Undergrad Research... How Important is a Poster Presentation/Conferences?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

highlander11

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
What's up people,

I am currently doing some undergrad research analyzing how religion is playing a role in the receptivity to the COVID-19 vaccine in rural populations. I believe it has very real applications to medicine, specifically to healthcare and the way rural populations are approached. I will have obtained lots of valuable data from patients at rural clinics, questionares, and other primary, self-obtained sources.

My question is... how important is it to med schools that my research be presented at symposiums or conferences? I just want to gauge this before I put in lots of time and effort into a poster and conference applications. Are there any other outlets of promotion (publishing?) that I should adhere to?

Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

I am currently doing some undergrad research analyzing how religion is playing a role in the receptivity to the COVID-19 vaccine in rural populations. I believe it has very real applications to medicine, specifically to healthcare and the way rural populations are approached. I will have obtained lots of valuable data from patients at rural clinics, questionares, and other primary, self-obtained sources.

My question is... how important is it to med schools that my research be presented at symposiums or conferences? I just want to gauge this before I put in lots of time and effort into a poster and conference applications. Are there any other outlets of promotion (publishing?) that I should adhere to?
The research experience is the more important. Additional luster is accrued if your project undergoes peer review in a competitive process before being selected for regional or national presentation via poster or podium. A publication in a noncampus journal is even better.

Reactions: 1 user