Undergrad GPA vs AMCAS GPA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

My transcripts say I have a 3.793 (my undergrad GPA), but my school's grade scale is slightly different (A- is a 3.67). If I recalculate my GPA as an A- being a 3.7 I have a 3.81. Which GPA will medical schools see?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks so much guys!
ImageUploadedBySDN Mobile1441289822.938118.jpg

Reactions: 5 users
However, you shouldn't be thinking that your 3.79 -> 3.81 bump is in any way significant. If you add another LizzyM point to your score as a result, that's eyeroll-worthy.

If you are recalculating your hypothetical odds of acceptance because you can now include yourself in the 3.80 to 4.0 bracket on AAMC Table 25, and are pleased with the result, that's even worse.

Last edited:
However, you shouldn't be thinking that your 3.79 -> 3.81 bump is in any way significant. If you add another LizzyM point to your score as a result, that's eyeroll-worthy.
I know, I know, but I'm one of those people that thinks looking at a 3.79 vs 3.80 or 3.687 and 3.700 for some reason gives off a slightly different impression. I can't help it :/