University of Alberta Pharmacy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I just received my acceptance letter last friday~~~~ just sent the confirmation letter bak to U of A on sunday and now im waiting for the welcome package!!:p

Members don't see this ad.

my gpa is 3.8/4.33(82% in UBC scale)
what do you think of that...is it that high enough u'r talking about or no:D

i need ur honest opinion based on ur own gpa.

thnx really appreciate it.:thumbup:

Honestly it is kind of low. Mine was 3.55/4.0 last year and I got rejected. This year my GPA is about 3.58-3.6 (not sure) and I am waiting to be rejected too.

When I initially read your post, I took your 3.8 GPA to be on a 4.0 scale. But since you have indicated now that its on a 4.33 scale, I would say you are on the marginal level. If you can bump that up to 4.0 on a 4.33 scale, you should be well set.

And for the last time to all, I AM AN OUT-OF-PROVINCE STUDENT WHO GOT HIS ACCEPTANCE LETTER LAST WEEK, so yes, out-of-province students have heard from U of A already (Some of you need to brush up your reading skills badly ;) ).

Members don't see this ad :)
Honestly it is kind of low. Mine was 3.55/4.0 last year and I got rejected. This year my GPA is about 3.58-3.6 (not sure) and I am waiting to be rejected too.

i hope u dont get rejected so i will still have hopes:D

honestly the competetive GPA is too high like the med school...:eek:

When I initially read your post, I took your 3.8 GPA to be on a 4.0 scale. But since you have indicated now that its on a 4.33 scale, I would say you are on the marginal level. If you can bump that up to 4.0 on a 4.33 scale, you should be well set.

And for the last time to all, I AM AN OUT-OF-PROVINCE STUDENT WHO GOT HIS ACCEPTANCE LETTER LAST WEEK, so yes, out-of-province students have heard from U of A already (Some of you need to brush up your reading skills badly ;) ).

i've only taken 23 credits now and i still have to take more course to make up to 60 credits for my 2 years. i should really bump it up with those remaining courses to about 3.9ish out of 4.33 becasue 4 is really out of my hand:oops:

I think it'd be easiest if you calculated you current GPA using the UofA scale (ie. A+ = 4.0, A = 4.0, A- = 3.7, etc.), since that's the way the UofA will be calculating your score. Coming from UBC, you won't have to worry about them scaling down your grades to create parity (yes, it does happen).

With that calculated GPA, I think you'd get a better idea of where you fit in, in terms of your marks.

If you get a couple of A's and A+'s, it should make your GPA even higher (since it counts as a perfect mark). This is the reason why I'm applying to Alberta next year :laugh:

Since no one answered my previous question;
Did anyone get rejected with a stellar GPA? since there was a post that said UofA places a large emphasis on GPA.

Since no one answered my previous question;
Did anyone get rejected with a stellar GPA? since there was a post that said UofA places a large emphasis on GPA.

well since nobody has answered, i assume everybody got in with a stellar GPA.

Hey guyss i know acceptances went out a while ago.......
but has anyone gottin any offical rejection letters yet? i called UofA but they didnt let me know
so let me know if you have !

anyone hear ANYTHING back about waitlists yet ??????????

I haven't heard anything yet...what is with that? Does that mean I've been wait-listed? I do know of one person who received a rejection letter at the beginning of June, so some rejections have gone out.

anyone hear ANYTHING back about waitlists yet ??????????

From what I understand and hear from students that have got in off the waitlist, there is no notification if you're on the waitlist. You simply don't get an acceptance letter or a rejection letter, and BearTracks still has your application as "Decision Pending". I know some people that got in last year and the year before that didn't find out until August. Alse, the deadline for submitting your confirmation of admission/attendance letter was on the 13th.

I haven't heard anything yet...what is with that? Does that mean I've been wait-listed? I do know of one person who received a rejection letter at the beginning of June, so some rejections have gone out.

I thought the committee didn't get together until June 25? Or am I missing something?

Members don't see this ad :)
From what I understand and hear from students that have got in off the waitlist, there is no notification if you're on the waitlist. You simply don't get an acceptance letter or a rejection letter, and BearTracks still has your application as "Decision Pending". I know some people that got in last year and the year before that didn't find out until August. Alse, the deadline for submitting your confirmation of admission/attendance letter was on the 13th.

I thought the committee didn't get together until June 25? Or am I missing something?

I also thought this...needless to say my boyfriend wasn't too happy when he opened the envelope, as he had no idea it was a rejection letter.

hey has anyone receive the welcome/registration package yet? i dont want to quit my job until im certain that im registered for classes but i have to give my notice soon if i were to quit and go to school in edmonton...:scared:

hey has anyone receive the welcome/registration package yet? i dont want to quit my job until im certain that im registered for classes but i have to give my notice soon if i were to quit and go to school in edmonton...:scared:

I just got mine in the mail. It's been about 2 weeks since I sent in my confirmation of acceptance.

Originally Posted by UATL
From what I understand and hear from students that have got in off the waitlist, there is no notification if you're on the waitlist. You simply don't get an acceptance letter or a rejection letter, and BearTracks still has your application as "Decision Pending".

Bear Tracks still has my applicaton status as " decision pending" and i have not heard anything from UofA as of July 17
so does this mean that I am waitlisted!!!!!
this is sooo annoying!!!! I wish they would just tell me something so that i can make actual plans for september

Hey I emailed Gladys at UofA twice but she did not email me back
and then I also called by all they told me was they will " look into it" and "cant say anything at this time"

Are any of you still waiting to hear from Uof A?
please lemme know
thanks

Hey I emailed Gladys at UofA twice but she did not email me back
and then I also called by all they told me was they will " look into it" and "cant say anything at this time"

Are any of you still waiting to hear from Uof A?
please lemme know
thanks
Yup! Same responses here. Really quite weird. Not the most communicative bunch over there.. :(

Do you guys ever think of going straight to Gladys'office and ask her, of course if you live in Edmonton?:D

I live in BC so i guess the only thing i can do is wait
Seveneighty are u from out of province as well?
let me know if you hear anything
Thanks

Hello everyone
just wanted to say that i got my rejection letter in the mail today
which sucks :(
apparently all 130 seats at UofA are now OFFICAILLY filled
so i guess that means i was on a waitlist of some kind afterall

good luck to the rest of you!!!!!!!

apparently all 130 seats at UofA are now OFFICAILLY filled
Is this a fact? Just wondering where you heard it.. I don't think all the seats are "officially" filled until the first week of September or so.

Is this a fact? Just wondering where you heard it.. I don't think all the seats are "officially" filled until the first week of September or so.

I don't think all the seats are "officially" filled yet. I know someone that just got accepted a few days ago and hasn't sent in the letter of confirmation yet. Without it, I don't think they can say they're "officially" filled yet.

i dunno if they are OFFICALLY filled
my letter just said they were all filled
and then i called the school up and she said something like " all the seats are now Offically filled " maybe she just said it to make me feel better ??? again i dunno UOFA sucks !!!!! ( lol im just bitter )
so im not to0 sure
call and find out!!!

i dunno if they are OFFICALLY filled
my letter just said they were all filled
and then i called the school up and she said something like " all the seats are now Offically filled " maybe she just said it to make me feel better ??? again i dunno UOFA sucks !!!!! ( lol im just bitter )
so im not to0 sure
call and find out!!!

Last year when I was rejected, Gladys told me the same thing. I got the rejetion letter early in July. She said the reason was simply that my profile was not as competitive as other applicants. This year I guess I am on the wait list, as of now July 25th I have not heard anything from the school yet, and my Bear track status is still "decision pending".
For the "seats are officially filled up", I checked the Bearscat class registering system, as of today July 25 there are still 54 seats available (almost half of the quota).

I was told that I can expect to hear something either by the end of this week or early next week. My guess is I'll remain on the waitlist until September, like last year. But I don't think they'll tell me that directly. :cool:

sorry to hear that you still dont know whether you are going to be going to school in sept. the wait must be killing you. but for those who are accepted, who still hasnt got their registration package yet? i just got the calender in the mail yesterday but thats pretty much useless. did you guys receive specific registration info?

Any news yet, guys?:sleep:

Nothing since my last post. Try emailing or calling Gladys, ask when you can expect to hear something..

running out of patience!!!! anyone any news?

Hey guys,
I emailed Gladys this morning. She said that everything should be finalized in mid August. Two more weeks to go!:eek:

Hey to you guys who got the offer from the Faculty in the 1st round (I mean around early July), when is the deadline for accepting/declining the offer ? Is it in mid July?

mine was the 13th or 14th of July~ I dont know whats taking them so long to get back to you guys :confused:

Hey to you guys who got the offer from the Faculty in the 1st round (I mean around early July), when is the deadline for accepting/declining the offer ? Is it in mid July?

Haha, I like how you called it the first round. My girlfriend jokes about me being a 1st round draft pick of the faculty lol.

It was about a week after I received the letter so everybody would definately have replied by now (from the original selection).

mid august i am still waiting, anyone else?

Yup, still waiting.
It'd be nice if they could provide some sort of email updates to people still on the wait list.. this is kinda crazy.

Yup, still waiting.
It'd be nice if they could provide some sort of email updates to people still on the wait list.. this is kinda crazy.

According to what Gladys told me in email, they dont actually have a waitlist. They just repeat the whole process again like the first round, and pick up the most competitive candidates.
Anywayz I am still waiting also. And I think this process is stupid.

You would think that the first time around they would have ranked everyone and then as soon as someone sent back a "not attending" reply they would send out an admittance letter to person #131 on their list, etc. So how many people are they still considering?!? 500?!? I guess it was a little premature of me getting excited that I was on the "waitlist"

Oh my god I finally got a letter in the mail!!!

..it's just another bill of course. Why, what did you think it was? :rolleyes:

Hey you guys, guess what? I'm in!!! :D
Gladys phoned me this afternoon and told me that my application got accepted. I'll come by and see her tomorrow about the paperwork.
Yeah yeah yeah!!:hardy:

Gladys phoned me this afternoon and told me that my application got accepted. I'll come by and see her tomorrow about the paperwork.

Congrats! Persistence pays off (I know you applied last year too). I hope Seveneighty gets the good news soon as well.

Congrats! Persistence pays off (I know you applied last year too). I hope Seveneighty gets the good news soon as well.

Thank you guys! I wish best luck to Seveneighty so that we will be classmates ;)

Congrats! Wow, you don't know how jealous I am.
It would be great to be one of your classmates this year.. but miracles don't happen to me too often. To be accepted at this point would indeed be a miracle -- but stranger things have happened, right?

Enjoy the rest of your summer because its gonna be a tough year ... you lucky duckies. :cool:

Congratulations mate, I was wondering what your overall and pre-req GPA was.

Hi all, just discovered this forum so I thought I'd add my two cents on the U of A admissions runaround.

I've been out of the country so I was compulsively checking beartracks...but still had/have "decision pending" (how I hate those words!), didn't get anything in the mail either. When I got back to Vancouver in mid Aug, I emailed Gladys...no reply. I also phoned and got an answering machine. Finally got through to Gladys and was told my application "was not accepted" (this was on Monday). So obviously I didn't get in, but I can't believe they don't INFORM you that you haven't been accepted!!! Still haven't gotten an official rejection letter, nor is it up on beartracks (*hoping I'm on the waitlist*).

It sounds like some people got rejection letters already? But not others?

Just in case anyone asks: I'm out of province, have a BSc in microbiology and immunology from UBC and my UBC average is 86% (which I think translates to 4.0/4.0?). And yet I was rejected ;)guess there were at least 130 students with better GPAs!!

I seriously can't believe they can get away with just not telling peole "hey by the way you didn't get in"!!

(sorry this is such a long post)

Congrats on your acceptance. From what I gather this was your 2nd time applying, did your application improve since the first time? (GPA, extracurriculars etc?). I thinking of applying to UBC for Sept 08, but I'm wondering if I should reapply to U of A just for the hell of it (my GPA won't improve since I've graduated, but I will try and do some more volunteering etc)

Congrats again (jealous!)