University of Appalachia School of Pharmacy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hey everyone! Congratulations on the interviews and acceptances. I'm having my interview on April 18th, is anyone arriving at TRI and wants to carpool? I have a morning interview scheduled. PM me if you're interested.

Good luck to you Ichinose83 and everyone. I am having my interview on 4/25, which is just a week after Ichinose83. Any hints gangs? Thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everyone! I am interviewing 4/18 in the morning. planning to drive about 7 hours to get there. and the nearest airport is 2+ hours away.

I am nervous. This is a pretty late interview, I don't know what my chances are.

Hey everyone! I am interviewing 4/18 in the morning. planning to drive about 7 hours to get there. and the nearest airport is 2+ hours away.

I am nervous. This is a pretty late interview, I don't know what my chances are.

Congratulations! I'm hoping for an interview invitation still. Did someone call you or email you?

Last edited:
Dreamer57,

I was notified by email. I don't know how I feel about this school not being accredited. Oh well. Let's see how it goes!

After a long waiting process, I decided that ETSU was a better fit. I'll be rescinding my offer tomorrow:oops:

I'd love to be in that position lol..

ETSU updated their stuff today... no more seats available.

A common mistake some people make in driving in the mountains is using GPS or MapQuest instead of sticking to the main road maps. In the mountains, the larger roads follow river valleys or cross mountains in natural gaps while the backroads are shorter on paper but many times are very narrow and twisting, thus the bad driving experience for visitors that are not accustomed to such roads. Never travel in the mountains (Appalachian, Rockies or any others) via GPS or Mapquest, always get a road atlas or state road map and stick to the four lanes, etc. ACP has on its website homepage how to get to the school and warnings not to use GPS, etc. :laugh:Mountains are those high pieces of steep rock and dirt with trees and crooked roads on them, go around them when possible along the wider paved roads.

Hey folks! Anyone want to share a two-bed motel at the Comfort Inn with me. Since I'm booking for a one two-bed place I wanted to see if anyone wanted to split with me for just that night? PM please.

I got an interview at ACP on April 18th, and got my letter today on April 28th. The letter dated April 24th. They're so quick on deciding your status. See you guys in August !

Congrat AznLittleChicken !!! Great job. I just had the interview 3 days ago; so, I have another week to wait. So anxious. Hope to see you in August; if not then August next year. :D

Congrat AznLittleChicken !!! Great job. I just had the interview 3 days ago; so, I have another week to wait. So anxious. Hope to see you in August; if not then August next year. :D

Thank you !!! I'm so happy !!! Yup, you'll get your letter about a week and a half after your interview ... Good luck to you ! See you in August !

By the way, anyone that got accepted is concerned about the private loans? Do you know when should we start filling out the applications? I know the tuition is 32K per year ... and I heard about that you need to pay monthly interest while in school. Does that worry you?

Last edited:
Thank you !!! I'm so happy !!! Yup, you'll get your letter about a week and a half after your interview ... Good luck to you ! See you in August !

By the way, anyone that got accepted is concerned about the private loans? Do you know when should we start filling out the applications? I know the tuition is 32K per year ... and I heard about that you need to pay monthly interest while in school. Does that worry you?

yeah it worries me!! haha I started mine about two weeks ago. I figure it's just part of the fun. ;)

congrats btw. Look forward to meeting you in Aug.

This school is a ****ing embarrassment. It is a stand alone school with no credible research programs whatsoever (if they even have any) and you are stuck in the middle of nowhere. Stand alone schools get little respect from employers and any credible drug company. I don't know if they offer dual-degree programs but if they do they are not worth pursuing due to the fact that this is school that was started on the middle of nowhere just few years ago so an MBA or a PhD from them is just worthless at best. It is disappointing that you even consider this school. Just the fact that they except people with 50 PCATs is a disgrace and will really exemplify the crappy pharmacists that this school will provide. I can't wait for the first class to graduate and not receive any job opportunities from any credible companies.
I have been working on getting into this school as well and if you would do the research you would see that the first class graduated in 2008 and had a 96% pass rate on the boards *first time* and as for your employment statements, their statistics show a 100% employment status with very credible companies for all of their graduates. You may want to research before you go ranting about things you are obviously uneducated about.

Anyone have any information about the class size for this Fall 2009 and the typical drop out rate?

somewhere in the high 60's if I remember correctly. I think about 3 people have dropped out that started in fall 08. ... again if my memory is working correctly.

hey, i wanted to find out what banks you applied ith for the school loan triumphbr

hey, i wanted to find out what banks you applied ith for the school loan triumphbr

I am local to the area and do my normal banking with New Peoples Bank. They are one of the ones listed on the ACP site for loans.

Honestly, I think there are better options, but in my case my neighbor is also my loan officer so it works out good for me.

I have heard that eastman credit union is good... but then I have heard that they are not doing many student loans right now either.

Sallie Mae is also listed on their site. I have no experience with them at all.

I figure if I am going to owe somebody a ton of money I may as well be able to walk in and complain about it every week when I am doing my normal banking hahaa!

Hey guys! I will be attending ACP this fall and I am in the process of securing a loan. The funny thing is I contacted the credit union the school names as one of the possibilities and the loan officer doesn't seem very enthusiastic about giving out loans. Aren't they in business to give loans??? I guess sitting on government bail out money is better than actually doing something with it. If I can draw enough blood from my arm I should be able to sign on the dotted line...lol. Anyway, I look forward to meeting everyone in August......enjoy the 4th!