under-rated programs?

Started by pedsrads
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

pedsrads

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Any thoughts on some solid, but underrated (or not as well-known) radiology programs? Preferably on either coast or out west? I've seen a lot about top-10 programs blah blah blah, but I'm more interested in a strong program where I will get a good education and see diverse pathology.

Thanks.
 
Hartford Hospital in CT...great program, better than some of the Boston academic programs (for what it's worth this opinion is based on interviewing only...so you're milage may vary)

I've heard that Geisenger in PA and Christiana in DE are descent "sleepers"
 
Koil Gugliemi said:
Hartford Hospital in CT...great program, better than some of the Boston academic programs (for what it's worth this opinion is based on interviewing only...so you're milage may vary)

I've heard that Geisenger in PA and Christiana in DE are descent "sleepers"

While we are on the subject of CT, maybe St. Raphael's?
 
pedsrads said:
Any thoughts on some solid, but underrated (or not as well-known) radiology programs? Preferably on either coast or out west? I've seen a lot about top-10 programs blah blah blah, but I'm more interested in a strong program where I will get a good education and see diverse pathology.

Thanks.

I think Mayo Jax is an underrated program. It's a relatively new program, part of the Mayo system obviously. It was great; wouldn't be suprised if it becomes a top program soon. Also, if you are interested in MSK, enjoy the sun and beach, this is the place for you.

Another program that is great is cincy, awesome pediatric radiology, part of the hospital was under construction. but some of the happiest residents period. i would defnitely check this one out.