GloriousNyx
New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi!! Sorry if this thread is rather irrelevant but I need some help. I am a student from Singapore and would like to garner the opinions of you guys in hopes of helping me make a decision.
I am currently in my final year of a Diploma in Biomedical Science in Singapore, after having completed GCE O-Levels. My diploma has many modules on biology, chemistry and statistics ranging from immunology, biochemistry, physiology to organic and inorganic chemistry. I also have to go through many tests, exams and presentations. Many of the things that I learn are similar to that of the Cambridge A-Levels. Some of my exams are triple jumps. In order for me to enter an undergraduate medicine degree in the UK I would require a GPA of 3.94 and above on a 4 point scale. The only undergraduate medicine programs I stand a chance to enter are in the University of Adelaide (Australia) and University College Dublin (Ireland).
On the other hand, I am able to take a Bachelors degree in Biomedical Science in the UK and receive 2 years exemption. Hence, I would only need 2 years to complete a Bachelors in Biomedical Science, before applying for graduate entry into a United States, Canada, UK or Australia medical school.
Should I apply for an undergraduate program directly? Or do you guys think that taking the Bachelor's route gives me more options. IF I do get accepted into an undergraduate program and at the same time accepted to do the Bachelor's, should I just go for the undergraduate med program in Adelaide? Or take a Bachelor's and do an MD, or MBBS in Australia?
I am currently in my final year of a Diploma in Biomedical Science in Singapore, after having completed GCE O-Levels. My diploma has many modules on biology, chemistry and statistics ranging from immunology, biochemistry, physiology to organic and inorganic chemistry. I also have to go through many tests, exams and presentations. Many of the things that I learn are similar to that of the Cambridge A-Levels. Some of my exams are triple jumps. In order for me to enter an undergraduate medicine degree in the UK I would require a GPA of 3.94 and above on a 4 point scale. The only undergraduate medicine programs I stand a chance to enter are in the University of Adelaide (Australia) and University College Dublin (Ireland).
On the other hand, I am able to take a Bachelors degree in Biomedical Science in the UK and receive 2 years exemption. Hence, I would only need 2 years to complete a Bachelors in Biomedical Science, before applying for graduate entry into a United States, Canada, UK or Australia medical school.
Should I apply for an undergraduate program directly? Or do you guys think that taking the Bachelor's route gives me more options. IF I do get accepted into an undergraduate program and at the same time accepted to do the Bachelor's, should I just go for the undergraduate med program in Adelaide? Or take a Bachelor's and do an MD, or MBBS in Australia?