Undergrad Research... How Important is a Poster Presentation/Conferences?

Jul 2, 2019
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
What's up people,

I am currently doing some undergrad research analyzing how religion is playing a role in the receptivity to the COVID-19 vaccine in rural populations. I believe it has very real applications to medicine, specifically to healthcare and the way rural populations are approached. I will have obtained lots of valuable data from patients at rural clinics, questionares, and other primary, self-obtained sources.

My question is... how important is it to med schools that my research be presented at symposiums or conferences? I just want to gauge this before I put in lots of time and effort into a poster and conference applications. Are there any other outlets of promotion (publishing?) that I should adhere to?

Thanks in advance!

Catalystik

The Gimlet Eye
10+ Year Member
Sep 4, 2006
The Other Side of the Portal
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
I am currently doing some undergrad research analyzing how religion is playing a role in the receptivity to the COVID-19 vaccine in rural populations. I believe it has very real applications to medicine, specifically to healthcare and the way rural populations are approached. I will have obtained lots of valuable data from patients at rural clinics, questionares, and other primary, self-obtained sources.

My question is... how important is it to med schools that my research be presented at symposiums or conferences? I just want to gauge this before I put in lots of time and effort into a poster and conference applications. Are there any other outlets of promotion (publishing?) that I should adhere to?
The research experience is the more important. Additional luster is accrued if your project undergoes peer review in a competitive process before being selected for regional or national presentation via poster or podium. A publication in a noncampus journal is even better.

Reactions: 1 user
About the Ads

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.