UNECOM vs ROWAN vs KYCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

marlanagt

Reaction score
I’m favoring Rowan and UNE over KYCOM. So mostly hoping for insight between Rowan and UNE. My understanding is that they are both good programs. One pro about UNE it is in New England which is where I would like to do residency. One pro about Rowan is that I would have free housing. I am an Alaska resident so no matter what I am paying out of state tuition. Would love insight and thoughts from applicants as well as existing medical students!

Members don't see this ad.

I’m favoring Rowan and UNE over KYCOM. So mostly hoping for insight between Rowan and UNE. My understanding is that they are both good programs. One pro about UNE it is in New England which is where I would like to do residency. One pro about Rowan is that I would have free housing. I am an Alaska resident so no matter what I am paying out of state tuition. Would love insight and thoughts from applicants as well as existing medical students!
Rowan SOM is about 30 minutes outside Philadelphia giving you access to greater research opportunities and one of the best cities for top rated hospitals & 4th year away rotations. UNE is at least 2 hours from Boston so less research opportunities available but should offer good away rotation opportunities in NE.

What’s the cost difference between Rowan and UNE?