housing in the area. I heard chapel hill is expensive.
Hello, does anyone know about housing in the area. I heard chapel hill is expensive.
Yes Chapel Hill is expensive, particularly if you want to live by yourself! I would suggest checking out this website:
http://www.chapelhillrent.com
If you are looking for apartments, most pharm students live in Chapel Ridge I've heard, but it can also be expensive. Other places I've looked at and know pharm students live at are Kingswood apartments, University Condominiums, and Laurel Ridge. All of these are on a J bus route and less than 2 miles from the pharm school which is very convenient because it's about a 10 - 15 bus ride to the school. Also most students were able to get roommates by joining the UNC ESOP Class (you would be 2019) Facebook site and just posting that you need roommates. Go ahead and try to get your living arrangements done asap because it will get more expensive if you wait until summer and it's more difficult to find good roommates.
Hope this helps!
I haven't heard back from UNC. When did you interview with UNC? I interviewed in DecemberHas any deferred applicant heard anything back from UNC?
I interviewed in November. I saw some people interviewed in December have already been accepted....maybe they are reviewing some December candidates against the November deferred ones? That's just my guessing.I haven't heard back from UNC. When did you interview with UNC? I interviewed in December
Thank you so much!Yes Chapel Hill is expensive, particularly if you want to live by yourself! I would suggest checking out this website:
http://www.chapelhillrent.com
If you are looking for apartments, most pharm students live in Chapel Ridge I've heard, but it can also be expensive. Other places I've looked at and know pharm students live at are Kingswood apartments, University Condominiums, and Laurel Ridge. All of these are on a J bus route and less than 2 miles from the pharm school which is very convenient because it's about a 10 - 15 bus ride to the school. Also most students were able to get roommates by joining the UNC ESOP Class (you would be 2019) Facebook site and just posting that you need roommates. Go ahead and try to get your living arrangements done asap because it will get more expensive if you wait until summer and it's more difficult to find good roommates.
Hope this helps!
Yep, thank you!I was in the December interview rounds and was put on hold. I think the 2 week deadline was for the decision between accepted, hold, and waitlist. If you're on hold or waitlist then they don't have to get back to you until March or later.
Last edited:
Hey guys 🙂
I was just hoping to get some insight. I am a senior in college, 92 PCAT, 3.7 GPA, major in Bio with minors in Global Health, Spanish, and Chemistry and I interviewed at UNC this past December. Either due to the holidays or something about me, I have not heard a decision yet so I was just wondering if you guys would know where I stand. I really want to go to this school, because it is highly ranked and it is close to home. I have already been accepted to Mercer and U Washington, and I have upcoming interviews with UCSF and U Maryland. All besides Mercer are pretty good, but they are far and I am the only child so I want to be close (I live in Georgia btw, so I am out of state)
So going back to UNC, I am not sure how I feel about the MMI's, but I have great LOR's and I have done a medical mission to Honduras, I have been an RA, I have been VP of clubs, I am a CPhT, and other stuff.
Could someone help?
Honestly you sound fantastic. I'm not on the admissions committee though so I don't know how much insight I can offer you. Maybe they're still making a decision? Or maybe it has to do with the MMI's? I responded to this because our statistics are eerily similar (I'm from GA too, same PCAT score, but your GPA is WAY higher than mine xD I haven't done the RA, VP and other stuff though 😵 ).
But honestly, I don't know how much advice we can give you as a group. We're kind of in the same position you are as far as being on the outside knowing nothing about how decisions/applicants are being weighed and looking in.

My interview is scheduled for Feb 6th too. May I ask whether your interview is going to be at the Chapel Hill or the Asheville campus?
I have mine in Asheville campus on the same day
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thank you so so so much! Haha Georgia pride!! i think the MMI's are what messed me up. I hope you get in though 🙂 I hate waiting games so much.Honestly you sound fantastic. I'm not on the admissions committee though so I don't know how much insight I can offer you. Maybe they're still making a decision? Or maybe it has to do with the MMI's? I responded to this because our statistics are eerily similar (I'm from GA too, same PCAT score, but your GPA is WAY higher than mine xD I haven't done the RA, VP and other stuff though 😵 ).
But honestly, I don't know how much advice we can give you as a group. We're kind of in the same position you are as far as being on the outside knowing nothing about how decisions/applicants are being weighed and looking in.![]()
Thank you so so so much! Haha Georgia pride!! i think the MMI's are what messed me up. I hope you get in though 🙂 I hate waiting games so much.
Well thanks! I got in a week after the interviews on the 15th. It's weird that they haven't let you know though.
Hi all! For those that attended the Feb. 6th interview, how big/ how many people were interviewed (estimate probably)???? I interviewed back in December and still waiting to hear back
Hey, how many students (estimate) interviewed in Asheville on Feb. 6th? And any idea on the number of students that interviewed in chapel hill on Feb. 6th as well?I had an interview on Feb. 6th at the Asheville campus. I specifically mentioned that I was only interested in going to Chapel Hill, but my acceptance letter I received today said I was accepted to UNC Asheville...![]()
Hi pharm9880. Are you still on hold?I'm on hold :/
I got an email saying they were still going to make a decision
Also, has anyone on hold heard back?
dltd
dltd
Hi ganyc. Did you hear from UNC yet?dltd
Also, has anyone on hold heard back?
Hi Stevomania, did you receive an update email from them today? I interviewed in Nov. and I haven't received any update from them as of today.I got an email saying they were still going to make a decision
Hi ganyc. Did you hear from UNC yet?
Also, has anyone on hold heard back?
I haven't heard back yet, but I called them early last week and was told I will be notified within 2-3 weeks.Hi Stevomania, did you receive an update email from them today? I interviewed in Nov. and I haven't received any update from them as of today.
Got my acceptance yesterday to the Asheville campus. I did my undergrad at UNC-CH, so I know from experience that UNC housing is expensive...parking on campus is a nightmare to be honest, and it goes by a lottery system. If you do not get the campus or commuter lot of choice, you may have to use a park&ride lot, and/or take the bus. But that isn't the university's fault, it's Chapel Hill dps. Parking at Asheville seems to be more fair, and housing seems to be about the same, if not slightly cheaper. I was considering a different pharmacy program, but the more I think about it, the more I'm leaning towards UNC ESOP at Asheville. Congrats to everybody accepted to either campus! 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just got an invite for November 14th!!!!!!! I'm so excited!!!
Did anyone last year bring a guest to interview day? Spouse, parent, etc?
