You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Unicorn Job Landed!!!!!
Started by kvl1027
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
So it would seem I have officially landed a Unicorn job. Excellent pay, M-F 9a-5p, great benefits package. Sterile compounding, call center handles customers and insurance issues. Can't wait to start in two weeks!!
Congrats! Give a little background about yourself and course of events to help those who are looking to replicate.
Glad to see a Fellow gator with a unicorn job landed!So it would seem I have officially landed a Unicorn job. Excellent pay, M-F 9a-5p, great benefits package. Sterile compounding, call center handles customers and insurance issues. Can't wait to start in two weeks!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats! Give a little background about yourself and course of events to help those who are looking to replicate.
Graduated from UF Class of 2010 with a slightly more advanced age than my colleagues.
I started working right away with an small independent chain. I have worked very hard to grow the compounding business within the chain and it is doing fairly well, all things considered. My goal was to obtain ownership of the business, but with the industry changing and MAC pricing killing all of the retail pharmacies I went seeking opportunities elsewhere.
I would say my knowledge of both sterile and non-sterile compounding, in particular with regard to the changing laws surrounded the compounding climate helped significantly. Aside from that, practically running the business side of the independent made me a good candidate.
Go Gators!Glad to see a Fellow gator with a unicorn job landed!
Totally not a unicorn job...unicorn jobs involve little to no dispensing duties.
No relativity among unicorn jobs i suppose
Can't believe you gave up on pharmacy ownership dream. You made me changed my mind about start up and instead I started looking for a good acquisition and I think I found the one. #Disappointed
Hmm, you don't know what a unicorn job is then.Totally not a unicorn job...unicorn jobs involve little to no dispensing duties.
Since when is 9-5 a unicorn job? I would hate those hours.
Unicorn job IMO, something like 12pm-3pm (start) - 8pm-11pm (end). Allows you to wake up late and go out late.
Unicorn job IMO, something like 12pm-3pm (start) - 8pm-11pm (end). Allows you to wake up late and go out late.
Since when is 9-5 a unicorn job? I would hate those hours.
Unicorn job IMO, something like 12pm-3pm (start) - 8pm-11pm (end). Allows you to wake up late and go out late.
I'd hate this schedule. The day would be toast.
And congrats to the OP, not a unicorn job IMO but who gives a **** if you're happy and well compensated every day.
I'd hate this schedule. The day would be toast.
And congrats to the OP, not a unicorn job IMO but who gives a **** if you're happy and well compensated every day.
You'd hate a 2nd shift schedule? I guess you don't really care about staying out in the city till 5AM in the morning and stumbling into bed at 6AM every night? I guess it's different in NYC compared to everywhere else. The only other place where I've been with comparable nightlife is Miami.
LA, Chicago, Houston, Dallas, most places were closed after 1-3AM. If it wasn't the weekend, they'd be dead even sooner, like 10PM-11PM.
You'd hate a 2nd shift schedule? I guess you don't really care about staying out in the city till 5AM in the morning and stumbling into bed at 6AM every night? I guess it's different in NYC compared to everywhere else. The only other place where I've been with comparable nightlife is Miami.
LA, Chicago, Houston, Dallas, most places were closed after 1-3AM. If it wasn't the weekend, they'd be dead even sooner, like 10PM-11PM.
maybe some people have families, and regular schedules? those hours would be horrible for them
Last time I was In NYC I was like 9 or 10. I did see the WTC. So that was pretty cool. But if I'm ever back there it sounds like Sparda is who to find for a night life scene. HahaYou'd hate a 2nd shift schedule? I guess you don't really care about staying out in the city till 5AM in the morning and stumbling into bed at 6AM every night? I guess it's different in NYC compared to everywhere else. The only other place where I've been with comparable nightlife is Miami.
LA, Chicago, Houston, Dallas, most places were closed after 1-3AM. If it wasn't the weekend, they'd be dead even sooner, like 10PM-11PM.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Last time I was In NYC I was like 9 or 10. I did see the WTC. So that was pretty cool. But if I'm ever back there it sounds like Sparda is who to find for a night life scene. Haha
I could probably help in recommending where to go, but I wouldn't be able to help you get in since I'd need help in getting those places too.
You don't know people who know people who know people??? LolI could probably help in recommending where to go, but I wouldn't be able to help you get in since I'd need help in getting those places too.
You'd hate a 2nd shift schedule? I guess you don't really care about staying out in the city till 5AM in the morning and stumbling into bed at 6AM every night? I guess it's different in NYC compared to everywhere else. The only other place where I've been with comparable nightlife is Miami.
LA, Chicago, Houston, Dallas, most places were closed after 1-3AM. If it wasn't the weekend, they'd be dead even sooner, like 10PM-11PM.
I spent like 10 years doing that. For my liver and longevity's sake I keep normal hours now and get my kicks shopping at Whole Foods, getting dinner via Postmates, and firing up Netflix.
My ideal schedule would be Monday-Thursday 0700-1730 with random days on and off here and there since running errands on a Tuesday at 10am = no lines/crowds
I guess if you're an alcoholic. You could always try DC where everywhere has a happy hour (which is more like 4 hours of happy hour). Caffeine and alcohol in alternating doses.You'd hate a 2nd shift schedule? I guess you don't really care about staying out in the city till 5AM in the morning and stumbling into bed at 6AM every night? I guess it's different in NYC compared to everywhere else. The only other place where I've been with comparable nightlife is Miami.
LA, Chicago, Houston, Dallas, most places were closed after 1-3AM. If it wasn't the weekend, they'd be dead even sooner, like 10PM-11PM.
I don't think there's a set definition of unicorn job.
So it would seem I have officially landed a Unicorn...
It's so fluffy I'm gonna die!
I had to...
I guess if you're an alcoholic. You could always try DC where everywhere has a happy hour (which is more like 4 hours of happy hour). Caffeine and alcohol in alternating doses.
Better yet just come to Baltimore where it's happy hour from open to close relative to NYC/DC prices.
Yeah the drinking/partying isn't really my thing.Better yet just come to Baltimore where it's happy hour from open to close relative to NYC/DC prices.
I guess if you're an alcoholic. You could always try DC where everywhere has a happy hour (which is more like 4 hours of happy hour). Caffeine and alcohol in alternating doses.
Actually I don't drink, but I do like partying.
Sorry- read into the "stumbling into bed" more than I should have.Actually I don't drink, but I do like partying.
So it would seem I have officially landed a Unicorn job. Excellent pay, M-F 9a-5p, great benefits package. Sterile compounding, call center handles customers and insurance issues. Can't wait to start in two weeks!!
I think it would be cool to have a unicorn...I don't think I'd like a job where I had to be a unicorn. I'd rather be a mime or a scary clown. Anyone know where I can get a scary clown job?
Halloween horrer nights at universal studios in Orlando. But that's only like September thru Halloween every year.I think it would be cool to have a unicorn...I don't think I'd like a job where I had to be a unicorn. I'd rather be a mime or a scary clown. Anyone know where I can get a scary clown job?
I think it would be cool to have a unicorn...I don't think I'd like a job where I had to be a unicorn. I'd rather be a mime or a scary clown. Anyone know where I can get a scary clown job?
I think Gacy's spot has been vacant for quite some time.
He was one scary mo foe IMO.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Can't believe you gave up on pharmacy ownership dream. You made me changed my mind about start up and instead I started looking for a good acquisition and I think I found the one. #Disappointed
I didn't give up!!!! Don't give up!!! This deals puts me in an equity position.
Thanks, I appreciate it. Their are minimal dispensing duties. Compounds are made and processed M-W, most of my duties are clinical and administrative. Developing SOPs, QA, etc. It's pretty "Unicorny" to me. Home for dinner, every weekend off, and great pay (better than retail) with large bonus, no insurance, no calls, just bliss...I'd hate this schedule. The day would be toast.
And congrats to the OP, not a unicorn job IMO but who gives a **** if you're happy and well compensated every day.
Halloween horrer nights at universal studios in Orlando. But that's only like September thru Halloween every year.
I know someone who would be perfect for that role!
They have to go to auditions. LolI know someone who would be perfect for that role!
Thanks, I appreciate it. Their are minimal dispensing duties. Compounds are made and processed M-W, most of my duties are clinical and administrative. Developing SOPs, QA, etc. It's pretty "Unicorny" to me. Home for dinner, every weekend off, and great pay (better than retail) with large bonus, no insurance, no calls, just bliss...
Very nice, very unicorny. But you must throw in "occasionally makes pharmacy students cry" in order to be a full blooded unicorn.
IMHO of course, haha. Cheers to you again.
Very nice, very unicorny. But you must throw in "occasionally makes pharmacy students cry" in order to be a full blooded unicorn.
IMHO of course, haha. Cheers to you again.
I have already talked to UF to get some students scheduled. At my previous job I never got enough students because of the location. Now, I'll be in a major metro and the students will flow like the salmon of Capistrano!
what exactly is a unicorn job? If you really want to avoid retail, and go into hospital or clinical, even with residency, is it becoming difficult to find jobs? Sorry if I sound naive, but I'm graduating this year and don't have very much knowledge of the current job market/situation except that getting intern jobs are hard as hell.