Undergrad universities with highest matriculation rate?

Which undergraduate universities have the highest matriculation rate/percentage for pre dental students into dental school?

Is there a website or ADEA data table that lists something like this? I want to go on to Dental school and I want to go to an undergrad that maximizes my chances of making it into Dental school.

Members don't see this ad.

Which undergraduate universities have the highest matriculation rate/percentage for pre dental students into dental school?

Is there a website or ADEA data table that lists something like this? I want to go on to Dental school and I want to go to an undergrad that maximizes my chances of making it into Dental school.
Not sure about a general table, but each school you're interested in should post matriculation rates on their website. You could probably make a chart yourself that is more personalized to the specific schools youre interested in. Try a google search for a more broad table haha

Honestly, I wouldn't worry about it too much. I know people that went to the small college in my hometown and got into great med schools, and people that went to great schools and didn't get in. It really depends on the applicant

Members don't see this ad :)

Auburn University has ~80% acceptance for students that go on to professional health programs. This covers medical, dental, and optometry so I don't know the exact number for just dentistry.

The problem with using a school's posted acceptance rates is that they can use any denominator.
For example, a school that only considers applicants that submitted a committee letter will be the used, even if they only write letters for the very best students.
Some schools only include applicants that respond to queries from the pre-health advisory office (thus invoking a bias toward successful candidates).

Correct me if I'm wrong too, but matriculation can only tell you so much-- it doesn't give you a sense of the attrition rate as well as how much is expected out of you. One school could have a really high matriculation rate but who knows how many of the original predents dropped in those four years?

Reactions: 1 user
Well, another thing you have to account for are same-state graduate feeder institutions that feed directly into graduate professional programs from the local undergraduate university. My university feeds over 70% of the medical students each matriculation cycle.