M
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
i've got my old 1316 lab notebook if you want to have at itI never looked at them again. If I had my way, I would burn them.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
They are filed away in some box stored in the garage, gathering dust.
i've got my old 1316 lab notebook if you want to have at it
Oh dear, that would be nice. 😀 I spilled sulfuric acid (granted, it was diluted) all over mine, so I think I got some revenge at least.
Now I wish I could also walk by the 3rd floor of the BSB w/o being able to say "It smells like flynap!!" I swear I could smell flynap everywhere for at least 6 months after genetics lab was over.
Oh dear, that would be nice. 😀 I spilled sulfuric acid (granted, it was diluted) all over mine, so I think I got some revenge at least.
Now I wish I could also walk by the 3rd floor of the BSB w/o being able to say "It smells like flynap!!" I swear I could smell flynap everywhere for at least 6 months after genetics lab was over.
I hated the smell of flynap...as for lab notebooks I really want to toss mine away. I don't think I ever got the one for my Bio I lab back...
I used them to pad the bottom of my trash can.
At the end of each semester, I guiltily throw mine in the trash. Why? I know I will *never* look at them again.
W
Wizard of Oz
no--straight to the trash (and I was even a TA)
I used them to pad the bottom of my trash can.
sounds useful🙂
I can't seem to to throw away books with unused pages in them...so I used my chem lab notebook to take long useless bio notes last semester🙂
how do you think we started the end of the semester bonfires...
after a science class was over have you ever used your lab notebooks again for MCAT studying

after a science class was over have you ever used your lab notebooks again for MCAT studying, etc. or you never looked at it again?
Ha, I never even looked at lecture notes for MCAT studying, nevermind a lab notebook. When the time comes, get yourself some good study guides, and you'll be all set.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
i found all mine and was about to throw them all out knowing i would never use them again, when i looked through and saw how much i wrote and felt bad throwing them all out....😎 hopefully i'll just throw them out really soon
4
45408
I kept them, because I'm like that, but I haven't used them since.
after a science class was over have you ever used your lab notebooks again for MCAT studying, etc. or you never looked at it again?
what's the general trend regarding lab notbeooks?
is this ther right thread to be posting this in? if not my bad.
Undergraduate lab books are used to teach you how to maintain a lab book and how to record data, methods, etc. There really isn't any use for them beyond that.
My orgo professor required that we submit our lab notebooks to her at the end of the semester....she never gives them back.
I guess you couldn't sell them to an unsuspecting freshman then...
Our Orgo lab prof collected carbon copies out of our books, so if they wanted to, they could check for future cheating.
thedelicatessen
In Memory of Riley Jane
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I toss them but only after I skim through the stuff I wrote to remember how much I learned in lab. It's amazing how things that seemed so hard at the beginning seem so simple at the end. Aside from the sentimentality, I get quite a rush from getting rid of those old notebooks 🙂.
4
45408
Not if you take analytical chem lab at my school. That lab is very difficult. Most other labs are pretty simple, but the tedium really gets to me.I just bought a carbon(less) lab notebook for orgo, it was required.
I didn't know you guys hated lab so much LOL, they're easy as hell.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 16
- Views
- 3K