Unique situation, unsure what to do..

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nathanz67

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I believe the lab component is required as part of the prerequesites, and general advice is to retake anything below a C in prereqs

I would see whether you can take the labs in a summer extension

Labs are usually required regardless of what your incoming university decided. Graduation requirements do not equal med school prereqs. Go look through the list of prereqs and make your decision based on those requirements. I had a similar situation and ended up retaking those classes. Believe it or not it can help ease MCAT prep to go back and brush up, so take the opportunity to sharpen your skills with an MCAT prep book along side the course work. GL!

Members don't see this ad :)
You can also look at schools near where you live to see if they offer summer lab courses. At my college, lab courses were offered separately. Would be a shame to repeat all of those courses just for lab, with the exception of the ones that you performed poorly in (repeat those!).

Take lab component separately for the courses you did well in.

Repeat the bio2 and redeem your grade because DO have grade replacement policy that could work in your favor.

AMCAS will evaluate you based on the transcripts where you took the courses, not where they transferred.

So you will need to find a way to take the labs separately, or repeat the courses. You should retake Bio 2 regardless so you have a usable prerequisite course.

Reactions: 1 user