United Kingdom away rotation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cyanocobalamin

M4
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What are some good places to do an away rotation in the United Kingdom (for an American medical student)..

Members don't see this ad.

I'm going to King's College in London for a month in April--they're the largest medical education institution in Britain, so I might start looking there. That said, you should check with your med school's international med office to see if they have reciprocity with any schools in the UK, which makes the process *much* easier.

King's College London is the best bet for most students I'd think, as they're accustomed to accepting a large number of international med students. I'd start working on it soon, though--it took me the better part of last year to make all of the arrangements, and the whole process was very involved (the application, fees, immunization forms, finding accomodations, etc.). Also, KCL's application deadline for rotations during 2005-06 is early (April 1st). That said, the staff is really helpful and they've got every specialty rotation under the sun to offer. Their medical elective website is:

http://www.kcl.ac.uk/ip/rachelharnett/electives.html

Hope this is helpful!

Does anybody know whether it is possible for osteopathic students to do these away rotations?