Unfortunate error with AMCAS LORs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Miracle_Fruit

New Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all,

Here's the backstory:
- I submitted all of my letters of recommendation 6/10/2018.
- Received confirmation email from AMCAS stating they received all my letters.
- Submitted all secondaries end of August.
- Get an email today, saying that one of the letters was not received.
- Call AMCAS, and was told that there was an error in opening it. However, I did not receive notification of this until now.
- Resubmitted letters using Interfolio as that's the only thing I could do.
- Now my entire application is delayed.

How screwed am I?
 
Here's the backstory:
- I submitted all of my letters of recommendation 6/10/2018.
- Received confirmation email from AMCAS stating they received all my letters.
- Submitted all secondaries end of August.
- Get an email today, saying that one of the letters was not received.
- Call AMCAS, and was told that there was an error in opening it. However, I did not receive notification of this until now.
- Resubmitted letters using Interfolio as that's the only thing I could do.
- Now my entire application is delayed.

How screwed am I?
Many committee letters don't arrive until about now. Your application will be considered in a reasonably timely fashion.
 
Thank you SDN advisors. I have checked my applicant portals for several of my schools, and interestingly, they have marked my letters of evaluation as "complete." Nonetheless, I really appreciate your time and insight.