University of Arizona C/O 2027 Hopefuls

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
My portal just updated today to say :

We have received your VMCAS application and supplemental application. Your application is currently being reviewed for an Multiple Mini Interview (MMI) invite. MMI invites will be sent starting in the middle of October to February 2023.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Officially joined MMI waitlist crew this morning 🫡

Members don't see this ad :)
Me too:/ does anyone know someone who had success getting off the waitlist?
Last year, I was put on the MMI waitlist. Three weeks later I was invited for an interview, then eventually placed on the waitlist for admission. If this year follows the same process as last year, I wouldn’t lose hope. Once they began sending out interview invites, they continued to review applications on the MMI waitlist every week, and decided who they wanted to invite based on those weekly reviews. They usually sent out a new round of interview invites weekly until about January. Last year, some people were even placed on the MMI waitlist, then invited to an interview that very same day.

Again, this is based off of my experience from last years application cycle. I’m not sure if they have decided to change their process in anyway this year.

Reactions: 2 users
Last year, I was put on the MMI waitlist. Three weeks later I was invited for an interview, then eventually placed on the waitlist for admission. If this year follows the same process as last year, I wouldn’t lose hope. Once they began sending out interview invites, they continued to review applications on the MMI waitlist every week, and decided who they wanted to invite based on those weekly reviews. They usually sent out a new round of interview invites weekly until about January. Last year, some people were even placed on the MMI waitlist, then invited to an interview that very same day.

Again, this is based off of my experience from last years application cycle. I’m not sure if they have decided to change their process in anyway this year.
Thank you for sharing! Are you a current student? Or applying again? If you don’t mind me asking

Reactions: 1 user
Thank you for sharing! Are you a current student? Or applying again? If you don’t mind me asking
Of course! I’m applying again. During my application review, they said there was barely any movement on their waitlist. I believe they said less than 10 people or so actually came off the waitlist 🥲 apparently that was unusual for them, since years prior they saw a lot of movement from their waitlist

Do you remember around what time interviews were sent out?

I got placed on the MMI waitlist >.< Just checked the portal today.

got an actual interview invite! Was on the ‘MMI hold’, so I think that was just a preliminary step as suspected.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got an interview invite as well! After being on hold

Are they all virtual? I’m IS so I’m a little confused on that

Congrats to everyone getting invites!! A big step in the right direction

Also received an interview invite! Will it be on Zoom?

It looks like it’s through Kira! When I registered for my time, it said Kira will email us a link/information a week before.

For everyone getting pulled off the waitlist, when did you submit/do Kira?

Congrats on everyone getting invites!! 😊 That is a big step towards the process!

Does anyone know if they’ve posted how many people applied this year yet?

Anyone else feel like they did poorly on the Kira? I can’t stand watching myself speak on video so the format was a nightmare for me, I ended up just stuttering at the camera like four separate times 🤦🏻‍♀️ Really hoping this isn’t weighted super heavily and trying not to be upset over it, but I feel like I just shot myself hard in the foot.
100% ! As much as you can try to be prepared for the questions they may ask, the timer counting down and the awkwardness of basically talking to yourself will make pretty much anyone squirm. I definitely ran out of time at least once and I feel like the questions this year were a bit more specific and harder to answer than last year. You're not alone!

• Care
100% ! As much as you can try to be prepared for the questions they may ask, the timer counting down and the awkwardness of basically talking to yourself will make pretty much anyone squirm. I definitely ran out of time at least once and I feel like the questions this year were a bit more specific and harder to answer than last year. You're not alone!
Me too! I thought I did HORRIBLE on that but they offered me an interview so maybe they just wanna see what you’re like under pressure? Not a lot about the answers itself?

For those of you that had the waitlist notif and then got an interview were you emailed or did you just see an update to the portal

If they’re going for that I wish they’d use a different metric, I pride myself on my cool head under pressure in the professional world but my Kira was truly tragic. I distinctly remember going “so…yeah.” then panic staring blankly at the camera for a good 5-10 seconds trying to think of anything else to say for one of the prompts and suspect my MMI hold isn’t budging anytime soon 😂

Omg congrats everyone!! It’s happening! Did you all just receive an email or was your portal also updated to reflect the interview invite?

For those that got an interview - did you interpret the information session as being on November 3 or October 27?

Did everyone who got an interview get waitlisted first?

Yes, I was put on MMI waitlist in the beginning of September (submitted/did Kira mid-august). I was invited with the first round of interview invites. So an MMI waitlist notification seems to be the first step towards getting an interview!

I received the MMI waitlist yesterday! Submitted Kira Sept 21st!

Hoping for some movement on the MMI waitlist today 🤞
Been on the lookout all day

Hoping for some movement on the MMI waitlist today 🤞
Super curious how they select people to move on and off of it, it seems like the mass interview waitlisting is new this year

Hoping for some movement on the MMI waitlist today

I know what you mean, I feel so left out of the “massive waitlist”. Do I suck that much?!

I received an invite for a MMI today. I didn’t receive an email yet, just an update on my portal. Here’s my timeline for those that are wondering:

9/13: supplemental application under review
10/10: MMI invite hold
10/18: invite to MMI

I scheduled my MMI for 11/4.

I’m manifesting more good news for everyone!!

Reactions: 3 users
Congrats! That’s encouraging that the MMI dates are still so early in the cycle

I received an invite for a MMI today. I didn’t receive an email yet, just an update on my portal. Here’s my timeline for those that are wondering:

9/13: supplemental application under review
10/10: MMI invite hold
10/18: invite to MMI

I scheduled my MMI for 11/4.

I’m manifesting more good news for everyone!!

OMG! I got one too!!
OOS
9/12 Supplemental Review
10/5 MMI Hold
10/18 MMI Invite

Thank you for the timeline breakdown as well!

Congratulations everyone!! I have been on MMI Hold since 9/22, so it is safe to say I am at the bottom of the list LOL. * cries in Spanish *

This is all my application status says:

“Thank you for completing your Supplemental Application. We will update you once we have finished reviewing the application.”

Is this the same as the supplemental review step you all are mentioning above? It’s different wording than last years.

This is all my application status says:

“Thank you for completing your Supplemental Application. We will update you once we have finished reviewing the application.”

Is this the same as the supplemental review step you all are mentioning above? It’s different wording than last years.

this is what mine says too!

Got my interview invite on Thursday! The interviews are all on zoom, mine is on 11/4

has anyone who submitted their supplemental around 9/17 heard anything yet 🥲 the suspense is killing me