JesseBrad3

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 19, 2003
Status (Visible)
Has anyone heard from UNC if they are on the waitlist? Just curious as to if and when they mailed out letters for those who are waitlisted.

Sleepless

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 19, 2003
Status (Visible)
Hey there...just wanted to answer you question...

UNC selects 30 total waitlisted applicants (15 in state and 15 out of state). Those who are selected for admission and waitlist are sent letters after the committee meets (which this year was Feb. 4th)

Unfortunately, from what they told me, is that if you aren't contacted or mailed a letter on Feb 9th (the day they mail out all their letters) and informed that you were selected for admission or put on the waitlist, then you are not being considered for the 2004 admissions cycle and they will mail you a letter in april to inform you that your application is expired for that cycle. (You can verify this on their website under admissions timeline)

Sorry I couldnt give you better news....

If you want to verify this info you could call the school yourself and have them tell you...but i am almost 100% sure :(

Good luck....have you heard from other schools?? or applied to others??

About the Ads
This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.