Univ of Louisville IM Program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dochubert

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if they accept US-IMG's anymore? I looked on scutwork and a post back in 2000 said that they did not. I tried to look at their current residents, but it kept saying there was an arror on the page.
While I am asking, does anyone have any input about this program for someone who will probably want to specialize although not sure what field yet.

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

dochubert said:
Does anyone know if they accept US-IMG's anymore? I looked on scutwork and a post back in 2000 said that they did not. I tried to look at their current residents, but it kept saying there was an arror on the page.
While I am asking, does anyone have any input about this program for someone who will probably want to specialize although not sure what field yet.

Thanks.

Yes they do. I am a prelim medicine here and there are some in my class. Of course I do not know if this will change for the 2005 match or not.

When I interviewed there, there were quite a few US-IMG's (seemed like the majority of residents I met, actually) in the IM program at Louisville.

Machiavelli said:
When I interviewed there, there were quite a few US-IMG's (seemed like the majority of residents I met, actually) in the IM program at Louisville.

I don't know about the upper level residents, but in my class there are less than 10 out of the 34 or so including the prelims. There are a couple of US-IMG's or FMG's that are prelims doing neurology, and the rest are categorical.