University at Buffalo - SUNY

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi everyone. I'm new here and I just wanted to ask the people who received an interview, how long did it take for Buffalo to email you about an interview after they've received your application?

Members don't see this ad.

I got my interview offer 15 days after PharmCAS verified my application/Buffalo sent me an email that they received my application.

They offered me an interview but the date is marked as #ERROR#.
Did this happen to anyone else?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi. For those who flew from California to SUNY for the interview, did the interview day last all the way until 4:30p? I was hoping to fly out the same night; but it seems like the latest flight out of buffalo to LAX is 5:45p. What do you guys recommend?

Hi. For those who flew from California to SUNY for the interview, did the interview day last all the way until 4:30p? I was hoping to fly out the same night; but it seems like the latest flight out of buffalo to LAX is 5:45p. What do you guys recommend?
So I personally had a bad experience because I was using the airport shuttle from Holiday Inn. My flight to Oakland was at 5:55 pm and even though the interview day wraps up around 3:30 I missed my flight because the shuttle driver from Holiday Inn was late. I think it's totally doable though as long as you bring your luggage with you to the school (a few people did that and they were really nice about it) and get a taxi to pick you up. The airport is only 10-15 minutes away and it's not a very busy airport so security doesn't take a while either.

If you want to make a flight that night, I suggest the airport taxi service here in Buffalo if the hotel shuttle is unreliable

http://www.buffaloairporttaxi.com/

I have used them 4 or 5 times in the past. You can call them ahead of time and they have always arrived early for the time I requested.

HI everyone
I have a question about how long did it take the school to email you about an interview after they have received all your material for application?

I had interview on 25th and got the acceptance letter today.

Congrats! I have my interview on Friday. Did they send the acceptance letter via email or actual snail mail?

I had interview on 25th and got the acceptance letter today.

Congrats on your acceptance! I'm scheduled to interview this Friday. Can you tell me the schedule of the day? How many interviews, group presentation, tour... Thanks for the help!

Acceptance offer was through email.

After we checked in, the admissions director gave a presentation on the school. Then we had roughly 15 minutes to do a writing sample on a prompt. The entire group was split into 3 smaller groups where we took turns a) interviewing b) went on a walking tour of Kapoor Hall with student ambassadors and c) group discussion/presentation led by student ambassadors. Each of these were 40 minutes long.

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed on Friday (2/1) and got accepted today! It is definitely one of my top choices, and I am 90% sure I'll be attending here in the fall. One thing I'm confused about is that my interview ended at 4, and they emailed me this morning at 4:35am. Do they meet over the weekend or something? :confused:

I interviewed on Friday (2/1) and got accepted today! It is definitely one of my top choices, and I am 90% sure I'll be attending here in the fall. One thing I'm confused about is that my interview ended at 4, and they emailed me this morning at 4:35am. Do they meet over the weekend or something? :confused:

Congratz! Do you mind sharing your interview experience? I have one this Friday. What kind of questions do they ask. Thank you!

Congratz! Do you mind sharing your interview experience? I have one this Friday. What kind of questions do they ask. Thank you!

Acceptance offer was through email.

After we checked in, the admissions director gave a presentation on the school. Then we had roughly 15 minutes to do a writing sample on a prompt. The entire group was split into 3 smaller groups where we took turns a) interviewing b) went on a walking tour of Kapoor Hall with student ambassadors and c) group discussion/presentation led by student ambassadors. Each of these were 40 minutes long.

^This. They asked a lot of questions on past experiences, like name a time you had to deliver bad news and how you responded, or a time you stood up for something you thought was right. It wasn't the typical why pharmacy, what are your strengths and weaknesses, etc. My interviewers were super friendly though, and so were the students and staff. Also, do any of you accepted folks know where you will be living next year? Or if you're bringing a car?

^This. They asked a lot of questions on past experiences, like name a time you had to deliver bad news and how you responded, or a time you stood up for something you thought was right. It wasn't the typical why pharmacy, what are your strengths and weaknesses, etc. My interviewers were super friendly though, and so were the students and staff. Also, do any of you accepted folks know where you will be living next year? Or if you're bringing a car?

During my interview, a current pharmacy student told us to definitely live off campus. Housing is incredibly cheap in Buffalo and renting a place would be much cheaper than dorming. She told us to look on Craigslist for apartments. Also, once you accept the offer of admission, they send you an email which includes this:

"Get a Car – Transportation Policy
UB SoPPS requires all doctor of pharmacy program (PharmD) students to have their own transportation. The school cannot guarantee that students will be placed in clinical rotation sites within UB transportation. Therefore, as a student, you will be responsible for providing your own transportation throughout all four professional years."

Thank you for that. I'm considering just renting a zipcar and using it when necessary. Are you definitely going to UB, koldsoup? Also, where are you from? :)

Thanks a loottt!

Thank you for that. I'm considering just renting a zipcar and using it when necessary. Are you definitely going to UB, koldsoup? Also, where are you from? :)

I'm definitely attending! I'm from NYC, you?

Also, I looked up the zipcars in the area. They seem to be parked in North Campus while Kapoor Hall is in South Campus. Sure there are shuttles that take you between the two, but I find it rather inconvenient to have to pick up and drop off the car there.

I'm from NYC too! Queens :) Can't wait to meet you in the Fall then! I have my driver's license but I don't drive since NYC has such great public transportation. Guess I better brush up on driving over the summer and figure out the car situation.

So I personally had a bad experience because I was using the airport shuttle from Holiday Inn. My flight to Oakland was at 5:55 pm and even though the interview day wraps up around 3:30 I missed my flight because the shuttle driver from Holiday Inn was late. I think it's totally doable though as long as you bring your luggage with you to the school (a few people did that and they were really nice about it) and get a taxi to pick you up. The airport is only 10-15 minutes away and it's not a very busy airport so security doesn't take a while either.

Thanks munchk1n for your help!

Received an invite to interview today for March 1. Anyone else? I'm in South Florida and own practically NO cold weather clothes. Hope there's not a lot of walking around outside :eek::eek::eek:

I havent received an interview yet but I submitted the supplemental the feb 8th. Should I hear soon about an interview? What if I am not going to be available the day that they tell me the interview is?

Any other californians out there considering or planning to attend Buffalo?

If anyone has any specific questions about UB, the program, the Buffalo area etc, I am currently a P1 in the program (applied after finishing a chemistry bachelor's) and am here to answer any questions!

If anyone has any specific questions about UB, the program, the Buffalo area etc, I am currently a P1 in the program (applied after finishing a chemistry bachelor's) and am here to answer any questions!

i am applying through pharmcas and i sent in my supplemental information and everything has been received feb 8th. if they were going to offer me an interview soon how many days in advance would they tell me before the date of the interview?

i am applying through pharmcas and i sent in my supplemental information and everything has been received feb 8th. if they were going to offer me an interview soon how many days in advance would they tell me before the date of the interview?

They received my application November 21st and told me on December 15th that I had an interview on January 25th (which I changed to the February 2nd date). 3 days later I received my acceptance letter through email, hope that helps!

Oh okayy because I still havent heard anything and I was making plans to not be in buffalo the first weekend of march which I believe there is an interview date on, but I am worried they are going to inform me of an interview the week of the interview and not be able to make it. I could always reschedule it for the next one correct? Or would that not be advisable since its the last rounds of interviews?

Oh okayy because I still havent heard anything and I was making plans to not be in buffalo the first weekend of march which I believe there is an interview date on, but I am worried they are going to inform me of an interview the week of the interview and not be able to make it. I could always reschedule it for the next one correct? Or would that not be advisable since its the last rounds of interviews?

I can ask someone in the admissions office for you how far in advance they would notify you.

I am worried about my decision. I know usually you hear the monday after and I did not receive anything today...is it a sign i am waitlisted? anybody who interviewed this past friday hear anything already?

I interviewed on March 1st as well and have not received an email. I'm guessing it may be since we are the last batch of interviews?

I interviewed this past friday also. Give them time it usually takes a couple of days since they may be doing their final assessment

I interviewed this past friday also. Give them time it usually takes a couple of days since they may be doing their final assessment

Okay thanks alot Im glad im not the only one waiting...i was just concerned bc i know usually the monday after a decision has already been made but makes sense that since this is the last batch it may take a little longer...the wait is killing me though

Yeah I'm assuming they don't have many seats left at this point so now they really have to narrow it down and have to be very selective, but good luck to you both! Let me know how it goes!

Okay thanks alot Im glad im not the only one waiting...i was just concerned bc i know usually the monday after a decision has already been made but makes sense that since this is the last batch it may take a little longer...the wait is killing me though
I got waitlisted, any of you hear back?

no i havent heard anything...do you know anyone whos gotten accepted from the friday interview?

no i havent heard anything...do you know anyone whos gotten accepted from the friday interview?
I'm not sure if they even had any seats left by that day.. If not then all they could do is waitlist, but I'm not sure how many seats they could have given

oh but then it wouldnt really make sense why it is taking this long if they are going to waitlist everyone. And I haven't received anything from them and I go here.

Is there any more interview coming up? Or thats it? please respond

Is it true that the cost of attendance for the first year is the same as undergraduate?

Is it true that the cost of attendance for the first year is the same as undergraduate?

Not any longer, this year was the first academic year they began charging graduate tuition for P1 year. This was mainly due to the curriculum change. In the old curriculum you took more basic courses in P1 year, and now we take all graduate pharmacy level ones during the first year.

http://studentaccounts.buffalo.edu/tuition/spring.php

Did anyone heard from UB after being placed on waiting list, thanks.

I did and I'm planning on rejecting the offer. I'm settled on moving to Maryland and it's a little too late to change. :(

Hey, that's nice that you have already made your mind. Did you get accepted at university of Maryland Baltimore, I'm also waitlisted at that school too. I think I'm in top 10 on waiting list. If for some reason I get accepted to both schools, UB & UMB, I would definitely chose UMB because of their program.

Yeah I heard back from university of maryland first. I really liked buffalo though. I'm still confused where I should go. Haven't declined my seat at buffalo yet. I had a horrible experience with the admissions with UM, which makes me want to go to buffalo. But I already signed an apt lease in maryland :'(