This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

flowerbomb18

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
oGPA: 3.4
sGPA: 3.47-3.5
DAT: 20 AA/ 21 TS/ 20 PAT
Received B.S. in Neuroscience from USC.

>100 hours of volunteer/research with UCLA dental school and UCI School of Medicine (pediatrics dentistry).

What are my chances and how many schools would you recommend that I apply to? (Californian resident)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
It's very middle of the road stats. If you look over the official dental school guide, that's roughly where the mean lies. Although universities in California have higher standards. The 100 hrs research at a dental school seems interesting though. I would say apply to 10 schools and you seem like a candidate they are looking for.

It's very middle of the road stats. If you look over the official dental school guide, that's roughly where the mean lies. Although universities in California have higher standards. The 100 hrs research at a dental school seems interesting though. I would say apply to 10 schools and you seem like a candidate they are looking for.

Thank you!! Do you have any recommendations for specific out of state schools that I should apply to?

Members don't see this ad :)
Each school has different requirements and OOS acceptance rates. Like a schools average GPA may be 3.5 but if you look at OOS acceptance rates it may be low and their grades are much higher. I highly recommend buying the ADEA official guide and just highlighting all possible schools and then cut it down from there.

Your stats are good. Apply broadly and you'll be fine. Are you planning to stay in Cali? or you want explore new places for a change?

Your stats are good. Apply broadly and you'll be fine. Are you planning to stay in Cali? or you want explore new places for a change?

Thank you! Ideally I would like to stay in cali, but given my stats I'm willing to go anywhere. I just wanted to know if my stats were good enough to even get into any dental school at all.

Each school has different requirements and OOS acceptance rates. Like a schools average GPA may be 3.5 but if you look at OOS acceptance rates it may be low and their grades are much higher. I highly recommend buying the ADEA official guide and just highlighting all possible schools and then cut it down from there.

Thanks for the feedback:) I'll check out the ADEA guide.

Thank you! Ideally I would like to stay in cali, but given my stats I'm willing to go anywhere. I just wanted to know if my stats were good enough to even get into any dental school at all.
Yes. With those stats you will definitely get into a dental school.