Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My undergrad institution did classes thusly: A "credit" or "unit" was essentially one hour of class per week for a semester. The standard 3hr/week class was 3 credits. In my experience this seems to be the most common system. Some places do quarters instead of semesters - this is easy, they give you a formula for turning semester credits into quarter credits.
But I took a couple classes post-bacc just for fun while I was working at UPenn. In Penn's system, the standard 3hr/week/semester class is *one* unit. So while I actually took four 3hr/week classes, my transcript says I have 4 units. I wouldn't care about it looking like four "normal" credits - I have more than enough undergrad credits - but one of the classes I took (physiology) is a prereq for some schools, notably Davis which is my in-state.
So my question for people who have gone through an application cycle is, is there a way to specify on VMCAS what kind of credit system each of your institutions used? Or do I just have to hope they figure it out correctly?
But I took a couple classes post-bacc just for fun while I was working at UPenn. In Penn's system, the standard 3hr/week/semester class is *one* unit. So while I actually took four 3hr/week classes, my transcript says I have 4 units. I wouldn't care about it looking like four "normal" credits - I have more than enough undergrad credits - but one of the classes I took (physiology) is a prereq for some schools, notably Davis which is my in-state.
So my question for people who have gone through an application cycle is, is there a way to specify on VMCAS what kind of credit system each of your institutions used? Or do I just have to hope they figure it out correctly?