Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have the flexibility in my schedule next year to take 3 electives. I'm trying to determine which classes I could take in undergrad that would actually make things a little easier in medical school. (I know that they won't make a huge difference, but it might be nice to have some familiarity with the more challenging classes.)
In addition to the standard pre-reqs, I will have completed BioChem I, Physiology, Genetics, and an undergrad level Human Anatomy Lab.
Which classes do you think would best prepare me for medical school? I've made a list of those that I think might be good. With a PA and other health science programs offered here at my school, I can probably find most any class that might be helpful.
Here is my list. Which would be your top 3 choices?
My Top 3:
In addition to the standard pre-reqs, I will have completed BioChem I, Physiology, Genetics, and an undergrad level Human Anatomy Lab.
Which classes do you think would best prepare me for medical school? I've made a list of those that I think might be good. With a PA and other health science programs offered here at my school, I can probably find most any class that might be helpful.
Here is my list. Which would be your top 3 choices?
My Top 3:
- Regional anatomy (cadaver dissection)
- Cell/Molecular Biology
- Histology
- Neuroanatomy / Neurosciences
- Pathophysiology
- Immunology
- Clinical Nutrition
- Embryology
- Pharmacology
- BioChem II
- Hematology
- Advanced Physiology (emphasis on cell and molecular mechanisms - A 500 level graduate class. I'm not sure I want to put in that much time!)
- Genetics of development and cancer
- Molecular biology of the gene
- Advanced genetics laboratory
- Something I missed ?!?

